Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

I still think there is a big name going to sign before deadline day.

Mel is a incredible man and another one may come out of the hat??

I'm thinking of a Space Jam scene..............Enter Zlatan into Pride park with Rooney!

18 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

In order to achieve success you need good players and a good manager to keep them motivated.

Rooney is CLASS, even at the grand old age of 33 he'll be the best player in this league.

As has already been proven he'll also raise the profile of the club Worldwide, every Man U fan in the World will be keeping an eye on our results just to see how he gets on. (Admittedly nobody in Manchester will notice..) This added publicity will mean that more sponsors will want to be associated with us meaning we get more money into the Club.

More money in the club means we can get better players who will also think that playing alongside Rooney is exciting and encourage them to sign.

Plus he'll score a hat-full of goals, set up more and fire us into the Premier League. 

It's a magnificent signing full stop.

Lead story on the official United website. 

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/Derby-county-confirm-arrival-of-man-utd-legend-wayne-rooney

Saw the first minute of his press conference. Looks like Mels just killed his cat and said he if didn't come to Derby the dog was next.

Bloody hell the "agent forced me to do this" vibes... Man.... Write it off to jet lag but that's a come down. Nigel Clough would've bombed out any player that unenthusiastic as a matter of principle. And yes, nigel Clough would never have signed Wayne Rooney.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Saw the first minute of his press conference. Looks like Mels just killed his cat and said he if didn't come to Derby the dog was next.

Bloody hell the "agent forced me to do this" vibes... Man.... Write it off to jet lag but that's a come down. Nigel Clough would've bombed out any player that unenthusiastic as a matter of principle. And yes, nigel Clough would never have signed Wayne Rooney.

You've never seen a Wayne Rooney press conference before, I take it. 

He's not an excitable fellow. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

No. Or if I have I've forgotten I ever did.

They're often forgettable.

Don't stress, this is very normal Rooney ? 

I suspect its down to the fact he knows he's not a great speaker so gets a little anxious for pressers. He was pretty dour when he signed for Man Utd too ? 

Archived