January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Morris did sound like we won’t spend money this window! 

I agree, it sounded like he went on the radio fully charged for an argument.

Definatley sounded like he was telling the fans (not just Ramage), that we wont be spending much, we will be relying on the kids and its time to put up or shut up.

Providing Knight, Bird and Lowe keeping performing like that then it's all good. We could do with Whittaker and Hector-Ingram coming of age also.

I didn't think Mel came across very well in that interview. You can slag off Ramage all you like, but his point on playing the academy players when they're ready, and of they're good enough, is a valid one.

Morris' slant on why they should be playing was a bit of a weird one last night.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I didn't think Mel came across very well in that interview. You can slag off Ramage all you like, but his point on playing the academy players when they're ready, and of they're good enough, is a valid one.

Morris' slant on why they should be playing was a bit of a weird one last night.

Ramage was only saying that we can’t rely 100% on the kids when in a relegation battle, Mel sounded like he wanted to get money for the kids and sell up 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Ramage was only saying that we can’t rely 100% on the kids when in a relegation battle, Mel sounded like he wanted to get money for the kids and sell up 

Maybe the words relegation and battle boiled his piss but he had to demonstrate restraint as it was a live interview ?

3 hours ago, Topram said:

No. Mel did not imply this. To my ears it was more that if you invest in the academy you use these players or what's the point.  His comment about other clubs not wanting your players if you don't try them was an additional point and of course the very best will move on if we don't go up and those that aren't good enough for first team may well have sell on value to clubs in lower leagues etc.  What's the problem with that? 

5 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

No. Mel did not imply this. To my ears it was more that if you invest in the academy you use these players or what's the point.  His comment about other clubs not wanting your players if you don't try them was an additional point and of course the very best will move on if we don't go up and those that aren't good enough for first team may well have sell on value to clubs in lower leagues etc.  What's the problem with that? 

Nothing.

However Mel makes it sound like it's been a deliberate choice not to use the wonders of his Academy pre-Cocu and his discoveries! Who has been missed that came through Mel's Academy then, I don't know?

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nothing.

However Mel makes it sound like it's been a deliberate choice not to use the wonders of his Academy pre-Cocu and his discoveries! Who has been missed that came through Mel's Academy then, I don't know?

I suspect that, like an impatient distiller, Mel has been waiting for his investment to age well.

A premature tipple from the oak cask of Mel's academy would just taste like p*** and leave you with a nasty hangover. 

Properly matured, it's a pleasurable consumption or a valuable export. 

But not before.....??

Archived