Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Tom Lawrence has to start and be played through the middle. Seems written in the stars that he terrorises Mings and co to me as his recent form has been top drawer. Likewise Mason Bennett. Both seem to have come of age in recent weeks and we need to carry that momentum forward IMO.

Some tough decisions for Frank maybe, but the best of problems to have for a manager. After a long old season, we've so many players hitting their straps right now and that can only be a good thing.

COYR

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I know I seem to ask a lot of technology type questions but...SkyGo works in France right?

The only thing worse than not being there would be the thought that I couldn’t watch it either!

Apparently it has only recently become available to watch SkyGo abroad. Don't hold me to it though.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I know I seem to ask a lot of technology type questions but...SkyGo works in France right?

The only thing worse than not being there would be the thought that I couldn’t watch it either!

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/streaming-sky-content-in-the-eu

You can watch entertainment throughout the EU using any of the following apps on your laptop, mobile or tablet:

Sky Go

Sky Q

Sky Sports

Sky Sports Mobile TV

Sky Kids

Sky Cinema

1 hour ago, Smyth_18 said:

Apparently it has only recently become available to watch SkyGo abroad. Don't hold me to it though.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/streaming-sky-content-in-the-eu

You can watch entertainment throughout the EU using any of the following apps on your laptop, mobile or tablet:

Sky Go

Sky Q

Sky Sports

Sky Sports Mobile TV

Sky Kids

Sky Cinema

Thanks guys, from what I read it looks like it might be a bit temperamental or at least it’s in a teething stage. Sure it’ll be fine, kinda hoping someone might have tried it recently and known if there was any problems. Sure it’ll be fine and I can find alternative arrangements if necessary 

55 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Thanks guys, from what I read it looks like it might be a bit temperamental or at least it’s in a teething stage. Sure it’ll be fine, kinda hoping someone might have tried it recently and known if there was any problems. Sure it’ll be fine and I can find alternative arrangements if necessary 

Thinking about it, when I was away in Greece back in October we watched the Sheff Utd and WBA games on the sky go app, no issues other than being 2 mins behind. Just remember to take any notifications off. 

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Think Tom Lawrence has to start and be played through the middle. Seems written in the stars that he terrorises Mings and co to me as his recent form has been top drawer. Likewise Mason Bennett. Both seem to have come of age in recent weeks and we need to carry that momentum forward IMO.

Some tough decisions for Frank maybe, but the best of problems to have for a manager. After a long old season, we've so many players hitting their straps right now and that can only be a good thing.

COYR

I think it's probably the trickiest team selection Frank's will have had all season, not just because of the game but because there is a fair few players who really can make an argument for starting. 

In my view there is 7-8 players nailed on; Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole, Johnson, Mount, Wilson (I'd say he isn't as nailed on as the rest but is more than likely to start on the wing or in midfield). After that you have realistically Mariott, Bennett, Lawrence, Waghorn and Holmes all competing for three places. 

I think the "easiest" choice is to go with Lawrence, Mariott and Bennett after the Leeds game. However before their injury troubles Waghorn and Holmes were both had a massive influence on getting us into the playoffs in the end of season run.

If it was up to me I think I'd go Holmes (midfield), Waghorn, Lawrence because I think that gives the best balance to a 433 (opting for the system that we've had the most practice with) but I'm by no means sure about it.

55 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think it's probably the trickiest team selection Frank's will have had all season, not just because of the game but because there is a fair few players who really can make an argument for starting. 

In my view there is 7-8 players nailed on; Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole, Johnson, Mount, Wilson (I'd say he isn't as nailed on as the rest but is more than likely to start on the wing or in midfield). After that you have realistically Mariott, Bennett, Lawrence, Waghorn and Holmes all competing for three places. 

I think the "easiest" choice is to go with Lawrence, Mariott and Bennett after the Leeds game. However before their injury troubles Waghorn and Holmes were both had a massive influence on getting us into the playoffs in the end of season run.

If it was up to me I think I'd go Holmes (midfield), Waghorn, Lawrence because I think that gives the best balance to a 433 (opting for the system that we've had the most practice with) but I'm by no means sure about it.

I can't see Lawrence not starting. Marriott will most likely start due to his performance against Leeds. It's down to Waghorn or Bennett which will give us the flexibility of switching between 442 (diamond) and 433. Whichever of the two starts is unlikely to finish - I'd back Waghorn in a shootout so reckon Bennett will get the nod.

Archived