Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Malone

Evans (need to see him given a run in the team imo)

Mount

Holmes

Wilson

Bennett

Marriott

Carson / Bird / Huddlestone / Sibley / Jozefzoon / Waghorn / Mitchell-Lawson

No place for Bryson or Johnson as they won't be here next season - lets look forward. No place for Lawrence as we should look to sell him this summer to help the finances and I'd rather he went than Bogle. 

Hudds can play CH if either get injured whilst Sibley covers LB as well as midfield. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rampant said:

No place for Bryson or Johnson as they won't be here next season - lets look forward. No place for Lawrence as we should look to sell him this summer to help the finances and I'd rather he went than Bogle. 

Hudds can play CH if either get injured whilst Sibley covers LB as well as midfield. 

ITK?

5 hours ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Malone

Evans (need to see him given a run in the team imo)

Mount

Holmes

Wilson

Bennett

Marriott

Carson / Bird / Huddlestone / Sibley / Jozefzoon / Waghorn / Mitchell-Lawson

I'd still prefer we at least kept trying for top 6, but the point where getting next seasons players playing is getting closer.

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Wisdom 

Huddlestone

Mount Holmes

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence

Need to win. My trust in Cole is non-existent. Maybe if he'd had a few games to get into playing he'd be able to do a job but he hasn't and there isn't much time left. He'll start anyway, so hopefully he proves me wrong - Bolton at home is as good a chance as he will get to put in a good performance. Marriott in the bench please. 

Roos

Bogle.  Keogh   Tomori.  Cole

Johnson

Holmes.   Mount

waghorn.                  Lawrence

Marriott

carson, Wilson, bird, Bennett, Mitchel-Lawson, ambrose, wisdom

This all depends on them trying to poohouse us, if they try then they could end up with a point or three, if not we should be able to take them.

Our problems are three fold:

- poor mentality when dealing with teams who are prepared to scrap for the points

- very poor midfield balance

- No striker to lead the line when Marriott isn’t in or playing well (Waghorns done ok but he doesn’t seem to be the answer as a lone striker)

It's a game at home against the team second from bottom, who are on the verge of potential non-existence, whose financial situation is so bad that multiple home games they have organised have been at risk of not going ahead, whose staff and players have had periods of not being paid, whose players have been on strike from training a week ago, and who we've not lost at home to since 1981.

We'll probably lose.

If we perform the same as we did against Bolton earlier in the season. Never mind the how poor we played in the last game against Blackburn.

We'll get the same outcome, an embarrassing defeat.

It's not our legendary annual post Christmas dip in form but our lack of consistency throughout the season and our inability to beat poor teams, that as been most worrying.

6 games to go. This is the last chance saloon to start putting a run together, for me. If we can start to play cohesive, attacking football and pick up points for the next 6 games, we have a chance in the playoffs. If we can’t, then it won’t matter where we finish as we won’t get past Leeds/Sheff Utd in the playoffs anyway. It will be similar to Brighton against us in 2014.

Focussing in today, I’m torn between Lamps playing his best available line up and playing the players that are going to be the focal point of his team next season. I want to make the most of seeing Mount and Wilson in Derby shirts, but I also want to see a couple of our youngsters before the end of the season (who happen to play the same positions, if not near the same ability at the minute)

Carson back in for the run in. Us looking at Walton as potential GK next season suggests Lamps is targeting a GK, and Roos likely won’t be here. He’s been fine when he’s played, but made mistakes like Carson. Cole to play LB until Malone fit. Hudds to come back into the side. Marriott to be given a run out again, to see if the kick up the bum about training has worked (with a Waghorn having a rest on bench after couple of knocks)

Carson, Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole, Hudds Mount Holmes, Wilson Marriott Lawrence

Carson

bogle tomori keogh cole

huddlestone 

mount wilson

holmes Marriott Lawrence 

bench 

Roos wisdom Johnson Bryson Bennett FloJo waghorn

Most likely line up in my opinion, we’ve looked best recently when we’ve had Wilson mount Holmes and Lawrence linking up. Marriott needs to play, Waghorn has looked a bit sluggish recently with that knock. 

Archived