Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people need to calm down before slating all the players.

Every single one can do a job - Nugent played really well when he came on Vs West Brom. Johnson has been brilliant in the last 8-10 games and just had an off day.

I think the big one for me is that Waggy is fit and able to play at some point.

We defintely don't need to mix it up as some are saying - we just need the players to have our full support and if we fall short, we know we are hitting the ground running for next season. 

I'm sure there will be twists and turns on Wednesday and hopefully its in our favour. 

Rosie

Bogie   Dick   Fik    Cheryl

Huddz 

Mahhhnt     Knuckleball 

Snip      Dud      Dunc

This is the team! Balls on the table... big hammer... Bang!

On 12/05/2019 at 09:41, McLovin said:

It’s always possible because there’s one goal in it, but we need to be far more aggressive and attack minded akin to Hull away in the play offs. Even in the first legs, Spurs and Liverpool had a go and caused the opposition problems, Liverpool especially were unlucky to come across a motivated Messi in that game. Also those teams had a whole week to prepare whereas we have a matter of days to turn this around. Always believe, but if we overturn this, it will go down as one of the greatest comebacks in our history .

Always a chance but let’s get something straight ..........we ain’t Liverpool or Spurs and it’s going to take more than quality to do it. There has to be blood,sweat and tears right from kick off. 

6 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Always a chance but let’s get something straight ..........we ain’t Liverpool or Spurs and it’s going to take more than quality to do it. There has to be blood,sweat and tears right from kick off. 

Leeds aren't Barcelona or Ajax either

The stinging disappointment is being gradually replaced by blind optimism once more, a blind optimism that could be sustained or killed by the team sheet that appears on twitter an hour before the game on Wednesday. For me we have to make changes, in formation and style. No point trying the same thing against Leeds for the 4th time in a row. (assuming Waghorn is out):

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone 

Huddlestone Johnson

Wilson Mount Holmes 

Marriott 

Would be tempted to start Bennett but i would save him as a sub if we still need a goal in the second half, bring him on for Huddlestone and go 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Johnson and Mount in the middle. 

On 12/05/2019 at 10:15, David said:

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Tomori   Malone

Wilson   Johnson   Mount   Lawrence

Bennett   Marriott

Need to keep our width, not allow Ayling and Dallas the freedom to push forward, Marriott and Bennett both up top to give Cooper and Beradi more to think about.

Disrupt the press, force the space between their backline and midfield for Mount to exploit.

Thats the one David. THIS THIS THIS. Be nasty and snarling on that high press too at every second of every minute lads. Every team thats beaten them has done this. Given their defence zero time and forced them to kick long.

Archived