Derby County vs QPR

cannable
Message added by Day

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Lawrence was much better than Wilson, one of our best players first half. Johnson’s passing was woeful but he broke up play.

I get that stats don't tell the whole story (Wilson wasn't our best player but goals = rating), but I agree with whoscored in saying that Lawrence was the worst player on the pitch. That was my takeaway from watching, and the stats line up with it.

image.png.1b280b0ab1808a33ff8fd02be493eff0.png

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In what way we’re we “Spawny”? To get the penalty? 50-50 decision which also l balances out with the foul on Mount. Mount also hit the post which was a lot closer than QPR ever got

Errr the free header from the middle of the box, the ball across the six yard box that their striker was inches from, the shot/cross that Roos flapped at...

5 minutes ago, TZM said:

Despite the fact he clearly touches the ball before hitting Bogle? No way.

Even if he did he took the man out, he tackled from the wrong side and was always going to risk that decision.  Current football rules give no comfort to a defender he gets to the ball first but then clatters the player.  Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

An off target shot, a cross, and a ball whizzed across the goal is closer to hitting the net than the ball hitting the net? Yeah... okay ?‍♂️

Who knows? If it matters so much to you then yes I agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Even if he did he took the man out, he tackled from the wrong side and was always going to risk that decision.  Current football rules give no comfort to a defender he gets to the ball first but then clatters the player.  Where have you been for the last 10 years?

What are you on about? He won the ball before touching the man. It wasn’t from behind. End of. Even Lampard said we got lucky.

It was actually a very good tackle.

Anyway, great end to a nervy game.

Best game of the season for pure drama.

surprised by eustaces poohouse tactics of cynical fouls and time wasting, plus harassing the ref as they walked off.

Qpr got exactly what they deserved.

zilch.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I get that stats don't tell the whole story (Wilson wasn't our best player but goals = rating), but I agree with whoscored in saying that Lawrence was the worst player on the pitch. That was my takeaway from watching, and the stats line up with it.

image.png.1b280b0ab1808a33ff8fd02be493eff0.png

I saw those ratings and can’t say I agree with a few of them. Naturally Wilson gets boosted by his goals, as he should, cause that’s the whole aim of the game of course. As I say he wasn’t the worst player on the pitch by the end after those goals, of course not, he won us the game and the points in such a huge occasion! But before then he was imo, his general play was awful and that’s what I’ve been criticising, not his goal threat because we all know he has that. Thought Lawrence was better than they give there, but he has little tangible impact so I suppose that’s why he rates so low. Can’t fathom the Johnson 7.7 but there we go!?

Aint here to dwell on anyone playing poorly mind, of course some of our general play needs looking at because we need to perfume better to win our remaining games, but right now I’m off to celebrate that absolutely massive victory that seemed almost impossible late on!

Archived