Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You don't know the first thing about Bielsa do you. Ignorance is bliss.

He also said that Hernandez wasn't going to be playing back in January, before probably being the best player on the pitch that day. I think both then and now are cases of players being genuinely injured, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that there's still a chance Roofe could be recovered and starting despite assurances to the contrary given that it's happened once already.

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

He also said that Hernandez wasn't going to be playing back in January, before probably being the best player on the pitch that day. I think both then and now are cases of players being genuinely injured, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that there's still a chance Roofe could be recovered and starting despite assurances to the contrary given that it's happened once already.

Except he didn't say that did he.

He said Hernandez was "a doubt" for the game.

Here is exactly what he said.

"I think he could play the game on Friday - I can't say 100 per cent that he won't play but if there is even a small chance I wouldn't like to take any risks with him that he gets injured again. 

"I think if it is up to him he would play the game because he is a generous player. But I think that he should only play if he can't get worse."

And here's the link if you want to read it again in full.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-v-Derby-county-pablo-hernandez-a-doubt-for-rams-clash-but-liam-cooper-in-good-condition-to-return-1-9528269

In this case, he has said Roofe will not play, not that hes a doubt - he will NOT play.

Those pesky facts heh.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Would that be 22nd December.

Good one.

Seriously though, hes sound, nothing but respectful and never has a bad word to say about anyone, never complains about any decision.

Unlike some of the holier than thou British managers.

7 minutes ago, The middle man said:

Except he didn't say that did he.

He said Hernandez was "a doubt" for the game.

Here is exactly what he said.

"I think he could play the game on Friday - I can't say 100 per cent that he won't play but if there is even a small chance I wouldn't like to take any risks with him that he gets injured again. 

"I think if it is up to him he would play the game because he is a generous player. But I think that he should only play if he can't get worse."

And here's the link if you want to read it again in full.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-v-Derby-county-pablo-hernandez-a-doubt-for-rams-clash-but-liam-cooper-in-good-condition-to-return-1-9528269

In this case, he has said Roofe will not play, not that hes a doubt - he will NOT play.

Those pesky facts heh.

Alright, fair enough. I do remember him being reported as out from some outlet or other, and preparing to watch that game with it in my head that he would not be on the pitch, but it must have been someone Chinese whispering it from being unlikely to play to being absolutely out. 

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Alright, fair enough. I do remember him being reported as out from some outlet or other, and preparing to watch that game with it in my head that he would not be on the pitch, but it must have been someone Chinese whispering it from being unlikely to play to being absolutely out. 

Aye, fancy some media outlet getting it completely wrong in this country.

They have a habit of getting things wrong, or at worst just making things up completely to sensationalise a story.

Look no further than sky, talk sport etc.

Spygate wasn't helped for example when your manager completely made a story up about the "spy" being caught skulking in the bushes with wire cutters in his pocket, when Derbyshire police confirmed this wasn't the truth.

By Saturday on football focus, it had escalated to bolt cutters and a ladder according to the intellectual giant Martin Keown.

Both Frank and Martin are yet to be grilled as to why they made these things up.

1 minute ago, The middle man said:

They have a habit of getting things wrong, or at worst just making things up completely to sensationalise a story.

Spygate wasn't helped for example when your manager completely made a story up about the "spy" being caught skulking in the bushes with wire cutters in his pocket, when Derbyshire police confirmed this wasn't the truth.

By Saturday on football focus, it had escalated to bolt cutters and a ladder according to the intellectual giant Martin Keown.

Both Frank and Martin are yet to be grilled as to why they made these things up.

He did have secateurs with him, though. I'm inclined to believe that was misinformation given to him rather than a complete fabrication. 

1 hour ago, The middle man said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

You don't know the first thing about Bielsa do you. Ignorance is bliss.

He’s a game player and a cheat. Nothing wrong with the former, I’d play games all day with the media as a manager, best to keep your cards close to your chest. Reason for my dislike is the latter, if you’re such a good manager you don’t need to spy on your opposition.

1 hour ago, The middle man said:

I'm sorry, but do you expect us to give a poo what the truth of the matter was?

We're Derby, you are Leeds.

I don't give a toss whether your manager is honest as the day is long, how much people love him etc etc.

He's a cheating ******, you're all cheating tossers, it's a good fit looking from the outside.

You want balance, try those scales they have in public toilets, if you can part with a pound.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s a game player and a cheat. Nothing wrong with the former, I’d play games all day with the media as a manager, best to keep your cards close to your chest. Reason for my dislike is the latter, if you’re such a good manager you don’t need to spy on your opposition.

He isn't a cheat, and this line is frankly boring now.

We could go round and round about it.

22 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Game player, what are these games he plays with the media exactly?

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Why , as this site is called DCFC Fans ,  are'nt obvious fans of other clubs barred ?

Don't worry mate, I suspect it won't be long till I'm censored.

Then you can all go back to your echo chamber, spouting the usual bias and incorrect BS.

Its not just a Derby thing, its the same on all message boards.

Just thought id pop in and put some things straight.

To be fair, there seems to be some decent, honest posters on here, just a shame there's always the few who can't, or won't admit the truth.

Archived