Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion

cannable

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shorty389 said:

Please don't. ?? The majority of us want the players to be able to do a lap of honour/appreciation..... 

They’ll put out an announcement, probably already have, to tell people not to. But they’ll do it anyway. 

I won’t be the first on the pitch obviously, if nobody runs on I’m not going to be hurdling the advertising hoardings like Jessica Ennis. But guarantee there’ll be hundreds on the pitch before I even make it from my seat to pitch level. So at that point, why not?

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

If you thought you were nervous about the game, put yourself in my shoes. I’m going to have to try and hide this from my mum:9C86855D-5018-47C7-B314-1675D50E4B14.jpeg.c2e2e6f9d4dceeea7c07cac7cc520b8b.jpeg 

I’d be more worried about the fact that you’ve probably come into contact with a vampire rather than telling your mum.

And I’m not sure how well it works the morning after, but pushing a hot tea bag against it will move some of the blood away from the skin. Don’t ask me how I know..

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

If you thought you were nervous about the game, put yourself in my shoes. I’m going to have to try and hide this from my mum:9C86855D-5018-47C7-B314-1675D50E4B14.jpeg.c2e2e6f9d4dceeea7c07cac7cc520b8b.jpeg 

You want to be careful with that Hoover next time, I remember a lad at school who did the same, tried to make out he spent the night with a female, whipped the Dyson out and full power on his next.

Bruised him for weeks. Moved schools in the end.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They’ll put out an announcement, probably already have, to tell people not to. But they’ll do it anyway. 

I won’t be the first on the pitch obviously, if nobody runs on I’m not going to be hurdling the advertising hoardings like Jessica Ennis. But guarantee there’ll be hundreds on the pitch before I even make it from my seat to pitch level. So at that point, why not?

Fair point. 

But to answer the why not... because I want to be able to go to matches next season to support the lads.... not watching from home because I'm one of the ones that has been caught and banned from.going.... (it would be just my luck for that to happen to me) 

I just think the few that *might* run onto the pitch spoil it for everyone else who actually want to see the players get their lap of honour. I just hope people.can control themselves enough to stay off the pitch. 

8 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Today’s the DAY!

Never mind what any other team does.

Score one more goal than the Baggies.

Beat Leeds over two legs.

Beat Villa at Wembley.

Up we go.

Piece of ? 

Simples!

That seems an awful lot to fit into one day.  Can we not spread it out over a few weeks?  

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Because they have (already) asked us not to... and go on to explain about possible repercussions re failing to control the crowd (It literally takes just one idiot!)

Hundreds of wrongs doth not a right maketh!

7 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Fair point. 

But to answer the why not... because I want to be able to go to matches next season to support the lads.... not watching from home because I'm one of the ones that has been caught and banned from.going.... (it would be just my luck for that to happen to me) 

I just think the few that *might* run onto the pitch spoil it for everyone else who actually want to see the players get their lap of honour. I just hope people.can control themselves enough to stay off the pitch. 

It’s become a bit of a tradition for nearly every club, it’s impossiblr to stop so unfortunately I think people will be on the pitch unless we collapse and our season ends today.

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’d be more worried about the fact that you’ve probably come into contact with a vampire rather than telling your mum.

And I’m not sure how well it works the morning after, but pushing a hot tea bag against it will move some of the blood away from the skin. Don’t ask me how I know..

Oh, if only her name was Catherine... He could use De-Cath tea bags!

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It’s become a bit of a tradition for nearly every club, it’s impossiblr to stop so unfortunately I think people will be on the pitch unless we collapse and our season ends today.

Why would you go on the pitch if we have another game to play. Thousands of people doing the same thing won’t be great for the surface, surely. 

Weve won nothing to celebrate, I don’t get it. 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not if we’re in the play offs, still need the pitch in tip top condition. Didn’t happen last year after beating Barnsley 4-1

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It may well be impossible to stop, if the majority continue to think "Oh, some are on, so I might as well join them"!

How about being leaders for a change, and becoming the first club who traditionally keep the pitch clear of fans at the end of the season, even when we have a successful outcome.  There are other ways to celebrate.

19 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

Fair point. 

On the pitch on the pitch on the pitch.

On the pitch on the pitch on the piiiitch

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Don’t think so, doesn’t tend to happen if you get in the playoffs. There’s two scenarios today, either we get in the playoffs in which case I can’t see people doing it as we still need the pitch, or we duck it up, in which case no one will do it as they be too pissed off. So can’t see a pitch invasion whatever happens. It’s only really likely if you get promoted automatically or if you’re just a small club happy to finish twelfth (forest, looking your way?)

Archived