Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by Day

27 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just like Bristol’s performances against Reading and Sheff Wed won’t frighten us, or boro’s performances in at the least the last 8 games won’t frighten us.

We’re playing the best of all the teams competing for 6th place!

We aren't playing Boro. Swansea and West Bromwich are in form. We can't rely on other teams losing to make the play-offs. Saturday's game is massive with the pressure on Bristol City. I think a win will just about see us over the line.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Anon said:

It's hard to fathom how those cheating Berkshire hunts can seriously believe there's some kind of EFL conspiracy against them even after the pathetic "punishment" they received for flagrant rule breaking. They rival Leeds for a misplaced sense of entitlement.

Actually, I have a bit of time for QPR fans. Living in London with all the temptation to follow one of the bigger teams I doff my hat to those preferring to watch their football at an old school, BBG-esque ground and pinning your hopes on Matty Smith. They strike me as anything but entitled.

23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Actually, I have a bit of time for QPR fans. Living in London with all the temptation to follow one of the bigger teams I doff my hat to those preferring to watch their football at an old school, BBG-esque ground and pinning your hopes on Matty Smith. They strike me as anything but entitled.

They manage to pull the "woe is me" card over receiving a staggeringly watered down punishment for breaking FFP rules. You'll forgive me if I don't break out the violin just because they have some successful neighbours.

Roller-coaster of emotions! Anything but dull being a derby fan! I have to say the up and downs have made it an incredibly fun season to watch the Rams and the number of late goals we've scored from Reading away first game, Hull away, Norwich away Wigan home and now yesterdays. One thing Frank has done is instil a never-say-die attitude into the squad. Previous years the belief would have gone and in recent history we were rarely able to score late goals when it really matters and often gone the other way and more likely to concede late on (many I remember from the Nigel Clough era). What a joy that was on Easter Monday. Yes we didn't play particularly well, but playing against such a stubborn and defensive side as QPR, we must applaud the boys for getting the job done. I must concede when Mount's shot went in slow-mo and hit the post I didn't think we'd do it. 

Coming away from a game I was first relieved and overjoyed we got the win. A real statement that we aren't done yet. I was then smug as hell. For a team like QPR to come here and deploy such tactics with the constant time-wasting from such an early period for us to then go on and win in that manner is pure justice. When they've got nothing to play for by all means play defensive but the constant slow play when it was a stoppage set them up for an almighty fall. Karma of the highest order! Credit to the ref for adding on all that time when most take the easy option and add a mere 4 minutes. 

Tip of the cap to our gaffer Frankie for the subs. Thought they all made an impact in some way when coming on. 

Mason Bennett. Although his touch was left on the bench, once we finally chucked it forward (absolutely nothing wrong with this) He won pretty much every header against far taller defenders. Tremendous leap on the lad and gave everything. 

Marriott- Looked extremely lively once he came on which bodes well for us with important games coming up. What a strike he had as well, thought it was in all the way. Set up the final goal as well when I bet most of us thought he'd take it on himself. Desperate for him to grab a goal in the final run-in.

Nugent- I am far from his biggest fan and do think he's finished here but have to say he was energetic and did cause issue for them. Used the ball well. 

Thought the fans were brilliant. From the start to the end we got behind them, when the penalty was awarded and the two goals the roof came off! Great to see the emotion of Frank at the end, he clearly loves it and lives for those moments like we do as fans! Lets hope for more bouncing at Brizzle on Saturday. 

We march onto Bristol. Never been to Ashton Gate but relishing the trip now. This is a cup final in itself. We are in the driving seat now. Lets get behind the boys and get a result! 

COYR

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The penalty looked stonewall from where I was (south west corner), but I haven't seen the replay. In real time, it did look a completely ill-thought out swing of the boot. 

As for the performance, it wasn't the best but I don't think you can take anything away from QPR who were the most organised team I can remember seeing at Pride Park this season. They lack quality, definitely, but for winning second balls, making life difficult, getting themselves back in position out of possession, I genuinely think they were the best we've seen this season. Credit to Eustace for that. 

The lack of midfield presence really hogtied us at times, as I said: QPR's off the ball movement really made it difficult and I felt we didn't do enough at times to create good options. They did get tired, eventually, and their concentration lapsed just enough for us to get a deserved, hard-worked win. 

QPR players deserve a lot of credit for their effort off the ball, especially given their circumstances, but it would have been disappointing not to come away with all three points. 

They nor Eustace deserved anything.Cheating time wasting thugs.Who would wan't to watch that football killing crap every week.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well now all the emotion of snatching an undeserved win is over we need to focus on the reality that we were very poor yesterday against an average QPR and we have lost Bryson and Cole it seems 

Why was it undeserved it was very much deserved.

QPR time wasting and hacking our players down 3 times at least when we tried to break. 

11 hours ago, toddy said:

I thought it was a pen but having just looked at it on tv tonight. The defender got the ball first and Bogle fell over his foot.

Its swings and roundabouts, we have not got them when it has been a blatant pen, today we got one and it wasnt a pen. 

He did get a foot to it but he didn't change the course of the direction enough to warrant taking the player out. Had Bogle stayed on his feet he still would have been in possession and therefore the challenge impeded play, meaning it was a penalty. Also, you just can't put your leg out like that in the box - it was a rash one and got what it deserved.

Great result yesterday, it will do wonders for the teams confidence in the next 3 games.

The togetherness of the squad is there to see. Im just taking it game by game and goal by goal. Its fantastic that after all the change in the last year we still have something to fight for at this point in the season and were above forest again! Im confident and im nervous, but what will be will be. if we can generate some performances and points from the next 3 then who knows what can happen. no one wants to play the side which is high on confidence after a late rallying to make the play offs.

In terms of performances recently, ive seen Johnson spoken about a lot and the thing with Johnson is that hes never going to be as confident on the ball as Huddlestone or as athletic and skillful as mount but he fights and tries to make something happen even when hes not t his best. The effect hes had on Mount and how close he seems to the Harry and Mason will help them. People forget that he could of pulled an Anya and just sat on his wage until he left in summer but credit to the lad hes got stuck in and tried his hardest for the side and has helped us. 

Bennett for how annoying he can be needs to start in the next 3, purely because he wins so many headers which helps us to get in behind and put teams under pressure. Marriott did well when he cam on and looked sharp. The reason we looked better with Nugent and Marriott on the pitch was because the striker had a player getting close to him, if we had Waghorn playing off Marriott like Nugent did we would batter teams.

All in all it was a great day. On to Bristol. COYR

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Some people are never happy 

I am happy we got the win absolutely. The win only paints over the cracks that are likely to show for the remaining three games which is a concern.

Hopefully we can get this tidied up in training and hit the ground running. 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why was it undeserved it was very much deserved.

QPR time wasting and hacking our players down 3 times at least when we tried to break. 

Time wasting and fouling didn’t make us pass poorly or hardly create any real chances until we got a fortunate penalty decision - we were poor but our attitude and effort were excellent - we can be a lot better 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Time wasting and fouling didn’t make us pass poorly or hardly create any real chances until we got a fortunate penalty decision - we were poor but our attitude and effort were excellent - we can be a lot better 

Time wasting and fouling breaks up play allowing a team to get no rhythm going. 

Clearly QPR were worried every time we looked like breaking away. 

Fortunately the last break away proved decisive 

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Did you see his goal against Birmingham?

Yes I did and it's not what I'm on about - that was a goal on the break, counter attack style. I'm talking about when the opposition line pushes up and we lob it over the top expecting our big centre forward to win the sprint off. It isn't going to work, hasn't worked and yet we keep on trying it.

That penalty decision is a weird one. Real time, sat in one of the closer positions in the stadium to where it took place, it looked absolutely stone wall. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. Having now seen it back, can see where some people may thing dubious, but to me, he was the wrong side the whole time, got man first and i'd still say penalty.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

So do I, QPR are a proper club with proper supporters, although smaller than I thought. I work in London with some and they are decent people.  I dont think that they get that singing Bobby Zamora dosnt really have an effect on us, but let them do it, its a laugh. Had a look at the Pen, it wasn’t one for me

No need to dissect the game, wouldn't make great reading/writing. The last 9 minutes is all that mattered in the end, haven't seen the ground like that in a fair few years.

Despite the clear tension in the stands I also think there was a feeling we'd win, we just did it the hard way. Like the really really hard way. I've left early in the past and will do in the future no doubt but there was absolutely no way you could leave that game unless you 100% had to. Loved the "It's happening again" from QPR. (QPR? Lolz). 

No peno for me, gets the ball first. Makes up for the two we should have had on Friday though.

Archived