Penalty or Not?

David

Penalty  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No need for the lino too flag has they are all in contact by mic he obviously did not say anything immediately.Only when the Leeds players pressured the ref to go over did he say he thought Bogle committed the first offence.

However he could not have been fully convinced of it has he did not immediately call the refs attention to it.No matter what he said Pawson has the final say and made the decision.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

someone!!!!!!......... @Inverurie Ram pointed it out on the Leeds match thread...... @Steve How Hard? is going to have to try harder on here, I know it's Sunday and we are all miffed, and are now going to suffer cheering on Wolves & Brighton and maybe we are not sure how we are going to get through the next 3 days........but come on......someone!!!!

Apologies Sir, my memory is not what it once was. I shall go and stand in the corner with my dunces hat on. 

download.jpeg-10.jpg

6 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Kicks Bogles leg in trying to clear it. Obvious pen no foul by Bogle either.

Linesman got it wrong. Why they put prem refs in for these games I dont know. Not like you can tell the difference anyway.

Wrong side of a bad decision Leeds got away with 2 big calls.

Must be demoralising for Championship refs who know players and teams, to be told you’re not good enough for big games; Charlie the Prem ref is getting it and going to take star billing for his decisions.

5 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Interestingly when Harrison was interviewed straight after the game by Sky then he wouldn't commit to saying it was a foul. This confirms my belief that Bogles contact with him was minimal and unintentional. The linesman Eddie Smart (more like Billy Smart) will be one embarrassed clown this morning. 

He won’t because he’ll argue in real time he saw Bogle leaning on Harrison

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

The linesman didn't flag. There can't have been any certainty in what he said to the ref. Not an obvious mistake and certainly in no way a foul by Bogle. 

Would the ref have consulted had Leeds not surrounded him? I don't believe so. 

The two big decisions in the game the ref got wrong, which is a shame as I thought he was actually good up until that point. But when the game heated up he crumbled.

Penalty.

Thought the ref was bang average, there were loads of niggly fouls by Leeds he let go and time wasting first half. Soon as he booked one second half, it was like he’d found his yellow card and wanted to wave it, there was little proportionate in his judgement in my opinion. He was too lenient, too harsh and if anyone bottled it yesterday, it was the Referee!

3 hours ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Of course you would mate, sure.

It doesn't make you less of a fan to just take the bias off for a moment and see it for what it is. You're still a Derby fan if you think it's not a penalty, don't worry.

He doesn't clearly take Bogle's leg at all. If what happened is enough to give as a penalty then there would be 10 per match.

Your talking out your ring piece 

Harrison swept Bogle's left leg - although it was slight, there was contact and it was enough to bring the player down. The acid test being if it had happened anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a foul, ergo penalty would have been the right decision.

Lol at some of the comments on "the penalty".

Harrison gets the slightest slither on the ball.

Harrison doesn't touch the Derby player - zero contact - WATCH it in slow mo.

Obviously there's going to be some one eyed bias on a Derby forum, but it really, really isn't a penalty lads.

Clutching at straws.

17 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Obviously there's going to be some one eyed bias on a Derby forum, but it really, really isn't a penalty lads.

Clutching at straws.

Should have gone to the Leeds branch of specsavers. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Should have gone to the Leeds branch of specsavers. 

They don't sell proper glasses there, they only sell these:

H-6111BL.jpg?$MediumRHD$&iccEmbed=1&icc=

Seeing it first time it looked a clear penalty.

From a different angle no way was it a penalty.

Correct decision although Leeds should be charged with intimidation of the officials.

Huddlestone got away with a yellow card for attempted GBH.

He’d have been arrested if he did that on CCTV during a night out!

HOWEVER

Leeds lived up to their hard earned reputation.

Come on Derby, even the majority of neutrals want to see Leeds lose on Wednesday!

2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

50/50, the resulting penalty would of papered over the cracks. Leeds did another job on us, i watched it again and i regret it. Lampard needs to reavaluate how to counter bielsa, 3 times now and the same outcome. 

If you regret watching your team because they lost 1-0 to a team who finished three places above us, then maybe you should start “supporting” Man City instead. I don’t regret being there and supporting my team and I won’t regret the trip to **** *** Road whatever the outcome.

56 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Clutching at straws.

I think you’re probably right. In any case it was iffy and could have gone either way but I challenge you to deny that you got away with a series of break killing “one for the team” fouls in the first half. And the head but a yellow ? .. hummmexplain that one to me 

can’t argue that you out thought us and were the better team on the day ... fat lady hasn’t sung yet though 

16 minutes ago, jono said:

I think you’re probably right. In any case it was iffy and could have gone either way but I challenge you to deny that you got away with a series of break killing “one for the team” fouls in the first half. And the head but a yellow ? .. hummmexplain that one to me 

can’t argue that you out thought us and were the better team on the day ... fat lady hasn’t sung yet though 

As I've said in another post, Klich was very lucky, however pathetic of a "head butt" it was, if theres any slight intent, you normally walk.

Hourihane punched Klich the other week, an "unbiased"FA panel deemed it as not "violent" enough, work that one out.

Hourihane scored yesterday for Villa, Bamford (rightly so) was sitting out his 2 game ban.

Did you see Tomoris two footed, in the air, out of control tackle yesterday? Ive seen many get a straight red for those, he didn't even get a card did he?

It does work both ways doesn't it.

4 minutes ago, The middle man said:

As I've said in another post, Klich was very lucky, however pathetic of a "head butt" it was, if theres any slight intent, you normally walk.

Hourihane punched Klich the other week, an "unbiased"FA panel deemed it as not "violent" enough, work that one out.

Hourihane scored yesterday for Villa, Bamford (rightly so) was sitting out his 2 game ban.

Did you see Tomoris two footed, in the air, out of control tackle yesterday? Ive seen many get a straight red for those, he didn't even get a card did he?

It does work both ways doesn't it.

Absolutely .. I have to say Bielsa figured us out. We can all have a grump in our partisan fans way but on balance you deserved the win. 

Yesterday could have been 1-1 could have been 0-2 

You had more energy and cohesiveness than we did yesterday but as a sportsman, I just struggle to have any empathy with certain elements of your style that push the boundaries of fair play. .. (I’d add that I am an old goat with certain corinthian values and don’t like it if our players engage in sneaky stuff either ) 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Stone cold pently

I knew at the time dirty leeds with there cheating tactics

Cost us the game

It didn't really cost us the game,  we may not have scored anyway. What cost us the game is our defence going all mary celeste for their goal.

I was sitting quite near to the 'penno'. My first reaction was the same as several people near to me - that it didn't look like one a penno. Having watched it a few times on tv I think that it might have been a penno. I'm still not convinced through. However, the point is that a decent ref who was unsure would have consulted the linesman and then made a decision after doing so. Given that the ref didn't consult the linesman it seems reasonable to assume that he saw it as a penno (and didn't need to consult the linesman). It was one of several bad decisions that the ref made.

1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

I was sitting quite near to the 'penno'. My first reaction was the same as several people near to me - that it didn't look like one a penno. Having watched it a few times on tv I think that it might have been a penno. I'm still not convinced through. However, the point is that a decent ref who was unsure would have consulted the linesman and then made a decision after doing so. Given that the ref didn't consult the linesman it seems reasonable to assume that he saw it as a penno (and didn't need to consult the linesman). It was one of several bad decisions that the ref made.

I’ve taken the opportunity to give you a like for a very well balanced,reasonable and informed post.(you’ll probably get slaughtered )

Seriously though,really good post...welcome?

Archived