Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by Day

Seems to me that its results like that which define if you are worthy of success, more so even than putting relegation teams like bolton and rotherham  to the sword. To keep pushing and really going for it, and not giving up , even when things are not coming off as you might have hoped. 

And what a fantastic atmosphere at the end , the best of the season so far. Great to see so many fans still there at the final whistle to join in the celebrations with the team and the manager. Really quite emotional. Its moments like that make you realise why you buy a season ticket !

That was a fantastic effort by the lads today, getting the result was all that mattered and is all that will be remembered, so well done to all of them.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to start with Wilson and Mount in front of the DM for the rest of the season.  Waghorn, Marriott and Lawrence as the front 3. 

I’ve criticised him abit but thought Nuge was excellent when he came on, worked his socks off.

Just now, TexasRam said:

Got to start with Wilson and Mount in front of the DM for the rest of the season.  Waghorn, Marriott and Lawrence as the front 3. 

I’ve criticised him abit but thought Nuge was excellent when he came on, worked his socks off.

Holmes>>>> Lawrence. Lawrence had a shocker, every time the ball went to him, the attack broke down. His passing was off, dribbling was off, crossing very bad, shooting bad, didn’t provide much defensive help to Malone. I wonder if Lawrence might be better on the right, on the left he’s far too predictable. He had a spell last season under Rowett where he was put on the right and his performances slightly improved

42 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Holmes>>>> Lawrence. Lawrence had a shocker, every time the ball went to him, the attack broke down. His passing was off, dribbling was off, crossing very bad, shooting bad, didn’t provide much defensive help to Malone. I wonder if Lawrence might be better on the right, on the left he’s far too predictable. He had a spell last season under Rowett where he was put on the right and his performances slightly improved

Yes agree, totally forgot about Holmes. Anyone on the left as long as the others are filled with the players mentioned in the original post.

Had to head straight out from watching on Rams TV at an eventual final whistle. Thought I’d rewind on here to read the emotions of the fans, now knowing the result it’s very enjoyable!  

Never seen time wasting go so unpunished like that before...... until that beautiful 9 flashed up. Fully justified too, need to see that more in games. Still can’t understand why time isn’t taken out of refs hands as in Rugby League. 

Well now, what a build up to next Sat, praying my work doesn’t take me past KO time. Have we sold out now? What an atmos there’s going to be, and indeed it looks like dirty are going to finish third...... oh football football, what a finale. Do try and enjoy it Rams, I for one think we are doing better than many thought with our new manager. SSA! 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Yes agree, totally forgot about Holmes. Anyone on the left as long as the others are filled with the players mentioned in the original post.

Totally agree with your other point though, if we fit Wilson, Mount, Holmes, Waghorn and Marriott into the same starting 11 then we will have a heck of a chance to have a successful end to the season.

2 hours ago, TZM said:

What are you on about? He won the ball before touching the man. It wasn’t from behind. End of. Even Lampard said we got lucky.

It was actually a very good tackle.

Anyway, great end to a nervy game.

Don't think he said we got lucky - more like IF we got lucky?

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

They had a very good chance to win the game as presented by Scott Malone. Derby lacked confidence and the ability to finish the game and manage the victory. It was clueless from a team supposedly looking for promotion.

But ultimately they did finish the game and managed the victory so whichever way you look at it they must have had the ability to do just that. Otherwise we wouldn't have won.

Not a great performance but it was a win. To read the almost constant negativity of some posters anyone would think we'd lost.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

The tactics become far less effective if more referee's take up this one's attitude of condemnation. I certainly wouldn't want every game to have 10 minutes tacked on the end ? 

I would. All those leaving 10 minutes before the end of normal time means far less traffic to wade through at the final whistle.

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

I wonder how many people on this forum actually attend the matches, seems to me that quite a few message throughout the match and generally moan about players when it’s not going Derby’s way.

I'll stick my hand up as only getting to a few matches a season due to distance on money. But no one takes me seriously, so it's all good.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll stick my hand up as only getting to a few matches a season due to distance on money. But no one takes me seriously, so it's all good.

I have respect for fans like you who don’t necessarily go to a lot of matches but still have lots of passion , support for the club and follow the club no matter what . If that were me I’d most likely lose my passion for the club over time. Going to games is what helps me to keep my passion.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I have respect for fans like you who don’t necessarily go to a lot of matches but still have lots of passion , support for the club and follow the club no matter what . If that were me I’d most likely lose my passion for the club over time. Going to games is what helps me to keep my passion.

I find the forum helps me feel connected and in touch with the club. If I still lived in Derbyshire I'd get to lots of games, be folk at work and the pub to chat about Derby with, and probably wouldn't be very active on the forum.

Lots of people have passion and love and support for the club in different ways and situations, that's life. But I do strongly believe there's nothing like going to the matches. You can see a game on telly, but you live it at the match.

Felt there was plenty of complacency about in the stands or at least a lack of patience. But plenty of noise and atmosphere, think sometimes the ‘know it all’ types need drowning out.

All for the 9 minutes added approach, it properly punished QPR and it was thoroughly deserved. Ref told them enough times about it. If they’d not pushed it they could have come away with a draw!

Seen a few say it were a lucky peno, but on replay I still think it is. Asking for trouble when you are sliding in not ‘on the goal side’.

Nugent changed the game for me, I’m not his biggest fan but he came on and played as a no.10 which connected the midfield and forwards. It is actually how he played at Leicester and Boro and he looked much happier for it. You need a focal point and Nugent provided it. Thought Johnson had a good game too.

MOTM was Bogle for me, Tomori was ok bit thought he got found out a few times today.

Just got in after the game my thoughts on the game, my best 9 minutes in life for a very long time, wow that was a great ending , today was a must win game and we did it, well done to Harry who was very average at best for 90 minutes, but credit where it is due a great peno, and a calm finish for the second, loved the atmosphere at the end, with Frank getting the whole of pp bouncing, imagine getting 40000 rams fans bouncing at the end of the Wembley final, now that would be a dream come true.

Archived