Jamie Paterson

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Must admit i can sleep easy, i was worried who we were going to boo now Butterfield Johnson and blackman have gone, phew.

Actually we boo Roos now - he's the responsible for all of our mistakes - if Carson had been in net against Bristol we'd have won 10-0

On 13/08/2019 at 14:29, SaintRam said:

I used to attend games back when Savage was with us, and I remember a small group of folks near the top of the North stand who boo'd him, either when he came on or when his name was announced pre-game, every single game until I stopped going. I assume it continued until he retired.

Really weird, some people. 

Probably because it was that left hand side of the North stand that he gave the bird to when he cheated that penalty out of us to win the game for Leicester. 

12 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Probably because it was that left hand side of the North stand that he gave the bird to when he cheated that penalty out of us to win the game for Leicester. 

I was in the North Stand that day. The idiot game is the clenched fist uppercut having swan dived and managing to convince the ref - who I think was Graham Barber that day.

The floppy-haired Nancy boy......?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was in the North Stand that day. The idiot game is the clenched fist uppercut having swan dived and managing to convince the ref - who I think was Graham Barber that day.

The floppy-haired Nancy boy......?

"gave it" not "game is" - just in case I attract the attention of the grammar gestapo......?

We look weak in the wide positions. Lawrence does it once every half dozen games and drifts into anonimity for large swathes of matches, Bennett tries hard but lacks a bit of craft, Zoon just disappoints, Anya seems always on the treatment table but for me is better than most of the other options when he is fit (seemingly out of favour though) and so Paterson has a chance to cement a place for sure. He looks a workmanlike type of performer from first glance, lacking a bit of physicality though maybe. Waghorn had a decent game out wide against West Brom though its not his ideal position surely.

I feel like the Rooney deal drained a lot of resources. Everything after that seemed rushed and slightly panicked. 

I don't know why you'd sign Paterson. If Bristol City felt comfortable enough to send him on loan to a promotion rival, that says it all.

Why not go for a player like free agent Ben Marshall? (can play RB as well which would have been useful recently)  

On 04/09/2019 at 23:02, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Paterson can play. Get off his back. 

I think it’s dangerous to write players off when the team isn’t playing well.

Paterson will have strengths and it’s possible that the side isn’t playing to them. Anyone watching Marriott at the moment for example would say he’s bang average because we keep playing the ball behind his heels rather than in front of him to run onto.

Paterson needs a good footballing full back to link with as he had with Joe Bryan at City.

We might see the best of him when we get Bogle and Lowe in their rightful positions.

Archived