Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

31 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Lowe on one side and Bogle on the other could be mouthwatering.

Yes for the opposition's wide players neither are great defensively and need too massively improve in that department, or we will continue to suffer from players getting down the sides and crosses coming in.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely think we might regret this if we sell. I’m not convinced by Malone, and Fozzy may not be the same player after a couple of bad injuries in a row.

The fact he plays for the England youth team and a few teams in our league want him suggests he’s a talent. Can’t help but think that a few more games for us this season and his price tag could be higher next year.

2 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Yes for the opposition's wide players neither are great defensively and need too massively improve in that department, or we will continue to suffer from players getting down the sides and crosses coming in.

They can cross as much as they want now ?

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Or maybe we can play around their strengths while we work on their weaknesses, rather than selling them off at the first opportunity because they're not quite the finished product yet. I wonder if Norwich are regretting their decision from last year to go into the season with two defensively suspect but very young fullbacks in Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Offer them Lowe and a few million for Watkins, we should have signed him when we had the chance.

We went for Watkins, and were quoted £4m!

We walked away and saw Exeter sell him for £1.75m. 

Our sprogs get massively over hyped.

but personally i would stick Lowe in the first team and see how he does. He was poor last season, and naff in the one game i watched him play for Aberdeen. But in the pre-season games it looks as if the penny is finally dropping. He was caught out v girona when the ball bounced over Birds head and they scored, but other than that he looked ok. At 22 he is the right age to get his chance. Thats a far more realistic age to breakthrough than 18 which we seem to think is realistic.

Last season we signed malone and jozefzoon blocking lowe and thomas' (which is wierd given all the talk about respecting player development pathways). This season we should be promoting evans and lowe. At present malone is better but by the end of the season hopefully lowe will have overtaken him. 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know, he could very well be on his way to Crystal Palace for big money, 4 million doesn't seem to bad then.

I know, but more than double what Brentford paid! 

Why should we pay a premium over another Championship club?

I'd hope those days are over, when we're seen as easy pickings when it comes to Transfer fees.

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I know, but more than double what Brentford paid! 

Why should we pay a premium over another Championship club?

I'd hope those days are over, when we're seen as easy pickings when it comes to Transfer fees.

I believe it was an extra million because it was us and I think quite rightly Mel told them to stick it on principle.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think it's mental that multiple teams in our league think Lowe is good enough, yet many of our fans don't.

TBF Preston and Brentford aren't as good as us as arrogant as that sounds,  bring in 2 more players of quality and we should be top 6 as a minimum.  Not sure what to think about Lowe remember seeing him play vs Wolves last pre season and he looked good , but the few times he played for us last season he was a car crash defensively, very poor positionally and made Malone look solid as hard as that is. He might of improved since, but if Cocu thinks he isn't good enough which is what is suggested by Malone playing over him, then I am willing to trust his view, and would sell him for 3mill + a good sell on fee.

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

TBF Preston and Brentford aren't as good as us as arrogant as that sounds,  bring in 2 more players of quality and we should be top 6 as a minimum.  Not sure what to think about Lowe remember seeing him play vs Wolves last pre season and he looked good , but the few times he played for us last season he was a car crash defensively, very poor positionally and made Malone look solid as hard as that is. He might of improved since, but if Cocu thinks he isn't good enough which is what is suggested by Malone playing over him, then I am willing to trust his view, and would sell him for 3mill + a good sell on fee.

Yeah, it's arrogant.

Archived