Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So simple, so clever. 
 suspect I will be using that phrase quite a lot over the next few days!  

I'll be honest, it's not my own work but I thought the same and I reckon the word needs spreading. Should be officially renamed if we do the the business on Monday. COYR. 

9 hours ago, JfR said:

Villa's got the Drake curse

For those not in the know, "the Drake curse" is that any sports team or athlete that the rapper Drake publicly backs seems to invariably lose afterwards, even if the odds seem stacked in their favour, so for those of you of a superstitious nature, this is very, very good news

Thought the 'Drake Curse; would be having to listen to his music on an endless loop. That or the poor bar steward having to put up with that Nikki Minaj twit.

“discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment is strictly forbiddden”

hummm now I understand clamping down on racist abuse .. but chanting ? harassing the opposing fans ? Doesn’t this happen every week at every football game that ever there was ? 

1 hour ago, jono said:

“discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment is strictly forbiddden”

hummm now I understand clamping down on racist abuse .. but chanting ? harassing the opposing fans ? Doesn’t this happen every week at every football game that ever there was ? 

I think this just phrased in a slightly ambiguous manner. It should read, 'abuse, chanting or harassment of a discriminatory nature is forbidden.' Clearly chanting would not be, otherwise, we would be wholly unable to let Leeds fans know what a massive collective of Bamfords they are.

The obvious magnitude of the next 90 minutes of football have only really hit me properly today. A week of nights working with red dogs, I’ve been dumbing it down really saying , well I didn’t expect to beat Leeds so it’s a bonus etc. Villa are are great team etc.

Stayed off the beer running up to Wembley so the first would taste so much sweeter.

But then tonight my girlfriend said ..”do you want me to put some beer in the fridge?”

NO! I said..........ok maybe a couple.

7 cans later, we can do this, we only have to beat 1 team and we’ve done it. A good team that we were scared of before, not now. After Leeds they will fear us .

COYR

Nerves are starting to kick in now.

You just know we’ll either get battered 4-0 or Keogh will head home in injury time. One of the two IMO.

Grealish and Abraham are the key for them, keep em quiet and we will have a chance 

The closer we get, the less nervous I get, and the more I realise this is a bonus.  A free hit.  An opportunity that none of us had any realistic right to expect or even hope for.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually believe I'm going to enjoy this.  I actually believe I'm going to go through the whole experience with a smile on my face, no nerves, no pressure.

It's a weird feeling, that's for sure!  

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The closer we get, the less nervous I get, and the more I realise this is a bonus.  A free hit.  An opportunity that none of us had any realistic right to expect or even hope for.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually believe I'm going to enjoy this.  I actually believe I'm going to go through the whole experience with a smile on my face, no nerves, no pressure.

Same here. It’s cup football. I never expected to get here but you don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Villa massive favourites with bookies, sky can’t help but ask Lampard stupid questions, Gibson trying to sue us, everyone is going against us so let’s use it in our favour!

will be an incredibly tough match was at both games vs Villa and they battered us so hopefully 3rd time lucky 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I agree, same here but I just know as soon as we kick off the nerves will start. I have to cross my ankles together during matches as I have the annoying habit of laying the ball off or passing as soon as we are in possession. This hasn’t always gone down well with those sitting next to me 

1 hour ago, Antonedcfc said:

Are we in the same end we was against Qpr ?

40 minutes ago, Saity said:

No

I'm quite pleased we are in different end, will be the second time I've been to the New Wembley, give us a different outlook on a fantastic Stadium. 

Archived