Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by Day

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is the club are always looking for ways to generate revenue and currently I understand that Mel Morris subsidises the club. It's players excessive wages that need to be addressed. Then there would be no need for such pettiness. Just a thought....

5 hours ago, europia said:

Problem is the club are always looking for ways to generate revenue and currently I understand that Mel Morris subsidises the club. It's players excessive wages that need to be addressed. Then there would be no need for such pettiness. Just a thought....

Yea we should tell all the players to take a wage cut to appease the drama queens and then see how many decent players want to come here rather than a club that pays the going rate.

I don’t know if it will ever be possible to have a tasty, varied, reasonably priced menu that is served pleasantly and efficiently in a stadium holding 30,000 people so the club are always onto a loser here trying to get the majority of us to partake of their food and drink. 

If I want one, I buy my pre-match drink in the Backyard - it's a decent cup of coffee. When we get the extended stand I may eat pre-match too but I will never spend money on the over-priced rubbish they serve in the concourses. Sorry, but it's awful.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don’t know if it will ever be possible to have a tasty, varied, reasonably priced menu that is served pleasantly and efficiently in a stadium holding 30,000 people so the club are always onto a loser here trying to get the majority of us to partake of their food and drink. 

If I want one, I buy my pre-match drink in the Backyard - it's a decent cup of coffee. When we get the extended stand I may eat pre-match too but I will never spend money on the over-priced rubbish they serve in the concourses. Sorry, but it's awful.

If you have one vendor that is. 

Its standard for any sporting event that provides food and drink not to allow people to bring their own in. If you don't like the prices have a drink or food before or after you go. I don’t see what the problem is?

In a connected subject, I am willing to pay for a quality product so it would be good for DCFC to improve its food which I don't think is that good, although I do like the Back Yard.

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Its standard for any sporting event that provides food and drink not to allow people to bring their own in. If you don't like the prices have a drink or food before or after you go. I don’t see what the problem is?

In a connected subject, I am willing to pay for a quality product so it would be good for DCFC to improve its food which I don't think is that good, although I do like the Back Yard.

Quite, I guess most people don't take much interest at what goes on at other clubs but Derby are VERY lenient on this front...

Regarding your second point, I think this ties in with Mel's plans to use the stadium more often - If you're only using it 20 odd times a year, it's simply not practical to create the infrastructure and facilities to allow for 'quality'. That said I do think many peoples idea of quality is more personal taste - Stick a Macdonalds or BK in there and it'll be rammed but quality it aint.....

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

I like the Back Yard in a match day but you have to get there really early or you queue and more times than not you don’t get in. I find it hard to get to games really early due to other commitments 

Yes; we try to get down there by 1.30 and still have to ask to share a table if we want to sit. There's a whole etiquette in there with some determined not to share, reserving for imaginary friends who never turn up! 

But we know who the sharers and chatters are so we do alright. 

Matchday politics! 

Not read much of this but it all seems very petty.

theres a family on the row behind me who bring in a bag full of sandwiches. 

I assume they travel miles because they never make midweek games despite having 5 top price west stand season tickets

seems like the club gain far more than they lose from them.

They obviously chose not to buy the limited selection of over prized rubbish available on the concourse, and thats totally understandable. Folk might want something fresher, tastier than junk food and industrially produced pies. The pies are full of red hot liquid crap. Most of the food is no good for anyonewho has a gluton intolerance or is vegetarian. What are the alternatives crisps and sweets?

Furthoremore there is barely anywhere to put your drink down. Mel....Ever tried trying to hold a pint whilst simultaneously breaking to break up pastry with a self-destructing plastic fork in one hand, and a red hot pie in the other, and a programme tucked under your arm. Try it!

The concourse catering is shhhht.

Fans rule! 

I have to be honest - This seems like a lot of bother over nothing much - But then I rarely take anything into the ground and usually buy a coffee or Bovril once I'm in

Are people really taking in a pack lunch for the game? Kick off is generally 3pm - Who needs a meal then? Have your dinner before you come and have your tea when you get home - I'm sure the club won't object if you want to take a mini-pork pie as a mid-afternoon snack (with your Bovril - Ooooo that sounds nice actually)

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not read much of this but it all seems very petty.

theres a family on the row behind me who bring in a bag full of sandwiches. 

I assume they travel miles because they never make midweek games despite having 5 top price west stand season tickets

seems like the club gain far more than they lose from them.

They obviously chose not to buy the limited selection of over prized rubbish available on the concourse, and thats totally understandable. Folk might want something fresher, tastier than junk food and industrially produced pies. The pies are full of red hot liquid crap. Most of the food is no good for anyonewho has a gluton intolerance or is vegetarian. What are the alternatives crisps and sweets?

Furthoremore there is barely anywhere to put your drink down. Mel....Ever tried trying to hold a pint whilst simultaneously breaking to break up pastry with a self-destructing plastic fork in one hand, and a red hot pie in the other, and a programme tucked under your arm. Try it!

The concourse catering is shhhht.

Fans rule! 

To be fair, most concourses around the country are poor, overpriced and sell appalling beers and food, and dreadful coffee and tea. Leeds and Forest away ends spring to mind as possibly the worst, although for anyone that has not been to Luton, you will sample one of the worst if you go there this season. For clubs to try and prevent people bringing their own food in when the alternative provided is quite frankly laughable is even more laughable.

16 hours ago, ossieram said:

Yea we should tell all the players to take a wage cut to appease the drama queens and then see how many decent players want to come here rather than a club that pays the going rate.

No I wasn't suggesting that smart ar5e. My point that generally, the major financial outgoing in top flight football is excessive players wages. 

Option 1. Wait in the single queue under the West Stand to get to the single till point to then get ripped off for a bottle of water in temperatures of 30 degrees plus.

Option 2. Walk to a local outlet, pay outlet prices for bottles of water and still get back before the queue reached the till.

Option 3. or... the club takes a 'fans are the 12th man' approach and sorts out customer service and treats fans with some respect. Allow fans to make an informed choice about what they spend their money on or not once inside the stadium.... Which, given that my 3 tickets for tonight set me back £55 plus travel plus parking, seems entirely reasonable....  and don't 'kin patronise us with any of the '12th man' bllks later in the season; we very clearly are not.

Bit disappointed to see very little update on this matter after last night’s game.

Was nobody frisked for the first time. Did no one chain themselves to the turnstiles? Was there a dirty protest in the Ladies toilets?

Probably not. Close the thread.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Bit disappointed to see very little update on this matter after last night’s game.

Was nobody frisked for the first time. Did no one chain themselves to the turnstiles? Was there a dirty protest in the Ladies toilets?

Probably not. Close the thread.

@Van Cone De Head was offering out his wine gums but strangely didn't have any himself. They had a peculiar taste to them if truth be told.

On 25 July 2019 at 22:44, DCFC Ram said:

Option 1. Wait in the single queue under the West Stand to get to the single till point to then get ripped off for a bottle of water in temperatures of 30 degrees plus.

Option 2. Walk to a local outlet, pay outlet prices for bottles of water and still get back before the queue reached the till.

Option 3. or... the club takes a 'fans are the 12th man' approach and sorts out customer service and treats fans with some respect. Allow fans to make an informed choice about what they spend their money on or not once inside the stadium.... Which, given that my 3 tickets for tonight set me back £55 plus travel plus parking, seems entirely reasonable....  and don't 'kin patronise us with any of the '12th man' bllks later in the season; we very clearly are not.

Option 4. Sup from a tap in the bogs?

Archived