Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by David

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Why? First one awarded to us from the last 20 odd penalty shouts. Or are you saying it wasn’t a penalty? To me it was one of those 50-50 types, which sometimes are and sometimes aren’t, as the defender swiped Bogle out but also knocked the ball out of play - foul and a penalty in my opinion, but I can understand why it may not have been awarded 

I'm saying as I originally stated that we were exceptionally spawny today which I'll take.

Which makes a nice leveller for some of the game we allegedly should have won due to bad luck or poor refereeing decisions .

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who want the stats, we dominated those even if we left ourselves a bit open on the counter, in search of the goals we needed. 

Screenshot_20190422-173626.thumb.png.782dad0ddf00ca5c57c8a6442056c346.png

Win the next two and we're in the playoffs with a game to spare. But we all know it's not going to be quite so straightforward! 

Loved the passion from Tomori and Lampard, loved the fact that we never gave up and kept on going for the winner and loved how supportive the crowd was. The football wasn't amazing, but we gave it everything and deserved the win. duck QPR's keeper though, cheating bar steward.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I'm saying as I originally stated that we were exceptionally spawny today which I'll take.

Which makes a nice leveller for some of the game we allegedly should have won due to bad luck or poor refereeing decisions .

In what way we’re we “Spawny”? To get the penalty? 50-50 decision which also l balances out with the foul on Mount. Mount also hit the post which was a lot closer than QPR ever got

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For those who want the stats, we dominated those even if we left ourselves a bit open on the counter, in search of the goals we needed. 

Screenshot_20190422-173626.thumb.png.782dad0ddf00ca5c57c8a6442056c346.png

Win the next two and we're in the playoffs with a game to spare. But we all know it's not going to be quite so straightforward! 

QPR were truly awful, but they spent a lot of time in our half due to how absolutely wasteful we were. While those stats look nice, they had  2 or 3 really really golden opportunities before we scored.

Johnson had a 63% pass completion. Which is awful for him.

But even worse, Mount had 59% and Lawrence had 50%! FIFTY! That's at Goalkeeper clearance level.

Our transitional play was truly diabolical and I really hope it improves in the next few games so we can at least finish with strength even if we don't get into the playoffs/win the playoffs BUT I don't care about us improving it if we continue to win despite those poor elements ? Feel great right now. 

46 minutes ago, timmo said:

Thought Nuge made a difference when he came on. Showed more urgency in 15 minutes than the rest did all match   

Yet he had a rubbish shot at goal when he could have passed and Marriott passed to make sure Harry scored.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He was by a mile the worst player on the pitch until added time.... but he won the match, so he gets the love from me tonight 

Lawrence and Johnson were both worse than Wilson. 

41 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

In fairness there is always a chance if i ever bumped into Margot Robbie in Morrisons, she would come straight up to me and demand i make mad passionate love to her in the frozen isle section.

We will never know for sure though....

As long as it's not in the frozen sausage section

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In what way we’re we “Spawny”? To get the penalty? 50-50 decision which also l balances out with the foul on Mount. Mount also hit the post which was a lot closer than QPR ever got

You don't agree we were lucky to win today? 

We won which is the main thing so not getting hung up on the ends justifying the means.  

Archived