Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by Day

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

I hope the club get on with these supposed plans for 'fan parks' and the extension to the concourse. That's where the money is and where the market is shifting. Bring an end to the preferential treatment the in ground tender receives,  as what they offer is poo. I'd like to see more independent businesses given the opportunity to offer their services in and out the stadium. Similar to the Bustler market. 

Local breweries too. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple solution, lockers outside the stadium, turn up before the game and put your "illicit" sweets and flask of tea in a locker, all come out at half time (with the smokers) to access your locker and eat your sweets and have your flask of tea. Also an opportunity for the Club to charge £35 a game for use of the locker. Seems like a win win to me ?

Just now, wyschtonram said:

Simple solution, lockers outside the stadium, turn up before the game and put your "illicit" sweets and flask of tea in a locker, all come out at half time (with the smokers) to access your locker and eat your sweets and have your flask of tea. Also an opportunity for the Club to charge £35 a game for use of the locker. Seems like a win win to me ?

might even encourage some to go home to beat the traffic

I remember smuggling drinks into Wimbledon - only to later read that their policy reads:

Alcohol

Alcohol may be brought into the Grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or Champagne (750ml) or two cans of beer (500ml) or two cans of premixed aperitifs per person. Bottles of spirits or fortified wines will not be allowed into the Grounds.

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/food_and_drink_what_can_i_bring.html

A policy like this would solve some the problems with queuing in the concourse.

1 minute ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Will my matchday packet of wine gums now be be classed as alcoholic ? 

You will be fine with those, just be careful not to eat too many before you enter the ground as you could be turned away for being drunk.

22 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I remember smuggling drinks into Wimbledon - only to later read that their policy reads:

Alcohol

Alcohol may be brought into the Grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or Champagne (750ml) or two cans of beer (500ml) or two cans of premixed aperitifs per person. Bottles of spirits or fortified wines will not be allowed into the Grounds.

But the people at Wimbledon can be trusted to have a drink. Generally the herberts that go football cant be trusted to drink. Not the normal decent fan & the 95% that go, the absolute loon balls.

There is a reason all alcohol is banned in the grounds at champions league games. Presume the bring in a couple of beers policy would also apply to away fans that have been drinking on the coach travelling down

A legal firm wrote the following:

The Sporting Event (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985 made it an offence to enter or try to enter a ground whilst in possession of alcohol.

The provisions also apply to drinks containers [thermos flasks?!] that are capable of causing injury to someone if they are struck with it.

Anyone who is drunk at a football match or whilst trying to enter the ground is also guilty of an offence.

https://www.olliers.com/football-offences/football-alcohol-offences/

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

A legal firm wrote the following:

The Sporting Event (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985 made it an offence to enter or try to enter a ground whilst in possession of alcohol.

The provisions also apply to drinks containers [thermos flasks?!] that are capable of causing injury to someone if they are struck with it.

Anyone who is drunk at a football match or whilst trying to enter the ground is also guilty of an offence.

https://www.olliers.com/football-offences/football-alcohol-offences/

So..., I'm feeling a bit stupid now! 

I imagine that the club are obliged to remind fans of the policy, while they may continue to enforce the policy in the same way that they have been doing so in recent years.

So, I imagine that everyone's thermos flasks, wine guns, rucksacks, water bottles and suppositories will be safe!

58 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Alcohol

It would have to be more than club policy... they'd have to get the law changed first, unless anyone taking it in is gonna neck it down before they take their seats!  

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Why didn't they just say that when they issued the statement in the first place? Would have saved a lot of trouble. 

It wouldn't have distracted us from our lack of signings for a couple of days.

Aaaaaaaaand relax. Never seen so much pointless uproar in my life. It’s as if some people were expecting it to be like going through airport security with full body scanners and turfing out old fellas for a cup of bovril. Ive had people sat near with me eating subway and Burger King, think they were the intended audience for the updated policy. 

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Why didn't they just say that when they issued the statement in the first place? Would have saved a lot of trouble. 

I think because either they seriously considered enforcing the rules and have now back tracked

OR (and I'd like to think this is more likely)

it's another poor communication from the club that got published without any proof reading and sanity checking.

Anyway good to know I will not need to hide my flask in an uncomfortable place ? during winter games 

Archived