Penalty or Not?

Day

Penalty  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve taken the opportunity to give you a like for a very well balanced,reasonable and informed post.(you’ll probably get slaughtered )

Seriously though,really good post...welcome?

Cheers. In my opinion the ref began badly and maintained that standard. After a few minutes Wilson (I think) got pulled back. Wilson complained; the ref gave a freekick. Wilson appeared to ask the ref why he wasn't booking the Leeds player. The ref seemed to indicate that it was a first offence. First offence is irrelevant; it was a booking. The headbutt was either a red card (if it was seen) or nothing (if it wasn't); it can't have been a yellow. Huddlestone should have been red carded for elbowing their player on the touchline. As a prem ref it was like he thought that he had been granted the power to adapt the rules rather than apply them. I thought that it was a very poor display from the ref.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It didn't really cost us the game,  we may not have scored anyway. What cost us the game is our defence going all mary celeste for their goal.

Yes we would have scored from it and they know it.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes we would have scored from it and they know it.

Probably yes, but no guarantee.

I am fuming it was overruled but i hope Wednesday we can create more genuine chances.

36 minutes ago, jono said:

Absolutely .. I have to say Bielsa figured us out. We can all have a grump in our partisan fans way but on balance you deserved the win. 

Yesterday could have been 1-1 could have been 0-2 

You had more energy and cohesiveness than we did yesterday but as a sportsman, I just struggle to have any empathy with certain elements of your style that push the boundaries of fair play. .. (I’d add that I am an old goat with certain corinthian values and don’t like it if our players engage in sneaky stuff either ) 

Fair enough mate.

Must say though, I do struggle when opposing fans criticise us as you have for pushing the boundaries of fair play as you say.

Im used to the tag of "Dirty Leeds" by now, its nothing new, but to be honest this team is anything but dirty, it really isn't a "dirty" team.

We must be one of the most lightweight teams in the league, and try to play football, on our day the style we play is the most entertaining in the league.

If you want to see a dirty, sneaky team, see Aston Villa for that, league of their own.

But in these social media and sky sensationalising days, everyone needs a pantomime villain, and we put up with that tag.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Fair enough mate.

Must say though, I do struggle when opposing fans criticise us as you have for pushing the boundaries of fair play as you say.

Im used to the tag of "Dirty Leeds" by now, its nothing new, but to be honest this team is anything but dirty, it really isn't a "dirty" team.

We must be one of the most lightweight teams in the league, and try to play football, on our day the style we play is the most entertaining in the league.

If you want to see a dirty, sneaky team, see Aston Villa for that, league of their own.

But in these social media and sky sensationalising days, everyone needs a pantomime villain, and we put up with that tag.

The Aston Villa your lot cheated against?

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The Aston Villa your lot cheated against?

Aye, the Aston Villa we cheated against by sportingly let them walk a goal in, the very same team.

The Aston Villa, who's player tried to foul Cooper, but injured himself (no head injury) the ref waved play on, and in the confusion that followed, we scored.

Bielsa then ordered the players to let Villa score.

Would Dean "play for the foul" Smith of done the same?

Did they do the same when the Stoke player went down at Villa park? - no, they played on, and exploited the space where the full back should have been, crossed and scored, the difference was Stoke played on and didn't demand or feel entitled that the game be stopped.

The Aston Villa that have Tyrone Ming at centre back, who has stamped on opposing players heads when they were on the floor twice.

The Aston Villa that have golden boy (can't do no wrong) Jack Grealish, who goes down if you breathe on him (Dean "play for the foul" Smith)

John Terry - enough said.

Now that is a nasty, sneaky team.

But hey, dirty Leeds.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Aye, the Aston Villa we cheated against by sportingly let them walk a goal in, the very same team.

The Aston Villa, who's player tried to foul Cooper, but injured himself (no head injury) the ref waved play on, and in the confusion that followed, we scored.

Did they do the same when the Stoke player went down at Villa park? - no, they played on, and exploited the space where the full back should have been, crossed and scored, the difference was Stoke played on and didn't demand or feel entitled that the game be stopped.

The Aston Villa that have Tyrone Ming at centre back, who has stamped on opposing players heads when they were on the floor twice.

The Aston Villa that have golden boy (can't do no wrong) Jack Grealish, who goes down if you breathe on him (Dean "play for the foul" Smith)

But hey, dirty Leeds.

Dirty Leeds yes. Spying on other teams, and yes you did let them gave a goal, but bet you wouldn't had there been more at stake, even then your lot tried to stop it.

Deluded lot your lot, champions of Europe,most deluded thing ever.

Anyway welcome to the forum,  good job getting a post deleted already for personal insults..but no Leeds and their fans angelic.

7 minutes ago, The middle man said:

But hey, dirty Leeds.

Can't be pleasant supporting Leeds - the team that probably the majority of football supporters in this country despise more than any other. Hideous fans! If (and I mean IF) it's a Villa v Dirties final then, much as I dislike Villa, I hope they marmalise your scum of a club.

33 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Fair enough mate.

And the award for most hilarious post of the season goes to The middle man.

Congratulations ?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Dirty Leeds yes. Spying on other teams, and yes you did let them gave a goal, but bet you wouldn't had there been more at stake, even then your lot tried to stop it.

Deluded lot your lot, champions of Europe,most deluded thing ever.

Anyway welcome to the forum,  good job getting a post deleted already for personal insults..but no Leeds and their fans angelic.

"our lot" tried to stop it, by that you mean Jansson, it was half hearted at most, and as usual with Jansson at times was more about the show.

How old are you?

Champions of Europe chant has history, and is still sung today through the tradition of it, and also to wind up types like you.

The history of it comes from the 1975 European cup final, which we lost to Bayern Munich, through (how appropriate eh) some absolutely diabolical refereeing decisions, its still clouded in controversy, the referee never reffed a game after that final.

Franz Beckenbauer went on to say after the game that the best team lost, that's where the chant comes from. Thats todays history lesson done.

Happily engage in debate, and will always hold my hands up if we are guilty, but will defend us if absolute BS is posted.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can't be pleasant supporting Leeds - the team that probably the majority of football supporters in this country despise more than any other. Hideous fans! If (and I mean IF) it's a Villa v Dirties final then, much as I dislike Villa, I hope they marmalise your scum of a club.

Its actually brilliant, never dull.

Loads of sheep out there these days, who feel they have to "hate" Leeds as its the done thing.

Why are our fans hideous? Could you give an example why?

"scum of a club" - go on then, explain why?

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, The middle man said:

"our lot" tried to stop it, by that you mean Jansson, it was half hearted at most, and as usual with Jansson at times was more about the show.

How old are you?

Champions of Europe chant has history, and is still sung today through the tradition of it, and also to wind up types like you.

The history of it comes from the 1975 European cup final, which we lost to Bayern Munich, through (how appropriate eh) some absolutely diabolical refereeing decisions, its still clouded in controversy, the referee never reffed a game after that final.

Franz Beckenbauer went on to say after the game that the best team lost, that's where the chant comes from. Thats todays history lesson done.

Happily engage in debate, and will always hold my hands up if we are guilty, but will defend us if absolute BS is posted.

Cheers.

Terrible being on the end of diabolical refereeing isnt it? 

How old am i? Your the one who seems to get off by dishing out personal childish insults,  I note you conveniently ignored that bit of my post.

9 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Its actually brilliant, never dull.

Loads of sheep out there these days, who feel they have to "hate" Leeds as its the done thing.

Why are our fans hideous? Could you give an example why?

"scum of a club" - go on then, explain why?

You're coming on here and attempting to have a reasoned debate. That was your first mistake.

26 minutes ago, The middle man said:

But hey, dirty Leeds.

Bielsa should have ordered one of your players to leave the pitch after Bamfords dive if he really wanted to even things up.

And Kewells dive in the last minute many years ago to get you the penalty that got you a 1-0 win still lives in the memory along with the tactics of Revies cheats.

And there were plenty of us there in the 80's when your lot ripped the wooden seats out and threw them down on us in the Ossie end before we climbed up into the seats and fought back. You are called Dirty leeds for a reason in Derby.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Bielsa should have ordered one of your players to leave the pitch after Bamfords dive if he really wanted to even things up.

And Kewells dive in the last minute many years ago to get you the penalty that got you a 1-0 win still lives in the memory along with the tactics of Revies cheats.

And there were plenty of us there in the 80's when your lot ripped the wooden seats out and threw them down on us in the Ossie end before we climbed up into the seats and fought back. You are called Dirty leeds for a reason in Derby.

Bamfords dive is pathetic and inexcusable, you won't find a single Leeds fan defending him, we don't like that kind of poo, he's had abuse for it believe me, but how can Bielsa order a player off? He will of been totally unaware of what happened until after the game.

Kewell, cant remember that one, but I can well imagine, the bloke is a shithouse, and is not welcome anywhere in the city after he sold his soul and signed for Galatasary, after all that went on there when 2 Leeds fans were murdered.

Revies cheats - this is where the tag comes from, they were no angels, but who was in that era? All teams had their hard men, and I honestly think they were no better or worse than most at the time, they were a brilliant team and didn't get the praise they due, mainly down to the biased southern based press.

In the 80s we had more than our fair share of idiots, I think Chelsea did the same thing a week before? could be wrong?, but all clubs back then had their idiots, your DLF were hardly angels were they.

Trying to be honest here.

1 minute ago, The middle man said:

Bamfords dive is pathetic and inexcusable, you won't find a single Leeds fan defending him, we don't like that kind of poo, he's had abuse for it believe me, but how can Bielsa order a player off? He will of been totally unaware of what happened until after the game.

Kewell, cant remember that one, but I can well imagine, the bloke is a shithouse, and is not welcome anywhere in the city after he sold his soul and signed for Galatasary, after all that went on there when 2 Leeds fans were murdered.

Revies cheats - this is where the tag comes from, they were no angels, but who was in that era? All teams had their hard men, and I honestly think they were no better or worse than most at the time, they were a brilliant team and didn't get the praise they due, mainly down to the biased southern based press.

In the 80s we had more than our fair share of idiots, I think Chelsea did the same thing a week before? could be wrong?, but all clubs back then had their idiots, your DLF were hardly angels were they.

Trying to be honest here.

Chelsea was the week after and the idiots didn't realise we had been moved and they were throwing seats down on their own.

And I agree most clubs had their mobs back in the 80's, Only a few would lob down wooden seats with metal brackets into an area of the ground where woman and kids could be, and going by the antics of some of yours yesterday that tried to attack the Neptune pub and then had a go by the fanzone outside the ground, they are still stuck in the 80's. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

What's the rule on overturning decisions?

In (American) football a decision cannot be overturned unless it removes all doubt. 

That makes sense to me.

I'm on the fence with this one, but I do think the ref was unduly influenced by the West Yorkshire scum dogs.

The ref wasn't influenced by any West Yorkshire scum dogs, he was influenced by his linesman who called him over instantly.

If he was influenced by the West Yorkshire scum dogs, then he was equally as influenced by Keogh throwing his arms about and generally having a big paddy.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

What's the rule on overturning decisions?

In (American) football a decision cannot be overturned unless it removes all doubt. 

That makes sense to me.

I'm on the fence with this one, but I do think the ref was unduly influenced by the West Yorkshire scum dogs.

If you review the match footage again the linesman was straight in the refs ear.

Archived