Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The middle man said:

Don't worry mate, I suspect it won't be long till I'm censored.

Then you can all go back to your echo chamber, spouting the usual bias and incorrect BS.

Its not just a Derby thing, its the same on all message boards.

Just thought id pop in and put some things straight.

To be fair, there seems to be some decent, honest posters on here, just a shame there's always the few who can't, or won't admit the truth.

Like admitting manager got caught cheating?

8 hours ago, The middle man said:

No.

It was to show the lengths he goes to in research of every little detail, and to point out that he already knew everything he possibly could, so he wouldn't gain anything extra by "spying", which i don't think he would.

Promised myself I wouldn't get drawn on this again......... ffs.

So why send someone on the payroll to spy on other clubs training if that’s the case? It wasn’t just us that was subjected to the spying ,we just uncovered it 

7 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Does anyone know where would be a good place to park in Leeds for the match?

Never been to Elland Road before, so not entirely sure where's best to park. I think I saw White Rose Shopping Centre wasn't too far away, but I'm not sure the car park stays open that late.

We just park down by the ground. It's a huge car park, both sets of fans. Nightmare to get out of at the end; we take a flask of coffee! 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You accuse us of doing exactly what you are doing, many of us are convinced it was a penalty because we've seen the video evidence - its there in glorious detail for anyone to see. You choose not to see it because of your bias to your team.

I don’t think it was a penalty tbh. I think Derby fans are actually guilty of bias in that regard.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Danny Higginbotham also biased towards Derby I guess?

I don’t know whether he said it was a penalty or not. Not everyone who says it’s a penalty is biased, I just think it’s less clear cut than Derby fans are making out. You can’t tell me that people aren’t more likely to consider it a penalty if they’re a Derby fan. No chance would we see the same results on that poll if it was Bogle tackling Dallas.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I don’t know whether he said it was a penalty or not. Not everyone who says it’s a penalty is biased, I just think it’s less clear cut than Derby fans are making out. You can’t tell me that people aren’t more likely to consider it a penalty if they’re a Derby fan. No chance would we see the same results on that poll if it was Bogle tackling Dallas.

He did say it, maybe because it was a penalty you know even if you take biased away.

Maybe we would say it wasn’t had it gone against us and that would be a biased view.

Maybe Leeds fans are being biased, I mean they will defend blatant cheating so it comes as no surprise they would say it wasn’t a penalty.

8 minutes ago, David said:

He did say it, maybe because it was a penalty you know even if you take biased away.

Maybe we would say it wasn’t had it gone against us and that would be a biased view.

Maybe Leeds fans are being biased, I mean they will defend blatant cheating so it comes as no surprise they would say it wasn’t a penalty.

I think you’re right. I don’t think there’s a definite answer as to whether or not it was a penalty, but I reckon if you asked 100 neutrals, you’d expect less than half to say it was a penalty. I just think the number of Derby fans saying it was a foul suggests that there’s a fair amount of biased opinion. Which is obviously not a surprise and not unique to our club.

As for defending blatant cheating, I couldn’t care less if we spy, dive or punch our way up. Every single team indulges in cheating to a certain extent, from the lowest level of claiming throws, fouls, etc. There are very few criticising Huddlestone for his forearm. If the referee doesn’t spot it then that’s his problem. It still doesn’t spot me pointing out bias.

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I think you’re right. I don’t think there’s a definite answer as to whether or not it was a penalty, but I reckon if you asked 100 neutrals, you’d expect less than half to say it was a penalty. I just think the number of Derby fans saying it was a foul suggests that there’s a fair amount of biased opinion. Which is obviously not a surprise and not unique to our club.

As for defending blatant cheating, I couldn’t care less if we spy, dive or punch our way up. Every single team indulges in cheating to a certain extent, from the lowest level of claiming throws, fouls, etc. There are very few criticising Huddlestone for his forearm. If the referee doesn’t spot it then that’s his problem. It still doesn’t spot me pointing out bias.

Think it’s hard to find real neutrals anymore, most favour one team over another. 

Loads will say it was simply through hate of Leeds United. 

Or want Man City to lift the title over hate for Liverpool. 

48 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I don’t think it was a penalty tbh. I think Derby fans are actually guilty of bias in that regard.

In your opinion it’s no penalty, on my opinion it was..... that’s the point, it’s opinion. The Leeds chappie states it like its fact.

Anyroad, watch carefully how Bogle goes down, anyone who has played competitive football will tell you he has just had his leg took off balance. The ref was a few yards away and knew  instinctively that it was a stonewaller, that’s why he gave it.

Only the ref himself knows why he allowed the Leeds players to coerce him into consulting the Lino ( who never flagged or made an attempt to signal to the ref).

Won’t matter after Wednesday anyway when we’re all scrambling for Wembley tickets.

9 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Does anyone know where would be a good place to park in Leeds for the match?

Never been to Elland Road before, so not entirely sure where's best to park. I think I saw White Rose Shopping Centre wasn't too far away, but I'm not sure the car park stays open that late.

I went earlier in the season -  There is a large car park just outside of the ground but make sure you get there early as that was full by the time we got there (30 mins till KO). I used the app Park on my Drive when i went to Bristol and found it very useful - Can park on peoples drives for £10 and then you know the car is safe and can see how far from the ground the house is etc. The Leeds fans i spoke to about parking said they park a mile away and walk.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Holmes Huddlestone Mount Wilson

Bennett Marriott 

Bielsa is known for always wanting one more defender than opposition centre-forward, to the extent that he’s been known to bring another centre-half on. I doubt he’ll be expecting us to go 442 so rough them up, get into them quick put them under pressure then force the change. 

Then switch to 4-3-3 and make use of the spare man in midfield and get the full-backs to the by-line. 

10 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Tom definitely shouldn't have done it. I think poor refereeing was a factor. When you see a blatant red card offence (Klich pansy headbutt) dealt with in that way I think players lose respect for the Ref and some lose self-control. Tom should have been sent off but if Klich had been sent off I don't think he'd have done it anyway.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

In your opinion it’s no penalty, on my opinion it was..... that’s the point, it’s opinion. The Leeds chappie states it like its fact.

Anyroad, watch carefully how Bogle goes down, anyone who has played competitive football will tell you he has just had his leg took off balance. The ref was a few yards away and knew  instinctively that it was a stonewaller, that’s why he gave it.

Only the ref himself knows why he allowed the Leeds players to coerce him into consulting the Lino ( who never flagged or made an attempt to signal to the ref).

Won’t matter after Wednesday anyway when we’re all scrambling for Wembley tickets.

And tonight we will find out who our opponents will be ?

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Holmes Huddlestone Mount Wilson

Bennett Marriott 

Bielsa is known for always wanting one more defender than opposition centre-forward, to the extent that he’s been known to bring another centre-half on. I doubt he’ll be expecting us to go 442 so rough them up, get into them quick put them under pressure then force the change. 

Then switch to 4-3-3 and make use of the spare man in midfield and get the full-backs to the by-line. 

I like that line up, it allows us to switch formation without changing personal as well (I imagine that's what your getting at). 

My only concern would be Huddlestone in a two in midfield. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They cheated us again now time is for frank and the lads to use and get pay back by knocking us out of play offs.

By the way it was a pentley.

Hold up, we don’t wanna knock ourselves out the playoffs! Malones already tried that with his incredible awareness of Roofe 

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You make some excellent points there, I was walking out the ground talking to my bro and mate and this Leeds old timer, butted into our conversation, saying you know f all about football that was no peno, when I tried to explain to him that the ref gave it, as he saw it in real time, and to change his mind like he did was a joke, and that's the point of it, the ref was in a great position, and he gave it, so that is the argument, not if it was or was not, the thick Leeds twit could not understand this, so I told him to jog on, for me it was a peno, but the argument is the ref was in a great position and he gave it, so to change his mind like he did was  very unprofessional of him, now let's get revenge, and beat the scum at ******* road.

Archived