January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

On 05/12/2019 at 02:11, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Zimmerman from Norwich. Plays centre half and comfy on the ball .Possibly on loan . I would have Vydra in this team over Lawrence without a seconds thought .

I absolutely love these suggestions.

Why would PL team sell their best centreback to us? And why would he move?

Godfrey, their second best CB is rumoured to go to Spurs for €30 millions. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Cheeky bid for Hughes back in January? Watford are rumoured to be after Nigel Pearson, I can't imagine Will is going to be very popular with that neanderthal. I can dream anyway. 

Triple the price they paid and it's a coup. Crowdfunding anyone?

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I absolutely love these suggestions.

Why would PL team sell their best centreback to us? And why would he move?

Godfrey, their second best CB is rumoured to go to Spurs for €30 millions. 

Think he's only played 3 times this season .  Best centreback - not sure they agree.  Good enough for this league though.  I don't make flippant suggestions .

On 06/12/2019 at 23:11, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think he's only played 3 times this season .  Best centreback - not sure they agree.  Good enough for this league though.  I don't make flippant suggestions .

He's been injured. 

On 06/12/2019 at 11:45, Andicis said:

Yeah, a video of him on his snapchat mocking Harry Kane and calling him a ''spastic'' emerged, seems quite the unsavoury character. Wouldn't want him around the club tbh.

He's a kid though and clearly not too bright. Let's not right him off as human being just yet mate, as while I agree that the SnapChat was pretty crass, I personally think less of the 'mate' who leaked it to the press, assuming that's what happened. Bit draconian to not afford him even one chance to atone for his error.

Quite incongruous that we've half a dozen threads moaning about Cocu, but on a thread for discussing how we might bolster the side next month there's only been 4 posts since last week!

Anyway, having had a peep at the transfer threads, I find myself a bit underwhelmed tbh. Obviously we may not really be interested in some or even any of the names mooted but Acosta aside, neither am I really. Praying Cocu and co can pull a rabbit or two out of the hat because folk are getting mighty antsy already and some upbeat news could help soothe their furrowed brows! 

Couple of Dutch players I'd like to see Cocu try and sign this month (depending on money, of course):

CB: Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd) or Jairo Riedewald (Crystal Palace) might be available on loan. Could more than do a job in the Championship. Mike Van der Hoorn (Swansea) would be a leader if we could get him on a permanent. He can also play the ball quite well - I see him as a good replacement for Keogh.

CDM: Tuen Koopmeiners (AZ) will be a player I continue to bang on about time and time again. Proper unit who can play the ball well. Reminds me a lot of peak George Thorne. 

CM: Marco Van Ginkel (Chelsea) could he be available on loan? Fully fit now apparently. Captain under Cocu at PSV. Again, would be very good at this level.

RW: Calvin Stengs (AZ) is going to be one of the Dutch stars of the future. Pace and skill are abundant and he's still very young. This might be an expensive option, though.

ST: Myron Boadu (AZ) - remember the name. This guy is on fire in the Eredivisie and is now in the Netherlands U21 squad. Like Stengs, he could be an expensive option.

Along with Rooney we need at least 2 more attacking options, 1 to replace Paterson who is likely to return to Bristol City and then another, if i'm being greedy I would like 3 attacking plus Rooney.

A big Jan ahead, will be interesting to see who goes, who comes in and if the new investment is there to strengthen.

I cant wait for the end of Jan so we can see what our squad will be, with the returning players from injury and new additions I really think we have a chance of an exciting end of season.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Couple of Dutch players I'd like to see Cocu try and sign this month (depending on money, of course):

CB: Timothy Fosu-Mensah (Man Utd) or Jairo Riedewald (Crystal Palace) might be available on loan. Could more than do a job in the Championship. Mike Van der Hoorn (Swansea) would be a leader if we could get him on a permanent. He can also play the ball quite well - I see him as a good replacement for Keogh.

CDM: Tuen Koopmeiners (AZ) will be a player I continue to bang on about time and time again. Proper unit who can play the ball well. Reminds me a lot of peak George Thorne. 

CM: Marco Van Ginkel (Chelsea) could he be available on loan? Fully fit now apparently. Captain under Cocu at PSV. Again, would be very good at this level.

RW: Calvin Stengs (AZ) is going to be one of the Dutch stars of the future. Pace and skill are abundant and he's still very young. This might be an expensive option, though.

ST: Myron Boadu (AZ) - remember the name. This guy is on fire in the Eredivisie and is now in the Netherlands U21 squad. Like Stengs, he could be an expensive option.

And yet, what we’ll actually get, is some Scottish centre half and a striker on loan from Charlton

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Along with Rooney we need at least 2 more attacking options, 1 to replace Paterson who is likely to return to Bristol City and then another, if i'm being greedy I would like 3 attacking plus Rooney.

A big Jan ahead, will be interesting to see who goes, who comes in and if the new investment is there to strengthen.

I cant wait for the end of Jan so we can see what our squad will be, with the returning players from injury and new additions I really think we have a chance of an exciting end of season.

Not sure if there will be that much inward activity. If we could offload Lawrence for a couple of million. Also there doesn't seem to be much future for Marriott, maybe cash in while he still has the reputation as a goal machine. Also Waghorn seems to have given up recently. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I don't doubt that they are all good players but i would doubt whether we could afford any of them. And why would players at the very top of the Dutch league be interested in a move to a club in the bottom half of the championship? I don't think it will be that easy. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Really like these suggestions. I just feel like our recruitment (who is still ran by McLarens son) need to look abroad and stop going for inflated league 1 players. In my opinion we may as well cash in this January while prices may be a bit higher. I know it’s a massive risk but we may as well sell Lawrence(heard he’s in the shop window) ,Marriott (made of glass and obviously doesn’t work hard enough in training despite the talent) , waghorn (getting old, poor this season, simply not good enough). Don’t think we should sell Bogle but wisdom seems OK as a replacement for now.

Archived