Penalty or Not?

Day

Penalty  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Did the linesman flag for a free kick?  I know they are all in radio communication with each other, but surely the linesman has a responsibility to the  crowd to make it clear that he thought it was a free kick.  If he didn't flag, then frankly whether it was definitely a penalty or not, I can't see why the ref would have, or should have, changed his mind.  Any benefit of the doubt surely must go to the team benefitting from the original decision?   Doubt VAR would have overturned it.  Shame.

That's a very good point. Surely its logical for the ref to glance across to his linesman before awarding the penalty. This tells him that (a) an infringement has occurred or (b) something to the contrary has occurred. As someone else has pointed out, would he make the same decision the other way around at Elland Road? Not a chance, he wouldn't get out of the ground alive. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a pen for me, but once it’s been given it’s not clear and obvious enough to overturn it. I knew straight away he would tho, cause Craig pawson is a bottlejob, didn’t even bother celebrating that we’d got it.

It's weird. I did exactly the same .   I knew he would change his mind as soon as he got roughed up a bit by the Leeds players.

Live, it looked like a penalty. 

On tv it doesn't

Perhaps we need the unexpected fans video from another angle to prove it was 

3 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

It's a clear penalty and yes I would say that if it was at the other end.

There's no arm around Harrison from Bogle and he clearly takes Bogles leg. How can you say it's not a penalty? 

Of course you would mate, sure.

It doesn't make you less of a fan to just take the bias off for a moment and see it for what it is. You're still a Derby fan if you think it's not a penalty, don't worry.

He doesn't clearly take Bogle's leg at all. If what happened is enough to give as a penalty then there would be 10 per match.

If you focus on the arm grab then no it's not...its also not enough to pull the Leeds twit over (diving in the oppo penalty area?!) BUT look at the feet and the Leeds player does hook him and cause him to fall so yes it should have stood and not been overturned because of a "foul" 

He gave leeds a fee kick to justify not giving a penalty which was silly - if the VAR was in use which we had in FA cup games this season it would not have been overturned 

ultimately he gave it then took it off us based on very flimsy information which the linesman was not flagging for 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Of course you would mate, sure.

It doesn't make you less of a fan to just take the bias off for a moment and see it for what it is. You're still a Derby fan if you think it's not a penalty, don't worry.

He doesn't clearly take Bogle's leg at all. If what happened is enough to give as a penalty then there would be 10 per match.

I thought it was a penalty, he clearly takes bogles leg.

In my opinion of course. Being biased, yes i probably would be trying to convince myself that the defender got the ball first if it was the other way round, wasnt the case though.

The linesman didn't flag. There can't have been any certainty in what he said to the ref. Not an obvious mistake and certainly in no way a foul by Bogle. 

Would the ref have consulted had Leeds not surrounded him? I don't believe so. 

The two big decisions in the game the ref got wrong, which is a shame as I thought he was actually good up until that point. But when the game heated up he crumbled.

Penalty.

50/50, the resulting penalty would of papered over the cracks. Leeds did another job on us, i watched it again and i regret it. Lampard needs to reavaluate how to counter bielsa, 3 times now and the same outcome. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

50/50, the resulting penalty would of papered over the cracks. Leeds did another job on us, i watched it again and i regret it. Lampard needs to reavaluate how to counter bielsa, 3 times now and the same outcome. 

I don't care if it papered over a crack the size of the grand canyon,  poor refereeing.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That's a very good point. Surely its logical for the ref to glance across to his linesman before awarding the penalty. This tells him that (a) an infringement has occurred or (b) something to the contrary has occurred. As someone else has pointed out, would he make the same decision the other way around at Elland Road? Not a chance, he wouldn't get out of the ground alive. 

someone!!!!!!......... @Inverurie Ram pointed it out on the Leeds match thread...... @Steve How Hard? is going to have to try harder on here, I know it's Sunday and we are all miffed, and are now going to suffer cheering on Wolves & Brighton and maybe we are not sure how we are going to get through the next 3 days........but come on......someone!!!!

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Hard to know 100%, looked like it was the Leeds players that swung the decision, but I am sure the officials would say otherwise.

I didn’t see the linesman flag but as soon as the Leeds players surrounded the ref and the keeper ran over he then got involved,pretty weak the officials all game to be honest.

Archived