Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta change it up completely. Try something new. Can't play the same way otherwise they'll dominate us for the 4th time this season.

Roos; Evans, Keogh, Tomori; Bogle, Mount, Huddlestone, Malone; Wilson, Marriott, Lawrence.

343. Get Bogle and Malone high and wide. Wilson and Lawrence close to Marriott. 

Bielsa like to go three at the back if the opponents are playing two up front. We should start 4-4-2 and switch to one up fron when he made his change to three at the back, then swich back and forth as we see fit. We will have prepared for it but it might mess them arround.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Still hope .   Constantly here this stat about team losing at home first has never made the final . Most of those years away goal's counted double.  I think we must score first.  Leeds aren't as good as Fulham were. 

And we are better (when our tail is up) than the rowettball of last year. I dream still of Wembley 2 weeks tomorrow ?

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we can get the referee to come from Derbyshire it would increase our chances because Leeds got the referee from Yorkshire yesterday and I actually do mean it he was from Yorkshire 

Pretty sure next one is Manchester based.... I know they were manchester and Sheffield but cant remember which way round...

Sith Happens

I don't think it matters that the ref was from Yorkshire,  it matters he allowed himself to be influenced by players complaining,  that creates a dangerous precedent as players will do it more if they know refs have no conviction in their decisions.

got to give it our best attacking go, I would start with this line up and change it if we need to.

Roos

Keogh   Tomori   Evans

Hudds

Wilson   Johnson   Mount   Lawrence

Bennett   Marriott

5 hours ago, goldstar said:

I would be one poo manager because for me, over thinking and tactics can backfire in games like this.

Just pick the strongest most attacking team, mark your men when needed, find space, play quick one twos and score some bloody goals!

Absolutely this. ^. Footballl is a simple game complicated by idiots with tactic and formation boards. 

If we use Marriott correctly he could terrorise Leeds centre halves he would have done yesterday if we had not persisted and n playing long high balls when he came on.

First ten minutes we were doing it and got nuge in then we stopped.

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I actually feel more confident now than I did before the first leg. Given away goals don't count double I do think we can do it. I certainly don't want to have to sit in a pub quiz in a few weeks and have the question come up 'which team did Leeds beat four times in the league this season?' For that reason alone we have to do it.

Wouldn't it be great (although unlikely I admit) if the pub quiz question was "which team did Leeds beat with ease three times in a single season but still go out to in the play offs?" 

45 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Wouldn't it be great (although unlikely I admit) if the pub quiz question was "which team did Leeds beat with ease three times in a single season but still go out to in the play offs?" 

Same as us vs Hull 

over 4 games we won 3 games with an aggregate of 8-3 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Roos

bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Wilson Mount Johnson Lawrence   

Bennett Marriott   

Bench Carson McDonald Nugent  Whittaker Holmes  Huddlestone someone else

Unless he's injured surely you've got to find a place for Holmes somewhere. 

1 hour ago, BodminRam said:

got to give it our best attacking go, I would start with this line up and change it if we need to.

Roos

Keogh   Tomori   Evans

Hudds

Wilson   Johnson   Mount   Lawrence

Bennett   Marriott

Marriott can play poorly and score a goal from big boot down field. Marriott not Nuge for me. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If we can get the referee to come from Derbyshire it would increase our chances because Leeds got the referee from Yorkshire yesterday and I actually do mean it he was from Yorkshire 

Yes, the ref was from Sheffield.

So what you're saying is that someone from Sheffield would show a bias to Leeds?.................... 

Dear me.

4 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Yes, the ref was from Sheffield.

So what you're saying is that someone from Sheffield would show a bias to Leeds?.................... 

Dear me.

Showed more bias towards Leeds than Derby. Should have been down to 10 men after that headbutt! 

10 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Showed more bias towards Leeds than Derby. Should have been down to 10 men after that headbutt! 

Did you see the two footed "out of control" both feet in the air tackle by Tomori?

Ive seen straight reds for those, didn't even get booked did he, very lucky, think the ref was "biased" on that one.

Anyway, whatever, the point i was making was that some dimwit, came up with the conclusion that because the ref was from Yorkshire (Sheffield) he would show a bias to Leeds.......... I mean come on.

If you know Yorkshire, you would know the bitterness and "chip on the shoulder" attitude people from Sheffield have towards the city of Leeds.

Bit silly isn't it really.

14 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

And regarding Klich, yes he was very lucky, however pathetic "the headbutt" was, and the following furore kicked up by the Derby players was, if the intent is there you should walk.

Similar to the Hourihane punch on Klich that went unpunished the other week, even when it was watched back by a totally "unbiased" panel, who banned Bamford (and rightly so) for 2 games.

The same Hourihane who equalised for Villa yesterday.

See how this works?

Archived