Penalty or Not?

David

Penalty  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Yes a penalty, just been looking myself at the same thing. Had it not been given to start with I would have still thought it was, but understood in real

time without VAR how hard it is.

The fact it was given then overturned is a ridiculous decision.

Capture.PNG.e72cefece82010f60ae5dffba7601728.PNG

Yep pen. For Pawson to get his head turned by Leeds getting in his face is the worse thing about it all. Added with the fact he gave it in the first place he’s made himself look a prat.

Nudge from Bogle unbalances Harrison, who falls backwards bringing both of them down.

Linesman would have seen the push  Pawson wouldn't.

So it's a no from me.

Ironic however that the only decisive thing either linesman did cost us a penalty!

Sith Happens
Just now, Mick Brolly said:

it's a pen 100% var would have given one did the linesman call the referee over or did the leeds players persuade him to consult him .

Hard to know 100%, looked like it was the Leeds players that swung the decision, but I am sure the officials would say otherwise.

What I don't understand is what the linesman thought he saw that would overturn it. If Pawson's given it, he should have seen it and decided it was a penalty. Either he's not actually seen it and was just guessing at the decision in the first place, or the linesman's seen something there that absolutely no one else has seen that makes the foul redundant. Either way, it's poor, and we were at the very least robbed of a corner because of this.

27 minutes ago, David said:

Not interested in the who should have played, how we played and did or didn’t we deserve anything from the game right now, just this penalty call and reversed decision

Penalty or not?

After seeing this I would say penalty. I think it was a corner at least. Why were Leeds given a free kick?

12 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I honestly don't know how anyone can think that was a penalty. Are those that do really suggesting they would think so even if the teams were reversed and that was given for Leeds? Come off it - we'd have been howling with rage.

Do you think it was a free kick to Leeds?

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He kicks Bogle who has got to the ball first. Can’t see how it isn’t a penalty really. Leeds players have influenced both referee and linesman so well done to them

Didn’t we charged with surrounding the ref at Brentford I’ve seen it a couple of times now and never heard of any action taken.

32 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I honestly don't know how anyone can think that was a penalty. Are those that do really suggesting they would think so even if the teams were reversed and that was given for Leeds? Come off it - we'd have been howling with rage.

It's a clear penalty and yes I would say that if it was at the other end.

There's no arm around Harrison from Bogle and he clearly takes Bogles leg. How can you say it's not a penalty? 

It's a penalty. Outside the box it's given as a freekick so...It's just not a foul that deserves a card. 

Hopefully, at Leeds we will actually play with some bloody width. First run Bogle was allowed to make all game and look what happened. 

Kicks Bogles leg in trying to clear it. Obvious pen no foul by Bogle either.

Linesman got it wrong. Why they put prem refs in for these games I dont know. Not like you can tell the difference anyway.

Wrong side of a bad decision Leeds got away with 2 big calls.

I think it all hinges on whether Bogle does actually push him. IMO he doesn't but his hand does go on his back. As the Ref has already given a penalty the only way it can be changed is if the lino sees a foul on the Leeds player first and they therefore get a free-kick. This is what happened and I'm pretty sure the Ref is being spoken to by the lino straight after he's blown for a penalty. I don't think the Leed's players influenced it at all.

If the Ref hadn't blown for a penalty it would almost definitely have been given as a corner because I don't think the lino would have 'bothered' about Bogle's hand on the Leed's players back.

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Kicks Bogles leg in trying to clear it. Obvious pen no foul by Bogle either.

Linesman got it wrong. Why they put prem refs in for these games I dont know. Not like you can tell the difference anyway.

Wrong side of a bad decision Leeds got away with 2 big calls.

I think you're right. We got away with one too (Huddlestone forearm) though I don't think Huddlestone would have done it if the Leed's player had been sent off.

Archived