Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

You know what now I'm over the initial amazement it makes sense

If you're a 33 year old footballer of the talent that Rooney has then obviously you want to finish your career at the greatest team the world has ever seen

Bale to be announced tomorrow anyone?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Out of interest, anybody have any Everton mates who can give an overview of his second stint there and how he was viewed? That might give a better indication of what we can expect rather than ‘England’s best ever striker’ or whatever the press want to put on him

According to a brief delve into Everton forums, they're still fond of him and in the early summer (when the "Rooney wants to coach" stuff came up) described him as potentially being a useful squad player, if he were to come back from DC.

If they still thought he could do a job for them he can certainly do one for us. 

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Two things concern me.

1. Will this block the way for one of our promising youngsters?

2. Will Cocu understand a single word he's talking about?

1. No.

2. Maybe.

Just now, bimmerman said:

Wow... 

... Just amazing.... 

Well done Mel. Our nations highest every goalscorer signing for Derby

Have they announced a shirt number yet so I can order my shirt??! 

Number 32 by the looks of it

4 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I haven't got time to quote every fanboy who's replied to me, so I'll just say that my point, for those questioning it, is that Rooney was and is overrated.

One WC goal and apparently he's a Legend. What low expectations we have.

Still, go ahead and wet your girly little pants because we're signing a Man Utd legend.

giphy.gif

second highest goalscorer in premier league history, had a good season at everton 2 years ago and has been scoring and assisting for fun in the MLS... but yeah of course he's not good enough for us 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Something about this 32 Red thing is making me feel a little uneasy...

They're basically paying for us to have Wayne Rooney as part of our squad. Worth it.

Now if they were REALLY clever, they'd create a second company called "Red", and pay to become "back of the shirt" sponsors. Then every Rooney shirt would say 

Rooney
  Red

Archived