Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

With a little coaching and faith in his abilities he may well prove more of a left winger than defender. Look what happened to Bale when Spurs had to move him from fullback to winger. 

To sell him now, unless it’s a substantial offer (which the Brentford offer isn’t) wouldn’t make any sense. He doesn’t owe us anything Regards FFP and he won’t be a high earner either. 

Develop the boy, he has a presence on the ball and there have been many a player move positions early in their careers with massive success. 

Keep him Derby and jog on Brentford

I am totally indifferent as to whether he stays or goes but no matter how much faith he has in his abilities to prove/improve if the manager/coaching staff doesn't have faith in his ability to become an accomplished LB and won't improve with more training then what is the point of him staying. We don't know what Cocu is thinking, whether he has plans to bring a fresh face in, whether he sees someone in the academy who he thinks will have more ability.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

I am totally indifferent as to whether he stays or goes but no matter how much faith he has in his abilities to prove/improve if the manager/coaching staff doesn't have faith in his ability to become an accomplished LB and won't improve with more training then what is the point of him staying. We don't know what Cocu is thinking, whether he has plans to bring a fresh face in, whether he sees someone in the academy who he thinks will have more ability.

Ain’t that the truth, let’s see what happens. 

If we do sell him for such a miserly fee, I believe we will regret it in the not to distant future. 

Lowe always looks good to me. A ball playing full back - athletic and positive. I like him. 

Malone is fine - not sure I agree with all of the negative comments. He’s a decent player too. 

I’d put Malone ahead of Lowe because of experience but give Lowe chances off the bench

I'd be disappointed to lose both Lowe and Bogle this summer. 

Having one prospect in the full back position always softened the blow in my mind for selling one of them. 

If Brentford are getting £7m for Henry then we should asking for a minimum of £4/5m. In the same way that Bournemouth are quoting Leicester £75m for Ake because they know that thy've just sold Maguire for £85m. 

They either pay an inflated fee for him because he's young, English and it is near the end of the transfer window or they don't get him. Surely we can hold out until January/next summer if we need to sell him? 

Tell them to p1ss or get off the pot.

6 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

You’re right that all players make mistakes, but it wasn’t mistakes I’m criticising. A lack of defensive quality hasn’t got anything to do with mistakes, it’s simply because he isn’t very good in that particular area and has to improve . Sometimes players can get away with defensive deficiencies in their game if they are really quick, like Tomori did, but Lowe doesn’t have blistering pace. Lampard and Jody didn’t seem to fancy him either because he was sent on loan after those games, and straight after the second league game v Leeds again and they would have seen him in training every day. The one benefit we can give him is that he used to be a left midfielder so isn’t a natural defender, could this be improved? Time will tell.

You seem to be not taking my point of view into account.I AM NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU IN MOST ASPECTS.I am saying that a bid of£1.5 million is an insult.We supporters are not in a position to judge how much if any he has improved over the time he was on loan.But one thing for sure Brentford dont buy bad players.Having said that they got that price of us forsp Jozetzoon

4 hours ago, HiltonoRama said:

Not a random thought, I think the same. Play Lowe instead of Lawrence. More energy, more effort, better passer and better crosser of the ball. And he could get back to help out Malone who's defending is a bit iffy at the best of times.. 

This is a joke yeah?

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Tierney is probably going to Arsenal tomorrow as they are in talks with Celtic over the deal, that might mean Lowe will be moving to Celtic tomorrow as his replacement. I wouldn't accept any less than 3million + 10% sell on clause.

I thought Tierney had a long-term injury that was going to scupper the deal?

Arsenal still after a late deal for tierney could definitely put Lowe back in celtics radar if they were ever interested. Tierney deal could end being January if they’re not quick mind, although he’ll wanna push the move through- if arsenal can afford it and a centre half which they must be more desperate for.

Archived