Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, r4derby said:

6 games to go. This is the last chance saloon to start putting a run together, for me. If we can start to play cohesive, attacking football and pick up points for the next 6 games.

Agree it’s the last chance saloon but we haven’t got in yet and there’s an ugly looking bouncer on the door like to say he doesn’t like your trainers. Still I suppose there’s a chance we could slip in through the side door and have a great night.

so for me it’s either

0-1 as the bouncer splits his too tight jacket, pushes you away and says go home to your Mum and get some new shoes. 

or 4-0 Derby as you get in through the side door, the bar owner spots you, thinks you’re enterprising lads and gives you a free beer

If we cant win today we may as well pack up,we are grasping at the playoffs with our finger nails as it is,our home form is good its away were we are woeful

Might be tempted to stick Wisdom at LB,Cole as started 4 games for us and we have lost the lot and i would like to see marritt come in from the cold also,what slight hope we have of making the play offs if we do were going to need him

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

6 games to go. This is the last chance saloon to start putting a run together, for me. If we can start to play cohesive, attacking football and pick up points for the next 6 games, we have a chance in the playoffs. If we can’t, then it won’t matter where we finish as we won’t get past Leeds/Sheff Utd in the playoffs anyway. It will be similar to Brighton against us in 2014.

Focussing in today, I’m torn between Lamps playing his best available line up and playing the players that are going to be the focal point of his team next season. I want to make the most of seeing Mount and Wilson in Derby shirts, but I also want to see a couple of our youngsters before the end of the season (who happen to play the same positions, if not near the same ability at the minute)

Carson back in for the run in. Us looking at Walton as potential GK next season suggests Lamps is targeting a GK, and Roos likely won’t be here. He’s been fine when he’s played, but made mistakes like Carson. Cole to play LB until Malone fit. Hudds to come back into the side. Marriott to be given a run out again, to see if the kick up the bum about training has worked (with a Waghorn having a rest on bench after couple of knocks)

Carson, Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole, Hudds Mount Holmes, Wilson Marriott Lawrence

Regarding your second paragraph, surely, whilst there is still a chance, he has to play his best available team. Can you imagine the (justified) reaction if he dropped the likes of Mount, Wilson and Tomori when there is still something, however remote, to play for?

Insane idea. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

We’ll batter these, meaning we’ll all cling onto a false hope of making the play offs. 

4-1 Derby. 

It's not false hope, don't believe everything you read online, we still have a chance and players good enough to see across the line if the players turn up. Whilst there's a chance we have legitimate hope. 

5pm tonight we could be 2 points behind Bristol City today and yet to play them. 

or

We could be 3 points behind Villa and a game in hand.

It's not over until Carol Vorderman says it isn't possible, not these negative nelly's online.

way from the on-field fiasco, we’re still no nearer knowing what’s happening with the ownership of the club. That’s amid rumours that the current chairman has flown off to the US despite still not managing to agree a deal with the “two interested parties” and yet again failing to pay the players for more than two weeks. It’s high time something changed, the ownership changed and we got some positive news for a change.

from the Lion of Vienna.

Things not good for Bolton. Surely we must win...

30 minutes ago, David said:

It's not false hope, don't believe everything you read online, we still have a chance and players good enough to see across the line if the players turn up. Whilst there's a chance we have legitimate hope. 

5pm tonight we could be 2 points behind Bristol City today and yet to play them. 

or

It's not over until Carol Vorderman says it isn't possible, not these negative nelly's online.

Of course it's still possible, mathematically it was still possible for Huddersfield to avoid relegation a few weeks ago even though the odds against it at bookmakers was 1000 to 1.

1 hour ago, David said:

or

Didn’t read it online tbh Dave. The previous 40 games have been enough evidence to come up with that summary. 

It is false hope, at no point in the season have we put together what we need right now to get into the play offs. 

Thats not even taking our recent form and away form into consideration! 

There’s always hope whilst it’s mathematically possible but it’s very unlikely given the facts. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Didn’t read it online tbh Dave. The previous 40 games have been enough evidence to come up with that summary. 

It is false hope, at no point in the season have we put together what we need right now to get into the play offs. 

Thats not even taking our recent form and away form into consideration! 

There’s always hope whilst it’s mathematically possible but it’s very unlikely given the facts. 

But what have the others done over 40 games? The fact we are still in with a chance says they haven't exactly been consistent either, still enough games for runs to start, runs to end, key players to pick up injuries.

Not that I wish injures on any player, look how important Grealish is to Villa, one hamstring away from twanging their run in.

Tuesday was hard to take, but let's not pretend we're lightyears away from others around us. Another Rotherham type performance needed today, get the juices flowing again.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

The $64000 question which Derby County will turn up. Or should I say will we turn up at all?

I know the answer but im not telling you until i see proof of your $64,000 ?

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Still not up for this one after Derby spoiled my Tuesday. Only a 5-0 and a slick performance will renew my faith. 

Same camp, takes a lot to deflate me too. However, Bolton are there for the taking, we couldn’t wish for a better fixture after Blackburn, so it will go some distance to banishing Tuesday and renewing confidence.

Plus American Ram deserves a win coming all this way! 

C.O.Y.R’s

Archived