Message added by Day

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cannable said:

El Eustico. 

Shame Schteve isn’t still in charge. 

Must win.

Must win, will win, can not wait for another great home performance, we will win this one 5-1, improving our goal difference, Bristol will lose at Wednesday and for once the red dogs will do us a favour and beat Boro, top 6, then the all important game at Bristol City, it's going to tough and one hell off a end to the season, that's why I love the play offs it keeps the season alive, till the last game of the season. Will be backing our team on Monday with all the positive support they need and deserved, what ever happens, it's been a good first season for Frank, and will be an interesting summer ahead.

Unfortunately I can't see Notts Forest doing us a favour. Boro seem to be winning 1-0 with ugly dull battling football that might be enough to see them landing 6th place. We on the other hand have never been able to scrap for the 1-0's in this manner, as we never have enough physical types of players that can dig in, and grind out results when it really matters. Hope they prove me wrong.

Awful team in general qpr, but capable of putting in the odd worldie performance. Team need to be aware of that and know this game could go either way, and make sure they actually turn up focused and give it their all, don’t want to see any slow starts and lethargy. Have to be winning this, and need to not make it complicated for ourselves by making stupid duck ups like we did last match on set pieces (ffs practice defending them!), should be getting an efficient win at home here if you’re looking at promotion. Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Huddlestone

Mount Johnson

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence

Bennett is for Wilson a no brainier, absolutely deserves his place after his cameo against brum compared to Wilson’s repeated ineffectual performances. Midfield a harder call, but feel like we need a little more composure with hudd, Bryson vanishes too much to be being carried imo. Malones return pushes Cole but after his last game he deserves to remain imo. 

QPR are again a physical side we’ve struggled against before, need to be not giving time time and space around the box, they’ll be taking shots wherever they can get them so we need to be closing them down. Liable to be a bit of hoofing and crossing going on as well so backline need to be ready and practiced to deal with aerial threats better than they did Friday. Have Johnson and huddlestone alternate between who’s back imo to make sure we always have that shield, but can mix it up a bit. Probably tell Cole to stay back a bit too, freeman is quality out wide for them and we need to stop him, don’t want Cole getting caught upfield. Don’t want to see any of this selfishness again either, they’ll bully us if we try greedy runs etc, gotta play as a team rather then individuals and pass and move quickly, we were too static yesterday.

59 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Bennett is for Wilson a no brainier

As if it's a no brainer! Even in his bad run of form he still put two past Bretford. How many did you score? None. That's how many. Let's do a poll on who people think is more likely to get us a couple of goals against QPR, Wilson or Bennett... what would you vote?

And I ain't hatin' on Mason, I'm a fan. But Wilson has magic and it's never going to be a no brainer to drop him.

Now, Wilson for Bryson back in midfield alongside his mate Mount? That might indeed be a no brainer. Lawrence, Snip & Dud up top?

Roos Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole Huddlestone Mount Wilson Bennett Waghorn Lawrence.

Get Wilson back in central midfield where he's better. 

Must win. Hopefully Forest do us a favour and beat Boro in the El Jurrasico. Bristol City away at Wednesday as well. Big chance here. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

As if it's a no brainer! Even in his bad run of form he still put two past Bretford. How many did you score? None. That's how many. Let's do a poll on who people think is more likely to get us a couple of goals against QPR, Wilson or Bennett... what would you vote?

And I ain't hatin' on Mason, I'm a fan. But Wilson has magic and it's never going to be a no brainer to drop him.

Now, Wilson for Bryson back in midfield alongside his mate Mount? That might indeed be a no brainer. Lawrence, Snip & Dud up top?

Ain’t about who’s more likely to score a goal against qpr, it’s about who we’re more likely to win the game with. Wilson is indeed a goal threat, we know that, but his overall game has been nothing short of awful imo since the turn of the year, if his name was Lawrence he’d be getting abuse left, right and centre. Wilson back in midfield would be even worse, he’s a total pansy and he’d bullied all day long by QPRs team, I could knock him off the ball and I’m a lanky see you next Tuesday. Not that Bryson isn’t as well, but he’s less of a danger to ourselves because he never gets on the ball to have a chance of losing it.

Aint no way we moving Waghorn from centre forward either, we’re a much better team with him there at the moment and he’s well in form.

We need to attack with purpose and confidence. Last 2 home games have shown we can do that. Sure, we need to be wary at the back, but I want to see a cohesive team performance.

Our problem is still that we look like 2 different teams home and away. If we reach the playoffs we need to get a big win at home and hope for a score draw away!

Carson to come back in as the assured pair of gloves. Hudds in for Bryso, Mason and Marriott to come in for impetus if we need it 

Archived