Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

I just want us all to be singing and bouncing along with the away fans that will be kept in the ground at the end celebrating and singing ......."Lampard is crying with laughter, with laughter, with laughter"..........................

We'll give it a right proper go, and no matter what, us fans have got to stay positive, and keep believing in ourselves.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I actually feel more confident now than I did before the first leg. Given away goals don't count double I do think we can do it. I certainly don't want to have to sit in a pub quiz in a few weeks and have the question come up 'which team did Leeds beat four times in the league this season?' For that reason alone we have to do it.

Don’t take comfort from not having the away goals rule......... Leeds scored 1 and we’ve got to score at least 1 ?.  That said I love your optimism ?

For me personally its been the most frustrating season in the last 5, transition or not. We've looked bottom 2 at times and top 2 at others and this is what makes you still believe. Play like we did at back in October vs West Brom, Man u and Chelsea and we'll beat Leeds, but October is long time ago now, do the legs have it?

An early goal would change everything, we have nothing to lose now. Like @McLovin said above I hope we play our most attacking 11, have a go and not limp out like last season. We've been pretty resilient this season, so anything is possible. 

There’s always a chance, yes it’s an outside one but they aren’t as invincible as we’ve made them look this season.

The most important thing for me is if we are to go out, we go out fighting and giving it a go, not the passive display we put in yesterday!

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We’ll beat these lot, written int stars. Cheats never prosper in end and all that infant school poo. Mark the words of the millenniumram.

I bloody hope so!! I would love nothing more for that final whistle to go and Bielsa have to eat humble pie 

The last week in football says there is always a chance however there needs to be such an improvement from yesterday.

7 attempts on goal and not a single attempt on target playing at home in a play off semi final is an absolute disgrace,just thank ourselves lucky that Leeds did not finish there chances as this game could of been dead and buried by now

Lets just throw poo at the wall and see what sticks, three times Leeds have countered our play perfectly.

Just go a bit crazy with 3-5-2 or something and see if we can just get a bit lucky and disrupt there game?

Might not work, but playing our game hasnt either.

"If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions."

Probably a bit how Brighton fans felt in 2014, sneaked into the play offs late on and had to play the best team in them. Still in the tie with the tight scoreline but away at a much better team is going to be tough. 

I don't think we'll do it but what does that matter. I didn't think we'd make the play offs after our Feb run and inconsistent performances. I didn't think we'd win our first away game of the year in probably the most important away match of all. But we did. We did both so why not turn this baby round. Thankfully it's only 1-0, we need Leeds to have an off day and for our lads to turn up. Stranger things have happened, lady luck is on our side this year so let's have another chunk please. Leeds down to 10 after 5 minutes will do. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Roos

Bogle   Keogh   Tomori   Malone

Wilson   Johnson   Mount   Lawrence

Bennett   Marriott

Need to keep our width, not allow Ayling and Dallas the freedom to push forward, Marriott and Bennett both up top to give Cooper and Beradi more to think about.

Disrupt the press, force the space between their backline and midfield for Mount to exploit.

I think your probably right here. Leeds are very well suited to stifling and shutting down our usual game plan. They quickly and effectively shut down the route into and through midfield and with an isolated forward it becomes difficult to progress. 

Switching to a 442 more readily allows for stretching the Leeds back 3 and allows us to play down the wings a bit better because the strikers can drift into the channels. The only change I'd make to your selection is Holmes instead of Wilson on the right and Waghorn instead of one of Bennett or Mariott if he's fit. 

Totally off topic, I watched sink the bismark on YouTube this morning.

I see it right now as the part off of the film where HMS Hood has been blown up and sunk.

I envisage Mel phoning down "you must use any means at your disposal, no matter the risk, you must sink Bielsa!"

So, an Air strike from HMS Jack Royal to take out the rudder and battleships Huddz and Bradley can finish the job.

Archived