Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

cannable

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SillyBilly said:

Couple more would be good for the GD. If we go to City needing to beat them we'd still be behind on GD. Good opportunity to close the gap.

I was just about to post that, if we can win by four today it will be like an extra point becuase it will mean there is more chance of us being able to beat  city on GD if it comes down to it.

So it looks like we are on course for the routine win we were expecting.

Trouble is that we are just so inconsistent. A comfortable win today and spirits will be lifted, but it’s probably another false dawn. We could easily go on and lose three of the next four.

I am not expecting us to get promoted or even finish in the play offs now, but it’d be nice to think we could give the teams above us something to think about. Who cares if we fall short - just string a few results together, apply some pressure and end the season on a respectable note.

At the end of the day, we’ve had some really outstanding performances this season but they are not really going to count for much or stick in the memory when they are outnumbered by so many bad ones like Forest, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn, Preston, Sheff Utd away and Millwall at home just off the top of my head.

It’d just be nice for us to put a run together and give the fans some hope, some reasons to be optimistic for next season.

Archived