Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by Day

Just now, jono said:

I bet you’re fun at parties. .. for gormless how about perseverance ? 

How about Norwich and Sheff United for clued up all season? Derby were fortunate today. QPR were without a manager and were struggling with injuries.We needed the win. They outplayed us at times as we lacked any coherent game plan.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

How about Norwich and Sheff United for clued up all season? Derby were fortunate today. QPR were without a manager and were struggling with injuries.We needed the win. They outplayed us at times as we lacked any coherent game plan.

I didn't think they outplayed us at any time. I thought they were very poor and their tactics, especially the time-wasting, which started in the first half, were anti-football. Thankfully the ref punished the time-wasting!

What a truly truly funny game 

for one reason ... harry Wilson 

first half he was quite simply atrocious 

literally , and I mean literally didn’t find a white shirt once, I lie .. he did he played it into mounts(I think ) feet when he had a man right up his ass coming straight through him (ooo er Mrs)

second half he found a similar coloured shirt on a few occasions to his credit but I’m still talking counting on one hand .... but then he steps up and does the business probably bagging motm in the process as he was far from alone in his loose passing

the beautiful game for all to behold ... don’t u just love it 

COYR get in!! ..... pretty sure I’m in the happy clapper brigade, got a pair of those rose coloured looking glasses things too and even been likened to a fruitcake\bat?? but you know what whilst ever we still got a chance I’m up for it .... at this time of season don’t care how we play or how we score, if it goes in off someone’s a**e it don’t matter. Talk about it was\wasnt a penalty all you like, claim we didn’t play too well, it don’t matter, all that matters is we now sixth, it’s still in our hands and is still all to play for, bring on Brizzle. 

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thought Bennett was a positive force as soon as he came on and in the second nuge and Marriott just compounded it.

Go on admit it, you meant Nuge and Marriott.

I was mystified that he brought on Bennett for Bryson instead of Hudds; we were crying out for control & composure in midfield.

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

I didn't think they outplayed us at any time. I thought they were very poor and their tactics, especially the time-wasting, which started in the first half, were anti-football. Thankfully the ref punished the time-wasting!

They had a very good chance to win the game as presented by Scott Malone. Derby lacked confidence and the ability to finish the game and manage the victory. It was clueless from a team supposedly looking for promotion.

Just now, Harrowram said:

They had a very good chance to win the game as presented by Scott Malone. Derby lacked confidence and the ability to finish the game and manage the victory. It was clueless from a team supposedly looking for promotion.

They had 3 very good chances to score, but none of it stemmed from their good play. At no point did they outplay us, but you're right we were very poor, which doesn't say a lot for QPR.

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

Go on admit it, you meant Nuge and Marriott.

I was mystified that he brought on Bennett for Bryson instead of Hudds; we were crying out for control & composure in midfield.

Agree, that game was crying out for Hudds and some calmness and quality passing in midfield. Dire game, we were poor for a lot of it but we got the 3 points which is all that matters ?

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

For those that moan that we don’t get rub of the green and it don’t even itself out over the course of the season, that was the clearest case of it actually does today.

Also, fair play to a referee who added the time on there...... think no one was expecting 9 

I said as much to my lad. 7 mins max I was expecting and he went for 6, so credit where it’s due. He had a cack game aside from punishing them- and their keeper in particular- for the blatant time wasting at every opportunity.  What a shift in atmosphere in the space of 10 seconds. Even during the delay fir the pen, the keeper was giving Harry the verbals and the ref let him carry on!

1 hour ago, jono said:

I am too shocked to write a report at the moment ... If you hear a rumour about the East Stand actually bouncing .. it’s all true??? .. I know because I was there ???

That was scary (well, a bit). 

53 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Best game of the season for pure drama.

surprised by eustaces poohouse tactics of cynical fouls and time wasting, plus harassing the ref as they walked off.

Qpr got exactly what they deserved.

zilch.

Surprised? That's exactly what he was like as a player and we loved him for it.

I thought he organised them well and they nearly pulled the plan off to perfection.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Surprised? That's exactly what he was like as a player and we loved him for it.

I thought he organised them well and they nearly pulled the plan off to perfection.

The tactics become far less effective if more referee's take up this one's attitude of condemnation. I certainly wouldn't want every game to have 10 minutes tacked on the end ? 

5 minutes ago, Gisby said:

COYR get in!! ..... pretty sure I’m in the happy clapper brigade, got a pair of those rose coloured looking glasses things too and even been likened to a fruitcake\bat?? but you know what whilst ever we still got a chance I’m up for it .... at this time of season don’t care how we play or how we score, if it goes in off someone’s a**e it don’t matter. Talk about it was\wasnt a penalty all you like, claim we didn’t play too well, it don’t matter, all that matters is we now sixth, it’s still in our hands and is still all to play for, bring on Brizzle. 

I absolutely agree, why on earth are we beating ourselves up over a spot of luck!

In other games we’ve had post after post bemoaning our luck, the minute we get some we have the same people saying our slice of luck wasn’t justified.

I am rapidly concluding that our fan base is full of contriving so and so’s who have forgotten what football is all about.

I for one will enjoy the moment and look forward to the next game with the hope we may even have more lucky moments, and if we do who knows what might happen.

Just now, SaintRam said:

The tactics become far less effective if more referee's take up this one's attitude of condemnation. I certainly wouldn't want every game to have 10 minutes tacked on the end ? 

I reckon to punish them further that our goal scored in the added time should have counted as a golden goal!

No surprise that as the wheels have come back on as soon as the wheels  have fallen off at Man Utd. Lampard’s at the wheel!

This would be my team for the rest of the season when everyone is fit

Roos

Bogle Keogh  Tomori  cole

Johnson

Wilson          Mount

Waghorn   Marriott   Holmes

We simply have to play Marriott and Waghorn together, it would be crazy not to at this point. Marriott made a massive difference as soon as he came on. Waghorn to move more centrally alongside Marriott when we have possession. Malone proved today why we have to play Cole instead of him, he is very poor defensively and he almost cost us a goal , Holmes over Lawrence is a no brainer. The only real debate is Johnson or Huddlestone in my opinion. Huddlestone is a better player than Johnson and johnson’s passing was shockingly bad today but Johnson just provides that something, I’m not sure what it is but he does. 

6 minutes ago, KCG said:

They had 3 very good chances to score, but none of it stemmed from their good play. At no point did they outplay us, but you're right we were very poor, which doesn't say a lot for QPR.

I think it would be fair to say we were poor for 50/60 minutes and they didn’t capitalise, but at a certain point after that we were in the ascendency, we got sharper. Neither team was pretty and there were a lot of un forced errors. Wilson and Lawrence in the first half were particularly dire. QPR moved the ball quite well and pretty quickly - for about half an hour - but anything they got in terms of threat was down to our lack of zip or silly mistakes - as you say, not because they were actually good ?

It wasn’t a great 90 minutes but from 90 to 101 I was on the edge of my seat and my voice is all raspy now. I also left the ground with the biggest fattest grin in a long while ... COYR

31 minutes ago, jono said:

We should all have a whip round and get rampage some predated garden centre gift vouchers. 

@Rampage what a garden irrigationist ?

Jono, today you have risen to a new level of literary genius. What a guy! Please forward your mailing address and zip code and you will receive a stamped addressed envelope for cash donations. You have my permission to start crowd funding. Please remember that I never get out of bed for less than 50k. ??

Archived