Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

But he'll get a 1.5-2 month break between their season ending and him starting to play with us. 

Will probably rest for half a month, then join up with us for one month of training (the same timeframes as regular pre-season), ahead of his first game in early January.

Makes a lot of sense.

first game he plays possibly, Jan 11 away to Boro, what a laugh that would be when he scores the winner.  They would have to put Gibson in an Hannibel lecter suit strapped to a trolley

Just now, Spanish said:

first game he plays possibly, Jan 11 away to Boro, what a laugh that would be when he scores the winner.  They would have to put Gibson in an Hannibel lecter suit strapped to a trolley

First game... FA Cup 3rd round away at Grimsby, with @David waiting at the ground to throw his pants at him.

24 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Yeah basically what I said purely money based , would of made sense for everybody for him to join now so he is well into the swing of championship football by Christmas but instead hes joining after 25 games or more have been played and by then he has played a full season in America then is thrown into a tough demanding league playing twice a week or more at his age after a full season in mls?? Alarm bells ringing 

Errrr he’s the majority of the way through the season now, him signing now and playing a full championship season would be alarm bells.

if he doesn’t come to January, he will have had a proper post season break before starting again.

Shame it won't happen til Jan...but its being spoilt to be too down about that. Fingers crossed he keeps injury free and gives us a real boost after Xmas. 

Talking of being spoilt...think we are due two more signings? Right wing and.... ?Need something to get excited about, Mel has just raised expectations again and I love it!

Well, I’ve got to say over the 50 odd years as a Rams fan I’ve seen some things, just when you thought normality had returned Mel goes and pulls this rabbit out of the hat..!  Let’s hope his presence has a positive impact on the dressing room and on the training pitch.  COYR.....???

Of course, this is also the perfect media circus to allow us to conduct any business for other players entirely under the radar. ?

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Of course, this is also the perfect media circus to allow us to conduct any business for other players entirely under the radar. ?

While Bournemouth are refreshing their Twitter feed following the Rooney story, we sneak in and sign Wilson on loan.

On 02/08/2019 at 13:10, Pastinaak said:

We are easily the coolest club in the Championship. 

I actually posted this 4 days ago when I'd never even heard of Wayne Rooney. I think we're probably the coolest club in the country now.

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Well, he has the same chant as Keogh so he can’t have that! 

How about this one? ?

How about we resurrect the Harry Wilson chant:

"We've got Wayne Rooney,

He's probably worth far more in commercial revenue than the reported £100k a week wages we'll be paying him..."

Archived