Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah, I misunderstood the message @David added. So that is the Club's reply? The standard line? Not much reaching out there, at least on the Clubs side or is David still waiting for a reply?

Feel free to contact the club yourself Roy if you are not happy with the information I have been given. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The catering contract must’ve been renewed and this is just part of the deal that tells the company that the club will help them to maximise sales.

its the same as the no standing policy, it won’t get applied unless you walk in with a picnic basket. 

Hmmm... No standing allowed... picnic basket... I wonder if this would fit on the stairs...

5F8D24C6B666C62725C476A68EBEBCF4BBCF8C14

Because I always have a rucksack, for reasons stated earlier, they always search my bag - somewhat peremptorily I have to say. Because I knew about no bottles, I hide my water at the bottom. I openly admit to having food for my long journey home and, so far, no one has ever said anything. I hope this doesn’t change!

Mind you, I do look like an ageing female hooligan, so I may be in trouble! ?

If a football match lasted 5 hours, I could understand the outrage this seems to have generated.

The only thing I would change if I was the club is I'd allow water bottles but nothing else. @reverendo de duivel said on the first page there should actually be Water Fountains which I agree 100% with. In fact, it should be extended beyond football as I believe they should be available all over the place.... perhaps our incoming PM will agree? ?

7 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

If a football match lasted 5 hours, I could understand the outrage this seems to have generated.

The only thing I would change if I was the club is I'd allow water bottles but nothing else. @reverendo de duivel said on the first page there should actually be Water Fountains which I agree 100% with. In fact, it should be extended beyond football as I believe they should be available all over the place.... perhaps our incoming PM will agree? ?

Possible appearance at Ibrox this weekend?

boriswater.png

1 hour ago, David said:

Feel free to contact the club yourself Roy if you are not happy with the information I have been given. 

I don't have the same 'communications conduit' you do. I've signed the Change.org petition and expressed my opinion on a DCFC fans forum. I think there isn't much more I can do, unless you give us Mels email?

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So my beloved Derby County are selfish is that what you are saying 

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What an overreaction 

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

image.png.998d6582a46896bb79e9b1cae15a887d.png

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't have the same 'communications conduit' you do. I've signed the Change.org petition and expressed my opinion on a DCFC fans forum. I think there isn't much more I can do, unless you give us Mels email?

The clubs contact details are publicly available at the bottom of their website for all fans, not just myself, I have not spoken to Mel directly on this. I have done what any one of you could have done before creating petitions and assaulting my keyboard.

I was asked to contact the club both on the forum and by PM and can only feed back what I have been told which doesn't appear to be good enough for you, for that I'm sorry.

What kind of answers you are expecting I'm not sure, but if you wish to ask the club which policies they will and won't be enforcing this season go for it, that's not a question I would be asking.

At the end of the day the no food and beverage policy you're getting upset and signing petitions over isn't new, it's been in place for a number of seasons now yet you have still been attending right?

It's a sunny day Roy, this really isn't something to be losing BBQ time over, get the sausages out and factor 30 on because in a few days it will be all over.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

What the club really needs to do is move away from the corporate style, mechanical, flavourless catering that brings no joy or colour to the experience.

When you think of the different communities within Derby and what a melting pot it is, the club could certainly be more forward thinking. 

The food on offer at the ground could take on a different theme each game. You could showcase a different local restaurant or chef each week, and different types of cuisine with pop up stalls in or outside the ground. 

Imagine if you had @froggg and @richinspain firing up some pre match paella in the West Stand car park. What a scene it would be.

I'm on it!

547B9C11-8B3C-4488-AEBB-8236A9BC4FD1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, David said:

The clubs contact details are publicly available at the bottom of their website for all fans, not just myself, I have not spoken to Mel directly on this. I have done what any one of you could have done before creating petitions and assaulting my keyboard.

I was asked to contact the club both on the forum and by PM and can only feed back what I have been told which doesn't appear to be good enough for you, for that I'm sorry.

What kind of answers you are expecting I'm not sure, but if you wish to ask the club which policies they will and won't be enforcing this season go for it, that's not a question I would be asking.

Not just me thank you @David. I asked for clarification over your pinned message, that doesn't mean you need to single me out.

The answer they gave does not explain their position on the 'no food and drink other than what is obtained in the ground', it just states their policy. I can only assume that the club will enforce ALL of their policies else why state them?! Therefore I do not need to ask the question which. 

Archived