Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

7 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Brentford reportedly offering £1.5 mill , Think his value can only increase and we don't need to sell. Will be an asset for the future so unless £5 mill comes are way I wouldn't personally want him to leave

By saying he will be an asset for the future you must think he can improve on where he is now but can he? FL sent him out on loan last season but did he improve,some will say he did but playing in the SPL is not same as playing week in/week out in the championship. PC has probably seen enough in preseason to come to the conclusion that he is only going to be a bit part player and there is enough cover at LB for him to move on.Fans of every club always see the players sold as undervalued and players bought as overvalued but if the club do sell it will be at the price the club thinks he is worth

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

just for clarity, I am not debating the potential value of Lowe. I take issue with the criteria by which he is judged by supposed fans.

I've seen people a lot better than Lowe play a lot worse than he played against Leeds in those two games. I could show you footage of Mark Wright defending calamitously against Forest and giving a goal away, this as a full England international and Derby captain. 

I find it disingenuous and almost disloyal (to the club and players) just how easily people who call themselves Derby fans can write off someone who hasn't really had chance to learn the game.

Lowe was sent out on loan because he is/was not yet ready for the Championship. He is still developing. Another example is Roos. He flapped at a couple in a big game, but there are WORLD CLASS goalkeepers making these errors too. Why do Derby fans demand perfection when it doesn't exist?

Disloyal to express an opinion about a Rams player on a forum like this...really? I just don't think Lowe has shown enough to be branded a 5-6 million pound player and I personally would play Malone tonight, just my opinion.....

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Disloyal to express an opinion about a Rams player on a forum like this...really? I just don't think Lowe has shown enough to be branded a 5-6 million pound player and I personally would play Malone tonight, just my opinion.....

opinions are based on something, Lowe hasn't done anything to be judged on yet. As mentioned, I'm not debating the value, or if he's first choice left back. Just that writing a kid off so easily is kinda nonsense.

I think Lampard and Jody really liked the look of him in preseason - thats why he started the first 2 games of the season and then gave him another go in January but thought he needed another year of experience. We also lost Davies and brought in tomori which meant we would have had 3 under 21s in defence which they may have thought was too risky 

On 02/08/2019 at 09:28, jono said:

We shouldn’t sell him unless we have to. 

Bit of a random thought, but maybe he is the winger we’ve been missing ? 

Not a random thought, I think the same. Play Lowe instead of Lawrence. More energy, more effort, better passer and better crosser of the ball. And he could get back to help out Malone who's defending is a bit iffy at the best of times.. 

Think he deserves a chance to fight for first-choice left-back this season, but he'll obviously go if Brentford meet our valuation. That's what the academy is there for. We won't keep him while his stock is high, on the off-chance he becomes "the next Bogle".

29 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

Not a random thought, I think the same. Play Lowe instead of Lawrence. More energy, more effort, better passer and better crosser of the ball. And he could get back to help out Malone who's defending is a bit iffy at the best of times.. 

Bonkers

2 minutes ago, Alan said:

I would be disappointed if Max leaves the mighty Rams , he looks talent . Getting better with age , I presume they need to balance the books ! 

Based on what? A rejected low-ball bid?

1.5 million ain't poo in today's market. That is a dismal bid from Brentford. Max Lowe has so much potential and is still a young player with plenty of clubs after him. I personally think we should keep him and integrate him, since I think he can be a lot better than Malone, but even if we were to sell, 1.5 million isn't even close to what he's worth.

There are double standards at play here

Last season we had Wilson on loan from Liverpool, now he can go because Klopp doesn't think he is good enough for the 1st team. We had Lowe on loan at Aberdeen and now we have rejected a bid because it's too low, not because he is an important 1st team player who is not for sale so in the same vein PC must think he is not good enough for our 1st team because he possibly has reached his maximum potential and the time is right to cash in. If he played for another team and we were looking at him and people were quoting £3 - £5 mill we would be saying that's crazy he is not worth that, out on loan at a SPL club last season and can't command a 1st team spot on his return.

What we as fans think he is worth and what management think he is worth are sometimes miles apart.

I honestly struggle to understand the people who are happy to sell Lowe, without replacement, and keep Malone as No.1... Malone consistently looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Despite his height, he's very weak aerially, his tackling ability leaves a lot to be desired and is always a yard off the pace- this is a 28 year old with a huge amount of experience at this level and, barring the odd amazing cross or goal-line block, hasn't shown anything to warrant his £3m price tag.

Lowe has shown far more signs of promise than worry when i've seen him. Anyone judging him in any part on those leeds games is a bit foolish because Leeds' entire footballing system is constructed around overloading the fullbacks, he had to contend with Hernandez, arguably the best winger in the league and then 1/2 other players, all with little to no help from Lawrence in front of him...

At this point, given the rise of Bogle last season, i'd give Lowe a run of games and set those out as a chance to prove himself and stake a claim for the first team shirt. He's faster, more agile and more dangerous offensively than Malone but will obviously be hindered with youthful errors that all young players have; we gave Bogle a chance to iron those out through consistent gametime, I think we should do the same with Lowe.

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

1.5 million ain't poo in today's market. That is a dismal bid from Brentford. Max Lowe has so much potential and is still a young player with plenty of clubs after him. I personally think we should keep him and integrate him, since I think he can be a lot better than Malone, but even if we were to sell, 1.5 million isn't even close to what he's worth.

With a little coaching and faith in his abilities he may well prove more of a left winger than defender. Look what happened to Bale when Spurs had to move him from fullback to winger. 

To sell him now, unless it’s a substantial offer (which the Brentford offer isn’t) wouldn’t make any sense. He doesn’t owe us anything Regards FFP and he won’t be a high earner either. 

Develop the boy, he has a presence on the ball and there have been many a player move positions early in their careers with massive success. 

Keep him Derby and jog on Brentford

Archived