Derby County v Aston Villa Play Off Final, Wembley May 27 2019

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set off from Porto at 4am this morning for a 6:40am flight.

After a long day of travelling, I am back at home in my mum’s living room with my tickets (safely) above the fireplace, debating the best Tube route to take - Metropolitan or Jubilee line.

Amazingly she has an opinion on this, but no thoughts on Waghorn or Marriott to start tomorrow.

Come on You Rams!

Just posted in where are we drinking tomorrow thread by mistake. Shortened version now. Good luck tomorrow . Despite 83 I’ve always found your fans to be a good grounded bunch. Unlike the arrogant Villa fans who seem to think that are the biggest club in the country. Hope you smash them. .are you doing a wall of White like what we did? Think that would pee them right off. 

44 minutes ago, ossieram said:

In London drinking with the fans.

Bryson and Nugent.jpg

Oh that is beautiful. That is sport. These two men might never play for Derby again but they are Rams, they are with us.

Bryson, legend, hat trick against Forest, Nuge, mr 100%, probably last pay cheque club and gets a hat trick, against Fulham, what was it ? His second game. ? His smile and joy  came from the heart. I love players like this, they spit on the “industry” and show what sport and the game really is. 

22 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Set off from Porto at 4am this morning for a 6:40am flight.

After a long day of travelling, I am back at home in my mum’s living room with my tickets (safely) above the fireplace, debating the best Tube route to take - Metropolitan or Jubilee line.

Amazingly she has an opinion on this, but no thoughts on Waghorn or Marriott to start tomorrow.

Come on You Rams!

Jourdan, what a guy!

I was on a Cruise last week, Oslo, Hamburg and Bruges. Got back yesterday. Good planning.

Rampage, what a Cruiser! ??️?

36 minutes ago, FulhamFC said:

Just posted in where are we drinking tomorrow thread by mistake. Shortened version now. Good luck tomorrow . Despite 83 I’ve always found your fans to be a good grounded bunch. Unlike the arrogant Villa fans who seem to think that are the biggest club in the country. Hope you smash them. .are you doing a wall of White like what we did? Think that would pee them right off. 

As long as we don’t have clappers. Don’t think I’ve ever been as pissed off as I was watching us surrender our first-leg lead at your place last season whilst your fans were clapping away?

@ossieram‘s photo has got me all soppy, there’s a tear in my eye, old cynic that I am (not)

oh if only we can do it tomorrow. What a day it would be. 

I want to waffle on in churchillian terms about the forthcoming battle and the fertile uplands that await the victors but it’s not going to happen ( the speech I mean ) ... let’s just win this and sing from the roof tops ?

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Bloody hell... no one wants to go to bed or get any sleep,

I blame @David?

Had to get on the beer as I’m so hyped, it’s 23.00 and I’m wide awake . Alarm going off at 0500.

what do you do stay sober and don’t sleep or get on the beer and wake up mortaled?

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In a hotel bar near Wembley and amongst many doing the bounce are Craig Ramage, Phil Gee & Clinton Morrison.

Surreal.

While Phil Gee has had a few could you get him to quote to redecorate my front room ......only joking Phil you’re  a legend ??

Archived