Harry Wilson - Joined Bournemouth

Chris Mills

57 minutes ago, David said:

I'm going to need a better reason than your mate the Newcastle fan before I move on, like a signature on a contract or something

@MackworthRamIsGod knows somebody who supports every club and somebody who knows 99% of all players from any league in the world. 

My mate said he’s a very nice guy though. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

I'm going to need a better reason than your mate the Newcastle fan before I move on, like a signature on a contract or something

Just save yourself the disapointment, it worked wonders for me with Lampard, I really wanted him to stay but was resigned very early on he would leave, so I was neither suprised nor upset when it did.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just save yourself the disapointment, it worked wonders for me with Lampard, I really wanted him to stay but was resigned very early on he would leave, so I was neither suprised nor upset when it did.

I know both will be difficult to get, not like I have pinned any hope on them returning, just think it would be great and you never know. 

Keep seeing people say they are now proven at this level, no need to come back, but sitting on a bench in the Premier League or another full season in the Championship, I know which would be better for their career development.

They need game time and whilst no club can guarantee it, I think you can look at a club and see what their chances are.

Bundesliga is another option thrown out there, but not every young player will want to move over to Germany, could be out their comfort zone being away from family, friends, partners and not knowing the language. 

End of the day it's also what Cocu wants, stating the obvious like, but sitting here wanting Tomori and Wilson back when he might have no interest at all.

1 minute ago, David said:

I know both will be difficult to get, not like I have pinned any hope on them returning, just think it would be great and you never know. 

Keep seeing people say they are now proven at this level, no need to come back, but sitting on a bench in the Premier League or another full season in the Championship, I know which would be better for their career development.

They need game time and whilst no club can guarantee it, I think you can look at a club and see what their chances are.

Bundesliga is another option thrown out there, but not every young player will want to move over to Germany, could be out their comfort zone being away from family, friends, partners and not knowing the language. 

End of the day it's also what Cocu wants, stating the obvious like, but sitting here wanting Tomori and Wilson back when he might have no interest at all.

Couldn't agree more, Tomori could go to a Burnley (for example) and become a bit part player, a bit like Wisdom when he went from being a regular for us to a nothing player at West Brom and Norwich.

I would imagine both Tomori and Wilson enjoy hearing their names being sung by thousands of Derby fans, I think we are a sensible move for both players.

I just don't allow myself to get too excited (poor wife).

1 minute ago, ShepherdOfTheRams said:

Sky saying Newcastle and Villa want Harry but Liverpool are not willing to loan him out anymore after his good pre season so far and will decide what to do with him after the us tour

Reading between the lines, Liverpool are willing to let him go but if Villa and Newcastle are both interested may as well get one of them to pay millions rather than loan him again.

No surprise you see interest from Newcastle and Aston villa, you’d expect his next move to be a lower prem one after his success with us in the championship. Villa would probably be riskier for his development though, with the sheer number of players they currently have- would expect Newcastle to win that particular battle. Wouldn’t expect us to have any hope competing against either of those if they’ve opened initial talks. Would be surprised to see him allowed out permanently mind, not convinced he’ll make it at liverpool but he’s surely worth holding onto another year with a loan out. Unless I guess Wilson wants the move for first team football which you couldn’t begrudge him. He’s gotta be allowed out on loan though, he’s a couple of years off their team imho. 

Must say his general play would make the 15-20m fee a risk, but he’s young and with serious technical ability so it’s prpbably worth a shot by someone. Interesting to see what comes of this.

If the price quoted of £20 million is accurate it is a significant amount of cash plus contract for a player who hasn't played top flight football. At the age of 22 he hasn't broken through with Liverpool and Villa and Newcastle need players who can keep them up. I yhink a permanent transfer is  a gamble at that price for both clubs.

I don't think there's any chance of him going to a championship club on loan this season. Last season he proved that he could play in the championship. The next natural progression in his career is to play for a bottom half premiership team to see if he has the attributes to command a regular starting position in the Premier league

Archived