Overreaction

10 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes that is the formation we all see except Cocu,again as for Wisdom he as not been seen for over 6 months so was arguably a injury worry at the start of the season

I think he does see it, he's already said that Bielik will move into that position when he's up to fitness. He's not had much chance to try Bogle and Lowe yet, but the job Lowe has done at right back for me means he should be given a chance at left back when he can be.

He was, but it's still left us short at right back with Bogle's injury, it's not like we could've bought someone else in for the eventuality that Bogle got injured as Bogle was first choice and we have Wisdom as backup when he's fit, we were probably just hoping an injury to Bogle didn't happen or at least didn't happen until Wisdom was fit, then sods law meant it did happen and also at the worst possible time!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think for a moment we will sack Cocu but for all the wrong reasons: he will be on a not inconsiderable wage on his 4 year contract which will require paying off

Let's see if Morris can contrive another kind of gross misconduct charge to circumnavigate this, he can't use fiduciary mismanagement or verbal abuse again so will have to think of some other cunning way..  

Only need to pay him until he gets another job

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think for a moment we will sack Cocu but for all the wrong reasons: he will be on a not inconsiderable wage on his 4 year contract which will require paying off

Let's see if Morris can contrive another kind of gross misconduct charge to circumnavigate this, he can't use fiduciary mismanagement or verbal abuse again so will have to think of some other cunning way..  

FFS, talk of getting rid of Cocu already is frankly ridiculous. 

Thankfully, I wasn't at today's game and, I admit things aren't good at the moment but, after just six league games it's far too early to be writing him off.

14 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Let’s just keep sacking managers on 4 year contracts and perhaps bring Pullis in? Let’s just give Cocu time ffs,he’s making some mistakes but I’m pretty sure he is learning fast that this squad is lacking quality.

I agree. 10 games in I'll start to make my mind up. We know the squad lacks quality in certain areas but the performances can be so much better without a doubt. If you're justifying our poor showings and results with "the squad isn't good enough" you're kidding yourself. For me at the moment I just can't see what we're trying to do or how we're trying to play and it's a worry. We look so disjointed and confused. Playing catch up in this league never ends well. But as you say, let's give him time.

14 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

FFS, talk of getting rid of Cocu already is frankly ridiculous. 

Thankfully, I wasn't at today's game and, I admit things aren't good at the moment but, after just six league games it's far too early to be writing him off.

I was responding to the posts made way before referencing Cocu getting sacked so not sure why you have singularly picked on my post as I neither did propogate the idea nor further it - if you read I said we won't be sacking him.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was responding to the posts made way before referencing Cocu getting sacked so not sure why you have singularly picked on my post as I neither did propogate the idea nor further it - if you read I said we won't be sacking him.

The way I read your posts you implied Cocu wouldn't be sacked but only because of his wages and four year contract. You then went on to say let's see if Mel can come up with some other cunning plan to get rid.

i'm sorry if that's not a course of action you would support but that's what it looked like to me.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The way I read your posts you implied Cocu wouldn't be sacked but only because of his wages and four year contract. You then went on to say let's see if Mel can come up with some other cunning plan to get rid.

i'm sorry if that's not a course of action you would support but that's what it looked like to me.

Ok as long as we've cleared that up 

The original posters were all advocating sacking Cocu I found it a bit strange that you singled out my post and not theirs when I specifically stated that Cocu wouldn't be sacked 

Yes, early days. 

I dont agree with the remarks about the quality of the squad.

Have a look at the Swansea and Charlton teams. You can't tell me man for man they are better than the Derby. 

Their managers seem to be getting more out of them than Cocu currently is. 

Maybe the Swansea and Charlton players are giving the full 100% to their respective managers. I’m not convinced Cocu is getting total commitment from all of our players*.

*I don’t get to games anymore so my opinion is based on the Huddersfield/Bristol C games I caught on Sky plus the post match comments on here of the members I think give a balanced review of a game. ?

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Yes, early days. 

I dont agree with the remarks about the quality of the squad.

Have a look at the Swansea and Charlton teams. You can't tell me man for man they are better than the Derby. 

Their managers seem to be getting more out of them than Cocu currently is. 

We've heard these things before, re Clement, Pearson & Mac 2. 

I think the club need to properly support the new manager in building his own squad. If that means writing this season off then so be it. After all, Mel allowed the Lampard / Chelsea circus to over run to the detriment of our pre season. 

At this stage last year the table looked like this and lots of Norwich “fans” were demanding that Farke should be sacked.That was his second season at the club-perhaps we should see where we are this time next year before making knee jerk reactions on Cocu’s start at Derby.Two missed penalties by Waghorn have cost us an extra 4 points and 9th place.It also means that Swansea and West Brom ,two of the better teams in the division,have unbeaten records but I don’t see people demanding the removal of Waghorn! 

53260387-186B-42D5-9D62-17CD777A7CBF.jpeg

Archived