Overreaction

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Even though I wasn’t at the match, I can completely understand some fans frustrations after spending their hard earned money to watch what. However, we hired Cocu to hopefully guide us to the premier league however long that may be. Not to win the carabao cup. It is awful knowing that we went out to forest but we need to keep faith in cocu. It is still so early on! 

I do agree. I genuinely do. 

But if Mr Misery said to you "why should I keep the faith" then what would we say?

Well, at PSV.... 

See, he needs to produce more to cheer. Tonight in the grand scheme is nothing. Even the start we've had is nothing. It can easily put down to a slow start. 

But we need to see that there is a bigger picture. That this isn't it. A season of frustrating players not improving. 

A win tonight could have done it. A great performance on Saturday will do it. But something must happen soon. Nothing even that major. But more than a balanced game that ends in a draw. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

And the worst part is we'll never get a chance to erase the memory as this is the last time we'll ever play our bitter rivals who we've all been conditioned to hate for some reason we're all not quite sure of.

I've been watching Derby since the early 50s and there was never the nastiness between the two clubs as there is now. Just a friendly rivalry because of the closeness of the two cities. Started getting a bit aggressive when Clough moved there in the 70s. 

5 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Not especially bothered to be honest. I'd have felt significantly more disheartened if we'd have played our best team and the result was the same. 

I definitely respect that Cocu has the guts to make unpopular decisions and I'm not going to judge him fully until this time next year.

If I was manager and I put a pineapple at left back, it would be a very unpopular decision. Would you respect me for my bravery? To me, a wrong decision is a wrong decision. The team selection was 100% wrong and he needs to know that. It infuriates me when I see a team sheet and just know it won’t work. Negative or not I’m often right. I tweeted that we’d lost at Wembley at 2:01pm and at 6-45 tonight I told my work lot we’d lose 4-0. 

Somethings don’t need to be tested for a 13th time to see if they work or not. 

Part of the issue for me: if you play just the u23 players who have a history of playing and know each other then you get a coherent performance. You play a side with more senior pros then you get a more know-how performance. I think our balance was more erratic. No idea on the long term progression, but the occasion was difficult. 

Always disappointing to lose any game but of course this one hurts a bit more. I understand Cocu's choice to look at the first team squad as a whole from a competitive perspective. He really has to see what he  has. He will have learned a massive amount tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if he is quite worried. It is obvious our top six squad probably consists of about 8/9 players. Anyway.... See you all at Brentford UTR 

TobyWanKenobi
1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I’m genuinely quite surprised by the overreaction from our fans both on social media and on here. Cocu made it perfectly clear he was going to change the side, so I’m a bit confused by the reaction of some

Forest made just as many changes, but have a far bigger squad of season pros and had more individual quality on the pitch, which showed

If Cocu’s policy is to play second string in cup competitions, whether we draw Nottingham Forest or Newport, should he neglect his policy because we’ve been matched up against our rivals? Or should we trust the man we so overwhelmingly approved of appointing?

Nobody likes losing. Beat Brentford, then Cardiff and tonight will be forgotten.

Score those two penalties we missed and we'd be in the top six, and all in a much better mood.

Football is a game of fine margins. We are at the beginning of something special (look at Bogle, Knight, Buchanan). Despite how tough tonight is to take, it's not hard to feel positive about this football club.

Cocu has a 4 year contract so there is a long term plan. The cup result hurts but he is seeing every player for what they are at this point in their career. Are the kids good enough? Can some senior players hold the team together with integrating youth? 100% behind Cocu and Mel but I bloody hate losing to them bar stewards down the road

Don’t give a duck what team we put out if it’s capable of winning the match. That team obviously wasn’t, because we were hammered. 

What I care about, is the fact we just got embarrassed by our local rivals. If that doesn’t piss you off, no matter what the competition is, then I don’t know what you’re doing as a football fan. The performance is what has highly pissed me off and has me worried. Our start to the season has been bank, I’ve been to 4 matches, I’ve seen 2 goals- one of which meant nothing and one was a pen. I’ve seen two points. An overreaction would be calling for cocu to be sacked or saying the youths will never be good enough. I don’t think being concerned and annoyed about our start and our current quality of squad is an overreaction to what we’ve see today or so far.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Score those two penalties we missed and we'd be in the top six, and all in a much better mood.

Football is a game of fine margins. We are at the beginning of something special (look at Bogle, Knight, Buchanan). Despite how tough tonight is to take, it's hard to feel positive about this football club.

Do you mean it's not hard to feel positive?

If so I agree.

Seems to me that a lot of fans are upset because their Forest workmates/friends are going to take the mick a bit over the coming days because they beat our second 11.  How distressing.  If anyone is getting too much ribbing please post and I am sure a good number on here can help you get through a difficult next 48 hours.

PC: "We play Forest two more times in the league, so we will make sure we make our fans proud in these games."

Looking forward to it ?

Said this the other day, but after Christmas this team will look very different. Trust in the process, ladies and gents. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

On the day the Bury ceased to exist it's a bit melodramatic posting a thread with the title Overreaction

Or maybe Bury's demise may put tonight's result into perspective for those that are overreacting.

Or maybe they still hold a grudge over the 6-0 cup final defeat.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I’m genuinely quite surprised by the overreaction from our fans both on social media and on here. Cocu made it perfectly clear he was going to change the side, so I’m a bit confused by the reaction of some

Forest made just as many changes, but have a far bigger squad of season pros and had more individual quality on the pitch, which showed

If Cocu’s policy is to play second string in cup competitions, whether we draw Nottingham Forest or Newport, should he neglect his policy because we’ve been matched up against our rivals? Or should we trust the man we so overwhelmingly approved of appointing?

Poor policy to begin with. Play to win the matches. Don't put out reserve sides in competitive matches and never do it against fiercest rivals. Really like Cocu, please with appointment etc but tonight he got it so so wrong. 

Don’t get the over reaction comment, we just lost to our arch rivals and taken a hammering in the process. Do we expect the comments to be, we played well and was unlucky because we weren’t.

I don’t  blame PC, I think he has been dealt a poor hand in the transfer window, imo our recruitment team got caught up in the Rooney hype and failed to provide the manager a squad capable of competing in all competitions. As we have seen with Bogle, we can’t afford to lose key players as we have to replace them with square pegs.

I thought FL had a big rebuilding job here, But PC appears to have an even bigger one, he needs to be given time to get this right, but that doesn’t mean the club or him shouldn’t take criticism along the way if they don’t get it right.

Archived