Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT 0-0

Rangers by far the better team.

Good halves from Roos, Keogh and Evans. Everyone else basically nonfactors.

We still have a very unbalanced central midfield, something that hasn't really been addressed properly for a few seasons and Rangers are exposing it.

It's good for Cocu to see this as it will hopefully press home the need for a quality battling midfielder who can bring presence and knit the side together allowing our creative players to go about their business. 

Today's lineup would probably be better suited to the Prem, but in the Champ you need that player doing the dirty work in the middle of the park!

I just don’t see with these players how we can be top 6 this season.

We only have a few game changing players and two of those were Wilson and Mount last season. 

Bennett and Zoon were useful impact players but if we’re relying on them to produce week in week out then I’m not expecting much more than about 10th this season.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

We still have a very unbalanced central midfield, something that hasn't really been addressed properly for a few seasons and Rangers are exposing it.

It's good for Cocu to see this as it will hopefully press home the need for a quality battling midfielder who can bring presence and knit the side together allowing our creative players to go about their business. 

Today's lineup would probably be better suited to the Prem, but in the Champ you need that player doing the dirty work in the middle of the park!

That's were Shinnie should hopefully come in, bring him on 2nd half, good to see our keeper and centre backs having good games, think Evans is doing really well at centre back and deserves to start the season at that position.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Prem? We’d be murdered ?

Started reasonably well and was quite a balanced game up to the 20/25 minute mark, just lacking that final pass to create a good goal scoring opportunity. 25 to 40 Rangers controlled it and forced Roos into a couple good saves. You can see what we're trying to do, but it's very much in it's infancy as you'd probably expect

My snap half time verdict is we'll be OK, but we are under cooked. That rangers gave had some competitive games shows.

To much preseason softness that would get punished in a competitive match. I know its a friendly but as soon as rangers decided to play with a bit of bite they became the stronger team.

No reason to panic on any of it looking ahead to the season, but I think we're optimistic mid table side hoping to do something than a top six side.

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

The Girona game seemed to show that Shinnie is much more of a Bryson than a Huddlestone or a Thorne

No, but Huddlestone needs to come off so we don’t have much choice. 

I admire anyone who thinks we are in for a decent season with the squad as it is.

I really hope I am wrong, but the ridiculous amount of time it is taking us to strengthen our squad will cost us massively in my opinion.

And the fact we still find ourselves linked with 30 odd year old Andy King off the back of 3 years of injury hardly fills me with confidence.

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

we Have been poor collectively and individually. Be interesting to see how Cocu and Co change things for the second half. 

They can and will all do better come league games but we just look so much a side in peaseason not a side nearly ready to be playing league matches.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I admire anyone who thinks we are in for a decent season with the squad as it is.

I really hope I am wrong, but the ridiculous amount of time it is taking us to strengthen our squad will cost us massively in my opinion.

And the fact we still find ourselves linked with 30 odd year old Andy King off the back of 3 years of injury hardly fills me with confidence.

This squad is very very poor in my opinion

I blame lampard and chelsea for this, too much time taken has cost us

Archived