Updated Bag Policies

ThePrisoner
Message added by David

Stephen Pearce on the updated Bag Policy.

"We are aware of the fans' feelings in relation to the club reiterating about outside refreshments etc, and so it is important to clarify the matter,

Clearly, it is not about kids bringing a packet of sweets or a soft drink to the game, or any elderly supporters who have been coming to games for years and years bringing a hot flask.

We are not going to turn people away at the turnstiles. We are are going to be reasonable and understanding about this.

However, this is more about individuals attending matches with large quantities of food, fast food, equivalent to people bringing picnics.

We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

That's true but more efficient staff would at least help a little - as for vending machines, great idea, I can remember going to Holland in about 1970 and being impressed by vending machines in the streets dispensing hot dogs and other similar things - surely almost 50 years on it's not beyond our capabilities! something has to be done to improve the half time experience for those that want to venture down into the concourse!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Blimey. Might open a stall outside the ground offering winegum suppositories. Do a roaring trade I reckon.

I'm thinking a left luggage type set up may be profitable.  I could rent Greggs off 'em for a few hours, seeing as they're not allowed to open whilst a game is on!  :-)

11 minutes ago, old ilkestonian said:

That's true but more efficient staff would at least help a little - as for vending machines, great idea, I can remember going to Holland in about 1970 and being impressed by vending machines in the streets dispensing hot dogs and other similar things - surely almost 50 years on it's not beyond our capabilities! something has to be done to improve the half time experience for those that want to venture down into the concourse!

Outside could be an option, not sure about other stands but they open the doors in the South at half time where you can go out, line a few up along the back fence, 2 birds 1 stone and all that. 

If you assign 2 minutes per fan for one employee, you're only looking at 7 fans with a minute left spare. Just not enough time.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Outside could be an option, not sure about other stands but they open the doors in the South at half time where you can go out, line a few up along the back fence, 2 birds 1 stone and all that. 

If you assign 2 minutes per fan for one employee, you're only looking at 7 fans with a minute left spare. Just not enough time.

I totally agree and another good idea but while we've got the existing system then we should at least expect the staff to give a damn and try and serve those waiting in a timely manner - from what I've seen and heard then many of them need a rocket up their bottoms - and on top of that, I wonder how much money dcfc are missing out on because of this slow and inefficient service. 

12 minutes ago, old ilkestonian said:

I totally agree and another good idea but while we've got the existing system then we should at least expect the staff to give a damn and try and serve those waiting in a timely manner - from what I've seen and heard then many of them need a rocket up their bottoms 

TBF most of them are young kids - and on minimum wage. Not exactly a job with prospects either is it? I feel sorry for them

To get staff to try and give damn, you need to attract better staff, and that involves paying better wages - for a company that probably has pretty slim margins hawking sub-standard beer and "food" at a captive audience - why would they bother? Capitalism is great isn't it? 

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

TBF most of them are young kids - and on minimum wage. Not exactly a job with prospects either is it? I feel sorry for them

To get staff to try and give damn, you need to attract better staff, and that involves paying better wages - for a company that probably has pretty slim margins hawking sub-standard beer and "food" at a captive audience - why would they bother? Capitalism is great isn't it? 

fair point

Isnt this a bit of a storm in a tea cup? Cricket has been doing it for years must be 20 years ago a group of us went to Trent Bridge all bags and cool boxes were searched for booze.A mate of mine stood outside and drank 8 cans in minutes rather than get then  taken off him lol

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

Isnt this a bit of a storm in a tea cup? Cricket has been doing it for years must be 20 years ago a group of us went to Trent Bridge all bags and cool boxes were searched for booze.A mate of mine stood outside and drank 8 cans in minutes rather than get then  taken off him lol

I bet he didn’t remember the game ?

4 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

They only take the booze off you at cricket - not water, squash or other snacks.

@Boycie - no!

Certainly an interesting one this, I can see given the rule has been highlighted that this being enforced more this season, but I’m not going to worry to much until it happens as I’m only guessing.

My concerns would be that the queues at the turnstiles increases due to people arguing about what they can and can’t take in, but more importantly it’s more difficult to get served in the concourse. To get a beer at HT you already have to go down at least 5-10 minutes early, otherwise you don’t get served until second half has commenced, therefore I’ll end up missing more of the match that I see the way this is going.

Hope they still turn a blind eye to soft drinks and sweets, they haven’t got the infrastructure to deal with the current demand let alone creating more.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Certainly an interesting one this, I can see given the rule has been highlighted that this being enforced more this season, but I’m not going to worry to much until it happens as I’m only guessing.

My concerns would be that the queues at the turnstiles increases due to people arguing about what they can and can’t take in, but more importantly it’s more difficult to get served in the concourse. To get a beer at HT you already have to go down at least 5-10 minutes early, otherwise you don’t get served until second half has commenced, therefore I’ll end up missing more of the match that I see the way this is going.

Hope they still turn a blind eye to soft drinks and sweets, they haven’t got the infrastructure to deal with the current demand let alone creating more.

I may be wrong but, this is my take on the situation as I see it.

The bag policy may be new and therefore enforced but I doubt it will affect many and therefore not cause any delays. 

The refreshments policy isn't new. So either they're now going to start enforcing it (which I doubt) or, they feel obliged (to keep the catering company happy) to remind us all every now and then. I believe they have no intention of being more vigilant than they've always been but can't exactly publish the fact. So, provided you're not trying to smuggle in a hamper and picnic blanket or alcohol in there's probably nothing to worry about.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rams-react-controversy-over-matchday-3130367

"We are not going to start confiscating items that have traditionally been brought in over the years. We will continue to operate as normal but we will be more vigilant towards people bringing large quantities of food and drink into games."

Archived