Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

32 minutes ago, R@M said:

Would FFP count this as 'acceptable business losses' if he loses, and income if he wins? 

Sort of a win-win situation. Obviously apart from Mel's money. 

Probably not but it would be tax free earnings.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Have either played above League 1 yet? I trust in Phil...but I'm keeping my beans chilled for a bit.

Exactly - and I do hope that if we sign them they do fantastic but if this was Nigel clough buying players who just played in league one last season he would be getting slaughtered 

50 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Have either played above League 1 yet? I trust in Phil...but I'm keeping my beans chilled for a bit.

OK, I can understand the desire to not count your chickens yet, but these both come with great reps and, with a a full day of hosting my daughters' play-dates tomorrow, plus a week away with the mother-in-law next week, I need something to be excited about.....please 

19 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

OK, I can understand the desire to not count your chickens yet, but these both come with great reps and, with a a full day of hosting my daughters' play-dates tomorrow, plus a week away with the mother-in-law next week, I need something to be excited about.....please 

Permission granted. You deserve a triple announcement just as the post-Haribo shenanigans kick off.

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Exactly - and I do hope that if we sign them they do fantastic but if this was Nigel clough buying players who just played in league one last season he would be getting slaughtered 

I mean, I don't think Nigel Clough got slaughtered ever for signing players from league 1 - Any signings we made were greatfully received cos we all knew we had no money

Last year we signed 2 players from League 1 - And they went okay

51 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

we are NOT gonna get HW , 10 mil on 1 player, can you really see us forking out another 20 on one player, nice thought but wont happen

I agree we aint going to do that, we might pay more than the going rate for a loan thou??  ?

Or........... we have signed 4 players. Shinnie, Bielik and Clarke are all defensive so we’re never going to have 7. Dowell is an attacking player and numbers 7 & 8 were available and he chose 8. All of a sudden 7 is free. Had he chose 7 would we all be thinking that Mount, Hendrick or Sturbridge are returning? 

44 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Or........... we have signed 4 players. Shinnie, Bielik and Clarke are all defensive so we’re never going to have 7. Dowell is an attacking player and numbers 7 & 8 were available and he chose 8. All of a sudden 7 is free. Had he chose 7 would we all be thinking that Mount, Hendrick or Sturbridge are returning? 

Is that Dean Sturbridge?

On 01/08/2019 at 19:17, Sparkle said:

But it's not Cloughie Jnr signing them, it's Cocu. Now, I quite liked Nigel, but I'm more inclined to trust Cocu's judgment on young players than Nige's. So if we can't get over-excited, at least let us be a bit optomistic. 

2 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

But it's not Cloughie Jnr signing them, it's Cocu. Now, I quite liked Nigel, but I'm more inclined to trust Cocu's judgment on young players than Nige's. So if we can't get over-excited, at least let us be a bit optomistic. 

I'd trust Nigel Clough to work with a shoestring and pluck L1 player bargains. I wouldn't trust him to pay Sammon esque fees for Sammon esque players.

Archived