Pre Season Friendly v Rangers (A)

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rample said:

What odd substitutions? Surely the 2 players furthest from the starting xi. Can only suppose its a conditioning decision. 

With our winger situation, I would absolutely not suggest either are the furthest from starting. Anya's probably our #2 left winger, and Whittakers probably our #2 right winger.

That might make harrowing reading but it's likely our current reality.

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Not sure Dowell works being played as deep as he is. 

He'll more regularly see the ball in advanced positions with Shinnie in the midfield 3 I reckon. 

We just need support for Huddlestone, cos he's having circles run round him ? 

Dowell is being played deeper, so I'm sure that definitely adversely effects his overall performance; but he's done a lot of overhit/underhit passes, standing on the ball, miscontrolling etc. 

So can't ignore that he has had an off game. But that's to be expected I suppose, like I always say, there's a reason any player is playing in the Championship ? 

Generally been shown to be worse than Rangers in most departments, in my opinion. A good game from Roos, Keogh and Evans (although he just made a mistake) is the only reason we're not losing. Ojo should have just put Rangers in ahead, well saved by Roos.

Everyone else has been poor, based purely on the standards we've seen each of them set for themselves in the past.

And 1-0 Rangers. A corner, obviously.

Archived