January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't doubt that they are all good players but i would doubt whether we could afford any of them. And why would players at the very top of the Dutch league be interested in a move to a club in the bottom half of the championship? I don't think it will be that easy. 

AZ are currently level on points with Ajax, so these suggestions are quite wildly optimistic.

However, maybe the pull of Cocu/English Football/Rooney/Money might count for something? I'm not sure. I very much doubt we'd bring in ANY of the players I suggested. I'd just like to see it! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

AZ are currently level on points with Ajax, so these suggestions are quite wildly optimistic.

However, maybe the pull of Cocu/English Football/Rooney/Money might count for something? I'm not sure. I very much doubt we'd bring in ANY of the players I suggested. I'd just like to see it! 

I watched the AZ-Ajax game yesterday. Tight game but AZ duly won it and it's between those two who'll win the Eredivisie. Hard to see anyone dropping to Championship from that level, especially when Champions League games are guaranteed next season.

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

CDM: Tuen Koopmeiners (AZ) will be a player I continue to bang on about time and time again. Proper unit who can play the ball well. Reminds me a lot of peak George Thorne. 

Love that someone else knows about good ol' Teun!

Ryan wotsit on the Athletic just now with some interesting insight. 

Says top priority is a centre forward and a no. 10. Suggests some of those playing those positions right now could be leaving. Dowell? Martin? Waggy? Marriott? Seems like Cocu has lost patience with all of them. 

Then after that wingers and CB. Keeper a lower priority... May wait until the Summer. 

That all suggests to me that Rooney is pencilled in as a no. 8

On 16/12/2019 at 00:16, Dcfc_20 said:

Really like these suggestions. I just feel like our recruitment (who is still ran by McLarens son) need to look abroad and stop going for inflated league 1 players. In my opinion we may as well cash in this January while prices may be a bit higher. I know it’s a massive risk but we may as well sell Lawrence(heard he’s in the shop window) ,Marriott (made of glass and obviously doesn’t work hard enough in training despite the talent) , waghorn (getting old, poor this season, simply not good enough). Don’t think we should sell Bogle but wisdom seems OK as a replacement for now.

You must have watched Marriott training on several occasions to come to that conclusion or are you basing your opinion on one comment made by Lampard nearly 12 months ago?

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Says top priority is a centre forward and a no. 10. Suggests some of those playing those positions right now could be leaving. Dowell? Martin? Waggy? Marriott? Seems like Cocu has lost patience with all of them. 

Then after that wingers and CB. Keeper a lower priority... May wait until the Summer. 

As I've posted elsewhere on here, friend ITK at Hull City says Marriott is going there in January.

I hope it's wrong, that he really has had a few niggles, gets over them and becomes a Derby goalscoring legend.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

As I've posted elsewhere on here, friend ITK at Hull City says Marriott is going there in January.

I hope it's wrong, that he really has had a few niggles, gets over them and becomes a Derby goalscoring legend.

Nope , if we can get rid then do it quicksmart, he is like when you buy a Car and find out it’s a banger , looks great , is great sometimes , but you quickly realise you can’t rely on it and it lets you down when you really need it 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope , if we can get rid then do it quicksmart, he is like when you buy a Car and find out it’s a banger , looks great , is great sometimes , but you quickly realise you can’t rely on it and it lets you down when you really need it 

Marriott or Cocu?

On 25/11/2019 at 22:22, Sean said:

Need to steer very well clear of Butland, he's awful at the moment. Very much at fault for Wigan's goal this weekend.

I feel like this has to be said every transfer window, but there is a lot of wisdom going for out of form players. Butland playing well would cost 10s of millions and be going to the Prem. Having not been good recently gives us more of a chance. 

Our issue in the past has been going for inform players and paying a premium. Notice lots of people suggesting Jed Wallace. He’s been good for a while, but now he’s played a few good games he will cost a lot more. Don’t write signings off because they let a bad goal in or haven’t scored for a while

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I bloody hope so.

Esit. Hopefully Lawrence is on the list as well.

Archived