January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i’d set the manager the task of achieving 5 players of 22/23 or under as regular starters.

if we commit to Bogle, Lowe, and bielik  then we just need a couple more 

(if Fiorentina can do it, then why can’t we in the arse end of the championship?)

2 wingers is the obvious place to start

The Netherlands is a great place to look. Two Dutch players could spark a bit of enthusiasm. 

One possible option.....

Vito van clooij of PEC Zwolle,  23 in January, two footed, former u21 international, has scored some good goals

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QblYjQDK69I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KsaDTzRguFI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lkeTWvgIuUM

On 08/10/2019 at 23:46, B4ev6is said:

Well no harm in lower league talent but also no harm at free agents or aboard for players.

But I have seen one or two league one quite looks like off.

Theres a young lad at top end trying think clubs name but I think top at the moment looks of things he can play in midield or at the back he looks quite decent could be ours for about 950k to 1.6m.

Sorry @B4ev6is but that is ridiculous, a player that is so good that you dont know his name, who he plays for or what position he plays, but are willing to pay £1.6m for him?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hes looked distinctly average for England this evening....

That's true.

The whole question is a tricky one anyway.... Rather than buy/loan players, particularly wingers, who fall within our budget, this season wouldn't we be better served by giving experience - in phased stages - to the academy players?

Can't see too much going on in January

We need a keeper, but we probably won't get one.

We need a centre half. and whilst I'm confident that will happen, I expect it will just be a stop gap. Either a loanee or a 6 month contract.

Can see Dowell being sent back as Rooney pushes him further down the pecking order, and think we may also try and shift a wide player out to allow us to bring a more Cocu-friendly winger in.  Wouldn't be surprised to sign Paterson permanently.

After that its like for like on sales. I suspect the likes of Wisdom (fringe players on decent salaries) will be shopped around, and some lower league/close to expiry/Scots of decent age will be bought in as replacements/competition.  If we have a youngster for that role maybe expect it to be a loan/stop gap instead.

Summer will be the big one for us - Carson, Anya and the like will be off the wage bill, anyone whose deal is up but is staying on (players like maybe Huddlestone or Davies) will be on heavily reduced deals, in addition to last summers sales, I think Cocu will really start to put his stamp on the squad.

32 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Goalkeeper, Centre-Half, Right-Winger, Attacking Midfielder.

Not a cheap January!

January is not cheap as prices are inflated so we should be cautious about bringing in too many permanent signings in the desperation window. 

Should look at bringing in loans to see us through to the summer if needed.

Archived