January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

If we could get him, either on loan or permanent (if the price is right) is Connor McLennan from Aberdeen, 20 year old Left Winger but can also play RW or CF, versatile enthusiastic with plenty of stamina,current under 21 international very much under the radar but would fit in with how Cocu wants to play. Yes,some are going to say not proven yet at this level but in my opinion would fit in well, better than we currently have.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Begovic, Dickie, Van Winkle, IN

Forsyth, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Dowell, Evans, Paterson, Anya, Hamer OUT

10 OUT and 3 in but I would consider that a good window lol

Begovic

Bogle, Dickie, Clarke, Lowe

Bielik

Shinnie, Van Winkle

Rooney

Martin, Marriott

COVER

Roos

Wisdom, Davies, Buchanan, Malone

Hudds

Knight, Sibley

Whittaker

Bennett, Festy

That looks pretty good to me - 

Just now, Dethorn said:

Forsyth, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Dowell, Evans, Paterson, Anya, Hamer OUT

Begovic

Bielik

Shinnie, Van Winkle

Rooney

Martin, Marriott

COVER

Roos

Hudds

Knight, Sibley

Whittaker

Bennett, Festy

Hahahahahaahahahah we're suffering from injuries as it is pal dunno what drugs you been on but how you think we're gonna cope wi 7 less players?

Plus you can't expect the youth to come in and do a shift like that mate must be off your rocker.

10 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Now I understand the mixed opinions on Lawrence and Evans (I rate them both as positive additions to the squad)

But Holmes? Seriously?!?!?

How much have you had to drink? ? 

Oh also, we've been trying to shift Anya since summer 1963 so doubt that will happen - And are you killing Huddlestone?

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

Hahahahahaahahahah we're suffering from injuries as it is pal dunno what drugs you been on but how you think we're gonna cope wi 7 less players?

Plus you can't expect the youth to come in and do a shift like that mate must be off your rocker.

No drugs and still sane 

I love Constructive criticism though thanks

I still have 22 man squad and not mentioned all the youth options

I believe in being lean to be more effective though why waste the coaches time on the likes of Dowell, Anya etc it takes away from the others

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Now I understand the mixed opinions on Lawrence and Evans (I rate them both as positive additions to the squad)

But Holmes? Seriously?!?!?

How much have you had to drink? ? 

Oh also, we've been trying to shift Anya since summer 1963 so doubt that will happen - And are you killing Huddlestone?

Actually Holmes was the tuff one - but I wanted Knight and Sibley as my back ups and contrary to the other post I consider 22 man plus squad to be enough.

As for Anya cxl his contract then 

5 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Actually Holmes was the tuff one - but I wanted Knight and Sibley as my back ups and contrary to the other post I consider 22 man plus squad to be enough.

As for Anya cxl his contract then 

Holmes is one of the 'must start' players for me - Energetic, great on the ball, decent eye for a pass and when he's in full flow can go past players like they aren't there - He's the most creative player we currently have in the middle of the park and provide good cover on the wing too

Relying on a couple of 18 year olds as backup is rookie - Neither of them are ready for that much exposure and best to ease them in - Lampard used to say last season that you have your squad, with cover and THEN youth players to add further depth - Always treat young talent coming through as the cherry on the cake not the cake itself

And I've seen nothing about Whittaker so far which suggests he'd be capable of deputising for Wayne Roony... The lad looks decent but that number 10 role needs to be the linchpin of our attacking threat, the creative force connecting midfield and attack, creating chances for the striker and scoring goals themselves - That's a LOT of pressure to put on an 18 year old

Holmes must start for you, personally I can see that, like I said Holmes was probably the toughest call out of the lot and given his flexibility he is an ideal cover player.

but I would not intend/(hope) that you have to put two or three of the youngsters in at any given time.

And my cover squad is laid out like that just to check the numbers - if whittaker was not up to the 10 role then try sibley or go three up top with Bennett

At the end of the day it is a hypothetical and I guess my overriding point  was we have a big squad and this is hampering youngsters, with reflection I was being a bit brutal to try and make a point of how much we could strip it down.

Every minute spent coaching, training, nurturing, treating the likes of  Dowell, Anya, Paterson etc is a minute not spent on our own youngsters aka our future

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Begovic

Bielik

Shinnie, Van Winkle

Rooney

Martin, Marriott

COVER

Roos

Hudds

Knight, Sibley

Whittaker

Bennett, Festy

So you want to rely on Marriott without any experienced strikers as backup? Despite Marriott being unable to play multiple games in a row. When players go off form, or get injured we're pretty much purely relying on youth? That seems overly risky. And unnecessary. Why would you get rid of Forsyth? He's a good pro, won't be on huge wages, we won't get a big fee if one at all? 

Same with Evans, good pro, not huge wages, decent cover, no real reason to get rid. 

If nobody has taken Anya up to now, why would they now take him?

Waggy is out of form but covers multiple positions and could get back on form, he's been good in this league before.

Getting rid of Holmes is crazy talk. He's our only current midfielder with a bit of drive to get the ball forward. 

Lawrence yeah if you can get a big sum, if not you may as well keep him since on his day he can offer much needed quality. He's also statistically our most creative player, something with lack badly in. So get rid of the little creativity we have? 

Relying on Van Ginkle in midfield despite him just coming back from a long term injury too?

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

He has changed his tune then, as he initially stated that he wanted players with championship experience.

Maybe now he has experinced the league close up he will have an idea of ex players who should be able to adjust to the style and will also know where in the team needs improvement whereas in the summer it was more about filling up numbers rathers than actually improving quality hence Paterson on deadline

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Narsingh signed for Feyenoord on a free this summer so I doubt he would move again. 

I could see it. Hasn't looked right there all season. Feyenoord are a mess and I think most players in that team would move to the championship if they could.

Love everyone’s optimism. Andy King now quitting his Rangers loan early and returning to the Midlands. We know our ‘recruitment team’ like him. 

seriously - at least 1 new centre back who’s fit and currently playing is a must. 

i’d have Dowell and Paterson’s return as a must to free up room for better loans - with the youngsters we have coming through we don’t necessarily want to be buying long term obstacles to their progress in midfield in particular. 

We also have an overspill of goalkeepers at u-23 (mitchell/barnes/ravas) so you’d expect them to be offered as loans - maybe with Babos too. 

The list of departures above made me smile: Forsyth, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Dowell, Evans, Paterson, Anya, Hamer

We’d need to have a pretty good salesman to achieve that based on current form... 

16 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Begovic

Bielik

Shinnie, Van Winkle

Rooney

Martin, Marriott

COVER

Roos

Hudds

Knight, Sibley

Whittaker

Bennett, Festy

6 put of your current team are injured, a few pretty seriously and you think we could rely on these to play the remainder of the season? 

Van Ginkel has only just returned from long term injury too. 

Regarding your outs, you want to get rid of pretty much all our options on the wing? It would be tactical suicide to only have the players to play the diamond formation. Cancel the loans to make room for signings sure, but Waghorn is currently our top scorer this season. 

16 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Begovic; Bogle, Dickie, Clarke, Lowe; Bielik, Shinnie, Van Winkle; Rooney, Martin, Marriott

COVER

Roos; Wisdom, Davies, Buchanan, Malone; Hudds, Knight, Sibley; Whittaker, Bennett, Festy

It's probably too soon for Whittaker to be a first team squad player, so it definitely is for Ebosele (who plays almost every game on the wings as a RB or RW). I also expect Cocu to recruit for his 433.

GK: Roos, +1
RB: Bogle, Wisdom
CB: Davies, Clarke, Forsyth, +1
LB: Lowe, Malone
DM: Bielik, Huddlestone, Evans
CM: Shinnie, Holmes, Rooney, Knight, Sibley
RW: Waghorn, +1
LW: Lawrence, Bennett
CF: Martin, +1

In: GK, CB, RW, CF
Out: Hamer, Dowell, Paterson, Jozefzoon
Loan out: Mitchell, Buchanan, Bird, Marriott
Slurping cocktails in Dubai: Anya

2 hours ago, singaporeram said:

Love everyone’s optimism. Andy King now quitting his Rangers loan early and returning to the Midlands. We know our ‘recruitment team’ like him. 

seriously - at least 1 new centre back who’s fit and currently playing is a must. 

i’d have Dowell and Paterson’s return as a must to free up room for better loans - with the youngsters we have coming through we don’t necessarily want to be buying long term obstacles to their progress in midfield in particular. 

We also have an overspill of goalkeepers at u-23 (mitchell/barnes/ravas) so you’d expect them to be offered as loans - maybe with Babos too. 

The list of departures above made me smile: Forsyth, Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon, Dowell, Evans, Paterson, Anya, Hamer

We’d need to have a pretty good salesman to achieve that based on current form... 

£10 the lot! 

mike-ashley.jpg

Archived