Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

*Note, writing this I've tried to eliminate any natural bias, but also just be honest in how I saw it.*

First 15, very little in it, City just edged it imo, but only by the fact we had actually taken a shot.

Game opened up a bit, Derby goal while not exactly against the run of play, was your first shot and a piss easy save but for a deflection 2 yards in front of Maenpaa.

Best chance of the half fell to Derby, but other than that 1 chance all the opportunities went the way of City- that's not to say they were massive chances, far from it, often shots from outside the box straight at Roos.

Referee was very lenient first half (this section all typed at that point) with Derby players IMO, but not biased in decisions. There were 4-5 very late challenges, only 1 of which got a booking. There was a kick to the head on Brownhill (I think) which was dangerous play (though the Derby player had every right to go for the ball, not suggesting a red at all) 2-3 that were just late challenges and one where, in all fairness, you should have had a freekick before the challenge happened. He was pushed down when going for a header, then lead with an elbow going for the next one.

Feel City are unfortunate to be behind at half time, but Derby looked dangerous on the break.

Early second half Maenpaa makes a good save to stop a 1 on 1 shot and we had a chance where I've no idea how the ball didn't go in.

The red card was odd (from my view and just one viewing, live)

Our player was stretching to get the ball, got the ball but caught the Derby player.

Literally 5 minutes before this Paterson sprayed a cross field ball, and slipped caught Mount (?), Ref said nothing.**

There were multiple of these without a booking by Derby players first half.

City fans baying for a red when Da Silva was wiped out after a Derby corner I think knew it wasn't a red challenge.

Mount then then had a great chance, followed by 5 minutes where our players were queuing up to try and score, the result being a breakaway and a Derby goal, utilising their extra man.

Last 10 minutes or so Derby passed the ball around for fun.

Honest opinion of did the better team win, from performances on the day? No.

But you put the ball in the net 4 times, we didn't manage it once, so from that view you deserve the win.

Also, the 4th one was a very tight and perhaps unlucky offside.

Was livid with some of the decisions at the time, but tried to be as unbiased as possible when typing.

** Note on the red card, when I spoke to my brother-in-law after the game he said Semenyo was high going in

Cheers, it's always nice to have reasonable opposition fan views.

It sounded on the radio like you created plenty of chances and dominated a lot of the play.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, rynny said:

I'm not on twitter mate, but there's a much better bounce video doing the rounds, involving a brunette in a bikini by a pool.

Any chance you could post that up?

I've tried, but to no avail.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Cheers, it's always nice to have reasonable opposition fan views.

It sounded on the radio like you created plenty of chances and dominated a lot of the play.

First half I think all our chances were half chances at most, bar one or two.

Second half as I said in the essay there was a moment even with 10 men where we were queuing up to shoot, goal line clearances, the crossbar, we just couldn't score.

I'm going to drown my sorrows in a few ciders now.

35 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But you put the ball in the net 4 times, we didn't manage it once, so from that view you deserve the win.

Do you deserve to win because you controlled the game better, had more of the ball, more chances, not really.

It was one of those games where we will say if you don't put the ball in the net, you don't deserve to win it's as simple as that. How you didn't put the ball in the net I'll never know, whilst our defending was heroic at times we also had lady luck (not Sky or EFL) on our side.

When you wasn't able to scramble it in at the start of the second half I suddenly felt more relaxed, like I knew it was going to be one of those days. 

Was a very Gary Rowettesque performance, defended like champs and hit you on the break and put the ball in the net.

Other way round I would feel absolutely gutted, sick to the stomach given what was on the line, so to come on and offer an unbiased view on the game so soon after, fair play, many fans would come on and give some abusive stuff and shown the door.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Also, the 4th one was a very tight and perhaps unlucky offside.

Was livid with some of the decisions at the time, but tried to be as unbiased as possible when typing.

** Note on the red card, when I spoke to my brother-in-law after the game he said Semenyo was high going in

Does the better team or whatever euphemism you use win every match day though, we did enough to beat you which is the bottom line.

Whether we were better in parentheses on the day is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

When you've sobered up make sure you don't go to PP on Saturday - we're playing Sunday

I’ve got a law ball on Friday and an accommodation ball on Saturday. WBA will be tough to get for an early kick off but I still cannot bloody wait. I seriously think we can do it. I’m pissed but I don’t care.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not on twitter mate, but there's a much better bounce video doing the rounds, involving a brunette in a bikini by a pool.

Seen it, unfortunately does not comply with our terms and conditions. ?

Just now, reveldevil said:

Even if it's a link, not an embedded video?

With a warning etc!!

Nope. Let's just say just go to Kieran Lee's profile. If you recognise the name, you will know the content you are about to see.

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23dcfc&src=tyah

Huddz in to do Bradley's job whilst Bradders goes to do Bryson's job, Wilson and Lawrence wide, Waggy front.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

At least you have some taste 

He's a fruit juice swigging student.

Now I remember proper cider in Bristol at the 3 Lamps Tavern in Totterdown back in 1985. My first day working at Imperial, and I went to the bar just down from my digs on Wells Road in the evening. My usual request for the first night in a new pub of "I'll have a pint of what the locals drink" was met by the landlord with "Oh, you want a pint o' that there zgrump".

"Ah, cider - women's drink" I replied.

4 pints later, the landlord told me that I walked around the pool table twice before I made it to the bog.

I stick to Belgian beer nowadays.

3 minutes ago, The Drog's Ballacks said:

How bad was the injury to Tomori do we know?

Didn't look serious, looked nothing to be honest, clash of knees, probably a bit of a bruise, nothing a bag of peas and beer won't sort.

Archived