Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by Day

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Dare I mention your name in a quote again @David to ask if the doctor has upped your medication?

Dare? Come on now, take it down a notch or two, not spoiling for an argument with you. 

No medication yet, waiting on appointment which I was told would be in the next 2 weeks. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Dare? Come on now, take it down a notch or two, not spoiling for an argument with you. 

No medication yet, waiting on appointment which I was told would be in the next 2 weeks. 

Take it down a notch or two, making a joke about mentioning you? C'mon.

I of course did not mean to upset you if you have health issues, that was also meant as a joke. I have no hesitation in offering my apology for that comment. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

every event I attend has some sort of restriction, playoffs you could only bring stuff if it fitted into a small envelope. 

Club probably made a mistake in bringing mass attention to the existing rule.  Take stuff with you you face the risk it will be confiscated; unlikely but possible.  Far greater problems to get worried about; I can't sleep for concern that we are unable to block the opposition from making crosses into our box but that's me.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

To restate a policy that some are ignoring would suggest that it is going to be enforced?

Not necessarily - it may just be that the company with the catering contract have made a complaint to the club about the amount of people contravening the policy and therefore the club have made a formal restatement of the policy for the sake of expediency. We simply don't know. Nor will we find out.

It's a bit unfair on @David to expect him to say anything other than what he's said, knowing that he/the forum have a good relationship with the club. Even if Mel gave him a massive wink* as he said it, he wouldn't be able to repeat that in public would he

I don't think there is much else to say about it until the season starts and we see whether the stewarding changes dramatically in regard to the policy

*YES I SAID WINK - IT WAS NOT A TYPO

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Take it down a notch or two, making a joke about mentioning you? C'mon.

I of course did not mean to upset you if you have health issues, that was also meant as a joke. I have no hesitation in offering my apology for that comment. 

I meant daring to mention me, I have no issues with talking with you, at all. 

22 minutes ago, David said:

If they've finally found the cure for baldness could you pm me please.

It's going to be a bugger burning my head in the sun at PP now they've banned me from taking sun tan lotion in.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they've finally found the cure for baldness could you pm me please.

It's going to be a bugger burning my head in the sun at PP now they've banned me from taking sun tan lotion in.

Never going to be a cure, we're doomed, doomed I tell ya! 

Even Rooney's horse wig thingy is dropping out now isn't it?

17 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

...Let's see what happens first though, shall we?  

21 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

...I don't think there is much else to say about it until the season starts and we see whether the stewarding changes dramatically in regard to the policy

10 pages between those two posts.  We don't seem to have achieved much, do we!  

old timey baseball conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

We had to get a medical certificate for Wembley for Joel.

Got back to me straight away,said security would be aware and a supervisor would come and see us when we get  to the stadium with medication.

When we got to the security they didn’t know what I was talking about.

I showed a man bag full of pills and they just waved me through and told me not to worry about it?

26 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Is it a haemorrhoid or a port wine gum? Who can be sure anymore?

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

the taste is a give away apparently but it is too late by then

Also, one takes a lot of chewing, with an almost rubber-like texture...  

Oh sod it... To hell with the punchline... you all knew what was coming anyway!  

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I was thinking of putting some cling film round them but it might have been funny to watch the lads faces.

Got any red ones Dad?

Sorry they all seem to be brown?

“I don’t recall wine gums having a liquid filling”

14 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Well, the announcement stated that the policy has been updated so in what way has it  been updated?

Sorry for the delay in answering this, was just waiting on confirmation.

The bag policy is new; and has been brought in to align the bag policy with the majority of other sports and entertainment entities.

Most fans will have experienced something similar when we made the trip to Wembley; although their policy is much stricter than ours (A4 sized bag).

1 hour ago, David said:

Does that mean you could take a few bottles of water in for the laaaaads....just a thought...no offense...

Archived