Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BodminRam said:

got to give it our best attacking go, I would start with this line up and change it if we need to.

Roos

Keogh   Tomori   Evans

Hudds

Wilson   Johnson   Mount   Lawrence

Bennett   Marriott

That is a bit too in you face, and obvious when the teamsheet is out, but you made me think of Jim Smiths setup. Tell Bogle and Malone not to worry about the space behind and press up, Hudds to fill in defensively and vary our game by taking the ball from Roos and pinging it forward early sometimes. Strikers to try and pull their men out wide to make a nice big hole for mount. It would also look fairly normal when the teamsheet was out.

Roos

Keogh       Hudds        Tomori

Bogle                                                                   Malone

Wilson           Johnson

Mount

Waghorn/Nudge        Marriott               

My mind wanders when the dog insists on sniffing every lampost for two minutes on the walk. (walk? more of a bloody stand round and sniff)

One of the weird things about the home match was that I really struggled to make out the dirty Leeds players against the crowd because of their strip. A few times I thought we'd done well and then a camouflaged played appeared from seemingly nowhere to take the ball. Presumably they get to wear white this time so I'll see them and maybe our lot will see them better?

Surprised Holmes doesn't seem to make it into any lineups when he was our best player. Presuming Waggy is out I would make three changes if Cole is fit and go:

Roos

Bogle    Keogh     Tomori     Cole

Huddlestone

Wilson    Holmes    Mount     Lawrence

Marriott

Carson    Malone    Evans    Johnson  Josefzoon    Nugent    Bennett   

All we have to do is win. We've proven we are capable of that 20 times already this season. 

I'm back Frank to fire them up an Leeds to wilt under the pressure like a poorly cooked soufflé.

Early goal, 3-1 victory, Villa absolutely spank us in the final...

If we can turn this around it won’t matter how many times they’ve beaten us this season, only this one will make the difference. Would love to send their Oasis  song back at them. 

You cheated at home

you cheated away,

Don’t worry Bielsa, you cheated today,

*So take your pots and your pans , 

And throw them away

Youre not going to Wembley you’re not going to Wembley! 

*(For younger viewers, see The Damned Utd Cloughys Leeds speech!)

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of the weird things about the home match was that I really struggled to make out the dirty Leeds players against the crowd because of their strip. A few times I thought we'd done well and then a camouflaged played appeared from seemingly nowhere to take the ball. Presumably they get to wear white this time so I'll see them and maybe our lot will see them better?

Surprised Holmes doesn't seem to make it into any lineups when he was our best player. Presuming Waggy is out I would make three changes if Cole is fit and go:

Roos

Bogle    Keogh     Tomori     Cole

Huddlestone

Wilson    Holmes    Mount     Lawrence

Marriott

Carson    Malone    Evans    Johnson  Josefzoon    Nugent    Bennett   

Yep - I’d go with Cole and Marriott (if Waggy is not fit)

got to go for it

15 hours ago, The middle man said:

Yes, the ref was from Sheffield.

So what you're saying is that someone from Sheffield would show a bias to Leeds?.................... 

Dear me.

Someone from Buxton might show favour to Derby 

We generally don’t go ‘flat’ two games in a row so hopefully we actually play our game this time

we have had a few utterly flat games this season notably Bolton away Blackburn away Millwall home Ipswich away Brighton away leeds home and away and usually these have come after very decent performances from my memory 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We generally don’t go ‘flat’ two games in a row so hopefully we actually play our game this time

we have had a few utterly flat games this season notably Bolton away Blackburn away Millwall home Ipswich away Brighton away leeds home and away and usually these have come after very decent performances from my memory 

but do we then turn the flat performance into a decent performance in the next game? thats what is needed in our scenario now

Whatever has happened between Marriott and Lampard needs sorting. Because Lampard is cutting his nose off to spite his face. 

Nugent has played in the last 2 games and had 2 big chances. Missed both. Arguably Marriott would have finished them both. 

A striker is on the pitch to score goals. Nugent hasn't scored since September. The talk of "Nugent can win headers & hold the ball up better" is a myth. He offers nothing. Plus he won't be here next season. Starting him in a play off semi final over Marriott is staggering. I'd play Bennett up front before I'd play Nugent. Leeds centre halves would rather play against Nugent than Marriott I can assure you.

Huddlestone is twice the player Johnson is. We have no control in midfield, no calming presence. When Johnson is on the ball I'm never calm. Huddlestone has to play over Johnson. I don't get why he isn't.

Leeds have our number this season. So why not mix it up? Catch them off guard.

Play 3 at the back. with Evans in at centre half. Wing backs in Malone and Bogle.

Huddlestone holding midfield.

Mount Wilson Holmes behind Marriott.

Lawrence has his good game in 10 against WBA. 

I know Lampard won't do it but still.

Should have played Bennett at PP. Dallad isn't a natural at left back and nobody wanted to run at him for some reason, was probably the easiest game he'll have. 

Get Bogle forward too ffs, his crossing is what causes teams major  problems. 

Huddlestone, Bennett, Marriott to start for me. Drop Nugenet, Johnson and Lawrence 

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Should have played Bennett at PP. Dallad isn't a natural at left back and nobody wanted to run at him for some reason, was probably the easiest game he'll have. 

Get Bogle forward too ffs, his crossing is what causes teams major  problems. 

Huddlestone, Bennett, Marriott to start for me. Drop Nugenet, Johnson and Lawrence 

Id bring Cole is as well - his potentially last match - experience needed at the home of tossers

We need 11 men showing fire and guts. Holmes .. remember him half way through, tackled his man, dispossessed him, got tackled, tackled again chased it all across the pitch to win a throw. We need that spirit right through the team.

Ride the first 20 mins get a goal .. anything can happen

COYR

Archived