v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

How do people feel about George Thorne or Graham Shinnie at right back? 

I reckon Cocu providing the team with Thorne at RB would be like Mercedes providing Hamilton with tractor. 

4 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

How do people feel about George Thorne or Graham Shinnie at right back? 

Thorne hasn't got the pace to play the RB role the way Cocu wants and is supposed to be going out on loan. Shinnie is a left CM or LB. Can't see either playing at RB for us.

The RB Situation

We currently don't know how long Bogle will be out for. However, we can be fairly certain he won't be ready for this weekend's game vs Stoke. Therefore I see tonights game as a trial for Stoke. So far Stoke have used a 4312 (442 diamond) formation in their two games with the crosses coming in from the fullbacks. I see out full backs playing very narrow, not tested for down the wings but tested aerially. A RB comfortable in the air is what we'll probably go for, keeping Keogh and Clarke as our unbroken central defence partnership.

The Options

Evans, Bateman or Bennett seem the more likely options, given Wisdom, Holmes, Anya are all unavailable. Evans and Bateman would offer the greater positional awareness and aerial ability in defence, whereas Bennett will probably be utilised on the right wing to offer greater defensive cover. Evan's play time so far this season may mean Bateman gets the nod.

23 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Horan

Bateman

Lowe

Buchanan

Davies

Bielik

Sibley

Shinnie

Bennett

Mitchell-Lawson

Marriott

Mitchell / Keogh / McDonald / Evans / Bird / Wilson / Martin

I missed out Knight......him in for Shinners......Shinners replacing McDonald on the bench.

Archived