Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

1 hour ago, The middle man said:

Spygate wasn't helped for example when your manager completely made a story up about the "spy" being caught skulking in the bushes with wire cutters in his pocket, when Derbyshire police confirmed this wasn't the truth.

So the wire cutters/secateurs thing, Frank was only repeating what he'd been told, the action of sneaking around is the issue not what tools your guy had on him.

I get your hatred of Frank because of his Chelsea association, I was around in the 70's and remember the Leeds-Chelsea rivalry and thats fair enough, no need to make stuff up about the bloke to justify your distaste of anything Chelsea.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Game player, what are these games he plays with the media exactly?

I'd say that press conference he did after Spygate was absolutely to play with the media a bit. I mean, it was an hour-long Powerpoint presentation in Spanish to a room full of journalists who had been only made aware of it about an hour before it happened and weren't told what it was to be about, and it worked in shifting the narrative of the story from "what a horrible thing he's done" to "what a genius, enigmatic character he is." I thought it was a shrewd move on his part. I don't think it's a negative side of a manager that they know how to work the media.

5 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Don't worry mate, I suspect it won't be long till I'm censored.

Then you can all go back to your echo chamber, spouting the usual bias and incorrect BS.

Its not just a Derby thing, its the same on all message boards.

Just thought id pop in and put some things straight.

To be fair, there seems to be some decent, honest posters on here, just a shame there's always the few who can't, or won't admit the truth.

You accuse us of doing exactly what you are doing, many of us are convinced it was a penalty because we've seen the video evidence - its there in glorious detail for anyone to see. You choose not to see it because of your bias to your team.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

So the wire cutters/secateurs thing, Frank was only repeating what he'd been told, the action of sneaking around is the issue not what tools your guy had on him.

I get your hatred of Frank because of his Chelsea association, I was around in the 70's and remember the Leeds-Chelsea rivalry and thats fair enough, no need to make stuff up about the bloke to justify your distaste of anything Chelsea.

Nothing to do with Chelsea to be honest.

The police confirmed in a tweet that the guy had nothing of the sort on him, I can go locate the tweet confirming this from Derbyshire police, they also confirmed he wasn't skulking about in the bushes, just simply stood on a public road, watching a training session.

No hands and knees in the bushes, no binoculars, no bolt cutters and certainly no ladders.

It was the lies, and his general spoilt, big baby attitude that got me, especially when he had himself played under Mourinho and had benefitted from exactly the same routine.

Hes a hypocrite.

37 minutes ago, The middle man said:

He isn't a cheat, and this line is frankly boring now.

We could go round and round about it.

I wouldn’t expect any different from a leeds fan, but he lacks integrity for me. Wouldn’t change your mind tho so I ain’t gonna discuss it further 

10 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'd say that press conference he did after Spygate was absolutely to play with the media a bit. I mean, it was an hour-long Powerpoint presentation in Spanish to a room full of journalists who had been only made aware of it about an hour before it happened and weren't told what it was to be about, and it worked in shifting the narrative of the story from "what a horrible thing he's done" to "what a genius, enigmatic character he is." I thought it was a shrewd move on his part. I don't think it's a negative side of a manager that they know how to work the media.

No.

It was to show the lengths he goes to in research of every little detail, and to point out that he already knew everything he possibly could, so he wouldn't gain anything extra by "spying", which i don't think he would.

Promised myself I wouldn't get drawn on this again......... ffs.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You accuse us of doing exactly what you are doing, many of us are convinced it was a penalty because we've seen the video evidence - its there in glorious detail for anyone to see. You choose not to see it because of your bias to your team.

If it was a penalty I would say so, I honestly don't think it was.

Its how message boards work.

I said Klich was lucky not to red carded for example.

How many have said the same about Huddlestones elbow? (far worse)

Or Tomoris career ending, leg breaker in the first half?

Theres a video of Keogh doing the rounds during the penalty decision, Cooper trying to calm him down, he then pushes Cooper, takes a wild swing, and lunges at him with his head, far more violent than Klichs, why is this not mentioned?

Then Keogh goes on to say in a quote after the game, we don't surround the ref and try to influence him, its not what we do (or words to that effect) then someones got the photo of them all harranging the ref demanding he sends Klich off, its hilarious, you couldn't make it up.

Its all just one eyed pure hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, The middle man said:

No.

It was to show the lengths he goes to in research of every little detail, and to point out that he already knew everything he possibly could, so he wouldn't gain anything extra by "spying", which i don't think he would.

And he did that in a public forum because...?

Does anyone know where would be a good place to park in Leeds for the match?

Never been to Elland Road before, so not entirely sure where's best to park. I think I saw White Rose Shopping Centre wasn't too far away, but I'm not sure the car park stays open that late.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Why , as this site is called DCFC Fans ,  are'nt obvious fans of other clubs barred ?

Because as long as they're not being unreasonable there's no reason not to talk to fans of other teams.

@The middle man is fine to be passionate about his team and want to defend their manager. To be honest, I think Lampard let Bielsa get into his head and hasn't shook it off which is more annoying than anything.

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Does anyone know where would be a good place to park in Leeds for the match?

Never been to Elland Road before, so not entirely sure where's best to park. I think I saw White Rose Shopping Centre wasn't too far away, but I'm not sure the car park stays open that late.

Last time I was in Leeds I parked for five minutes while I went across the road to get some crisps.

My wife was sitting in the car but I displayed her disabled parking badge.

She was terrified by noises and when I returned (within Five mins) the clamps were on my wheels.

No visible signs or yellow lines anywhere.

I had no option but to pay £75 on the spot as I was so er intimidated.

I got the police and local MP involved but the "firm" had disappeared.

Where to park in Leeds?

Somewhere near Sheffield I reckon!

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Why , as this site is called DCFC Fans ,  are'nt obvious fans of other clubs barred ?

Because genuine fans of other clubs often post the most balanced views following matches.

Accrington Stanley fans were really friendly and helpful to Rams supporters before the cup match.

I reckon the Leeds fans who've posted on this topic have been a refreshing antithesis to the stereotypical "supporters" who travel away from Elland road intent on causing mayhem.

Bad language and abuse are not tolerated on this website (unlike on most other fan sites) but long may we continue to encourage "obvious fans of other clubs" to join in and express their opinions.

PS. I still say it wasn't a penno and that Hudds should've walked for GBH!

4 hours ago, The middle man said:

No, Roofe will 10000000% not play.

Stop acting like a fool.

Hope your right because thatll be one less thing to worry about.

Bielsa is a good manager to be fair, dont know how leeds managed to get him! The spying stuff is all bullsh#t the press hyped up in my opinion! All clubs do there research and a bloke standing watching training aint going to learn anything else they dont already know! 

As for wednesday, i think it might be a blessing in disguise us being 1 down. Takes the pressure off! If we went there with a 1 or 2 goal lead, we'd be nervous and trying to protect it while they come out with nothing to loose and there home fans behind them! 

Leeds have foooked up in important games before this season! The pressures all on them now! There fans will start getting twitchy if they dont score early! If we can keep it 0-0 until half time or even get a goal back, i can see them buckling!

They were expecting automatic and they foooked it up, the pressures on!

I reckon if we score early then we will batter them 2 or 3 nil! Or if we can hold out until half time, we'll sneak a late goal and take it to extra time! Then fingers crossed!

Up the rams ?

5 hours ago, The middle man said:

You don't know Bielsa then do you.

Ill take any bet you want that Roofe isn't on the team sheet, charity bet? 

Bielsa always announces his teams early, he's done it all season, if you'd done any research on the guy you would have known this.

Like I say, if you "fully expect this to be a bluff", put your money where your mouth is for a charity bet?

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, The middle man said:

No.

So why did he send someone down to watch us then, if he already knew everything and wouldn't gain any extra by 'spying'

7 hours ago, The middle man said:

Nothing to do with Chelsea to be honest.

The police confirmed in a tweet that the guy had nothing of the sort on him, I can go locate the tweet confirming this from Derbyshire police, they also confirmed he wasn't skulking about in the bushes, just simply stood on a public road, watching a training session.

No hands and knees in the bushes, no binoculars, no bolt cutters and certainly no ladders.

It was the lies, and his general spoilt, big baby attitude that got me, especially when he had himself played under Mourinho and had benefitted from exactly the same routine.

Hes a hypocrite.

Its all deflection from the real issue. Your club admitted it was in the wrong and got fined, yet Frank is somehow the bad guy?????

I don't have any problem with bias toward your own club, its what we all do, but your pretence of being balanced is wearing a bit thin.

8 hours ago, The middle man said:

He isn't a cheat, and this line is frankly boring now.

We could go round and round about it.

The man has admitted he sent someone to spy on Derby training ground in a sneaky manner ,accepted and paid his own fine , cheating ,cheating cheating, ,your attitude to it is the reason Leeds are the most despised club in the land ,perhaps you should take leaf from your managers book , held his hands up paid the fine stopped doing it ,

Archived