Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Pedantically it would be a 7-0 win needed by Boro given their scarcity of scoring goals all season this would be highly improbable. So beat Swansea away and job done for us.

I'm just thinking that Villa could well lose their last 2 and we could nab 5th....

Brilliant result. It will probably go unsaid for fear of being called a miserable doom-monger but until the 2nd goal the performance was akin to Blackburn away. Awful passing from most of the team. After that we suddenly turned it on. 

Do I care? not at all. 

3 points from the next two games should be enough, although you can't rule out Boro putting 6 past Rotherham.

Cannot wait for Keogh's winner away at Elland Road as he celebrates right in front of Bielsa whilst holding his hands to his eyes, miming binoculars. 

COYR?.

Fantastic.

couldn't get ramstv to take the payment so i'll have to wait to see it but delighted.

plyaers that frank has put faith in repaid him today by all accounts: roos, bogle, evans, bennett and even Lawrence

that is good management.

two more hard games to come

57 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

this game is hilarious

Not as hilarious as reading the utter drivel from some of the usual 'gonna lose' posters at this stage.

*Note, writing this I've tried to eliminate any natural bias, but also just be honest in how I saw it.*

First 15, very little in it, City just edged it imo, but only by the fact we had actually taken a shot.

Game opened up a bit, Derby goal while not exactly against the run of play, was your first shot and a piss easy save but for a deflection 2 yards in front of Maenpaa.

Best chance of the half fell to Derby, but other than that 1 chance all the opportunities went the way of City- that's not to say they were massive chances, far from it, often shots from outside the box straight at Roos.

Referee was very lenient first half (this section all typed at that point) with Derby players IMO, but not biased in decisions. There were 4-5 very late challenges, only 1 of which got a booking. There was a kick to the head on Brownhill (I think) which was dangerous play (though the Derby player had every right to go for the ball, not suggesting a red at all) 2-3 that were just late challenges and one where, in all fairness, you should have had a freekick before the challenge happened. He was pushed down when going for a header, then lead with an elbow going for the next one.

Feel City are unfortunate to be behind at half time, but Derby looked dangerous on the break.

Early second half Maenpaa makes a good save to stop a 1 on 1 shot and we had a chance where I've no idea how the ball didn't go in.

The red card was odd (from my view and just one viewing, live)

Our player was stretching to get the ball, got the ball but caught the Derby player.

Literally 5 minutes before this Paterson sprayed a cross field ball, and slipped caught Mount (?), Ref said nothing.**

There were multiple of these without a booking by Derby players first half.

City fans baying for a red when Da Silva was wiped out after a Derby corner I think knew it wasn't a red challenge.

Mount then then had a great chance, followed by 5 minutes where our players were queuing up to try and score, the result being a breakaway and a Derby goal, utilising their extra man.

Last 10 minutes or so Derby passed the ball around for fun.

Honest opinion of did the better team win, from performances on the day? No.

But you put the ball in the net 4 times, we didn't manage it once, so from that view you deserve the win.

Also, the 4th one was a very tight and perhaps unlucky offside.

Was livid with some of the decisions at the time, but tried to be as unbiased as possible when typing.

** Note on the red card, when I spoke to my brother-in-law after the game he said Semenyo was high going in

What a ducking day.

Left Burton at 08:20. First pint at 08:25. Arrived at the Myrtle Tree in Bristol at about 11:30. Same routine as usual - get pissed and turn up at the ground swaying.

We battled like duck today. We were under pressure for a long ducking time but we were  imperious, even when Tomori went off. Special mention to Evans, who was bloody brilliant when he came on, and Bogle, who continued his ducking brilliant form and sealed the game really. 

I don’t particularly remember either of our goals, but I do remember trying to get to the front when we scored our second and my leg getting buried under everyone else. I also went into cramp for our second but who gives a duck when we take pole position against our play-off rivals. 

I genuinely believe that we can do this based off our performance today. A point on Wednesday and a win on Saturday, both of which I’m going to, will do us fine and see us into a position to belt Leeds in the play offs.

As you can probably tell, I’m a little bit pissed off Dark Fruits and Thatcher’s Gold. I don’t give a duck because this is up there with the best away days of my life.

Up the ducking Rams. I’ll see you at Swansea on Wednesday and WBA on Saturday. We can ducking do it.

P.S. I also saw the mighty Derby_England_Loyal at half-time. He’s mystified as to why he got banned but I’m not in a position to comment.  

Up the bar steward Rams.

not had chance to read other posts but i hope you at home are savouring this moment as much as we are down here in Bristol , i have absolutely no voice left , the team and fans did Derby proud today , Mounty unplayable today what a talent , waggy , Bogle and Bennett immense , Roos get that contract signed superb , but i save my big shout out to George Evans , not had an easy time of it since joining but today he was superb, well done boys im soooooo proud of you

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a ducking day.

Left Burton at 08:20. First pint at 08:25. Arrived at the Myrtle Tree in Bristol at about 11:30. Same routine as usual - get pissed and turn up at the ground swaying.

We battled like duck today. We were under pressure for a long ducking time but we were  imperious, even when Tomori went off. Special mention to Evans, who was bloody brilliant when he came on, and Bogle, who continued his ducking brilliant form and sealed the game really. 

I don’t particularly remember either of our goals, but I do remember trying to get to the front when we scored our second and my leg getting buried under everyone else. I also went into cramp for our second but who gives a duck when we take pole position against our play-off rivals. 

I genuinely believe that we can do this based off our performance today. A point on Wednesday and a win on Saturday, both of which I’m going to, will do us fine and see us into a position to belt Leeds in the play offs.

As you can probably tell, I’m a little bit pissed off Dark Fruits and Thatcher’s Gold. I don’t give a duck because this is up there with the best away days of my life.

Up the ducking Rams. I’ll see you at Swansea on Wednesday and WBA on Saturday. We can ducking do it.

P.S. I also saw the mighty Derby_England_Loyal at half-time. He’s mystified as to why he got banned but I’m not in a position to comment.  

Up the bar steward Rams.

At least you have some taste 

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What a ducking day.

Up the bar steward Rams.

When you've sobered up make sure you don't go to PP on Saturday - we're playing Sunday

Archived